An Old School Catholic Message Board

Boycott Target

electricdisk

As of today, 09-26-2003 my family and I will no longer be shopping at target. I have already emailed the company and spoken to their corporate offices.

If you wanna know why,

Click here:

http://www.afa.net/activism/IssueDetail.asp?id=90

Please use this thread to comment on the action (or inaction) that you have done/will not do.

Until I get an apology from the company or these items pulled from their stores (and affiliates), we will not be shopping there.

A simple

"Neither will I"

on this thread will accomplish nothing. Target HAS to know that you intend on damaging their cash flow before they will do anything about this.

Kilroy the Ninja

Actually the article has it wrong. Target is a subsidiary of Marshall Fields. As is Mervyns and Marshalls. Marhsall Fields is the one to complain to. Not Target.

so if you're going to boycott someone, boycott Marshall Fields.

:ph34r:

If you have a job, you know that the policies are made AT THE TOP, not the bottom.... The janitor doesn't make company policy, the owner does. Marshall fields is OWNED BY "TARGET BRANDS"

Do you really think a little nothing place like "marshal fields" is going to care what they put out as long as it is approved by the "Corporate Office"?

You kill a snake by cutting off it's head. Boycott target and they will feel the pinch. Call the company, they will hear. Make an effort and it will make a difference.

How short sided and blind - typical American attitude.

"If you don't like what is on TV, change the channel" - yeah, I can change the channel but 10 other houses on my street are watching filth (I'm not, but the rest of the street is).

Oh, you forgot to point out that it is a misspelled word - and isn't really anything to get upset about.

You might as well boycott Macy's and other department stores because in an article I read two weeks ago in USA Today, because they plan on carrying it too.

If you have a job, you know that the policies are made AT THE TOP, not the bottom.... The janitor doesn't make company policy, the owner does.  Marshall fields is OWNED BY "TARGET BRANDS"

Do you really think a little nothing place like "marshal fields" is going to care what they put out as long as it is approved by the "Corporate Office"?

You kill a snake by cutting off it's head.  Boycott target and they will feel the pinch.  Call the company, they will hear.  Make an effort and it will make a difference.

How short sided and blind - typical American attitude.

"If you don't like what is on TV, change the channel" - yeah, I can change the channel but 10 other houses on my street are watching filth (I'm not, but the rest of the street is). 

Oh, you forgot to point out that it is a misspelled word - and isn't really anything to get upset about.

Back up a second. Kilroy wasn't saying not to complain, she is under the impression as was I, that it was acutally Marshall Fields that owns the rest of the subsideraries.

I thought that was the case too, but I looked it up and the overall corporation is Target.

Marshall Fields is the upscale department store. If you are going to boycott, boycott all of Targets subs.

You might have more of a success of going to the Target store in your area and talking to the manager and District manager. Complain locally, newspapers, etc and get the word out as well as what your doing.

Wal-Mart has come across similar situations. Bite in your own territory first (locally) and the chain reaction will start. You can be assured I'll take some action.

God Bless

First of all, FCUK has been around since I was like, halfway through high school and i'm in my fourth year of university (and I took a year off). Honestly folks, the kids don't even care...are we going to boycott sending our children to their classmates houses where their parents swear? cover their ears? blindfold them too? Like for real, WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more serious things to boycott like the gap's child labour or George Bush and his hunt for invisible weapons of mass destruction. Any place that sells perfume, sells fcuk...and just for the record, only the 'geeky' teenagers actually say it like the word it imitates. most just say 'fa'-'cuk' (like cup but only with a k)

like honestly, if you had to rely on profanity to sell your cologne, chances are you're a loser to begin with. lol

lol i dunno.....run from him.......don't vote for him...give him money........I'm not american, so i guess you could become canadian til someone else gets elected. lol

lol i dunno.....run from him.......don't vote for him...give him money........I'm not american, so i guess you could become canadian til someone else gets elected. lol

LOL LOL LOL :lol::lol: :lol:

and another thing.......heavens to betsy how does one gain access to the new back alley, I wanna see some mudslingin! (well not really, it's actually quite distressing...but i wanna see anyway)