An Old School Catholic Message Board

Spinnest Habit?

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

What Order has the most dope Spin habit?  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm biased towards the dominicans because i might be one someday. I think it is awesome that they haven't changed their habits since the beginning....or at least that is how i understand it. And the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist have an awesome medallion (if that's what you call it) that they wear around their neck with the image of Mary, the child Jesus, and the eucharist. It's soooo beautiful.

I think if you were going for the most dope spin habit, I'd have to say the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word. You see that and you know it's a habit! Plus it's kind of two in one since it's Dominican and Franciscan. You have the Franciscan cord and the dope spin 15 decade Rosary!

There's this order in Pennsylvania called the Sister Servants of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, and theirs is pretty cool, too. They have the Franciscan cord, and the Sacred Heart is embroidered on their habit. This one sister was in her late 60s and she was from Poland. They used to embroider it with great detail, so her habit has this beautiful sacred heart. Everybody else has just the outline. I asked her why hers was different and she said, "Young women don't know how to sew any more! It took them too long to make it like mine, so they switched it." They are an order to check out sometime, too, if anybody is interested in Franciscan orders. I don't remember the older Polish one's name, but she is hysterical in the grandma type way.

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

[img]http://britius.stblogs.org/archives/Sisters.JPG[/img]
(Sister Servant's of the Eternal Word)
Those are pretty Dope! I am a big fan!

[img]http://www.catholicyouth.freeservers.com/vocations/women/sscjusa/sscjusa1.jpg[/img]
Sister Servants of the Sacred Heart (black habits) visiting Mother Angelica at EWTN

AWW...that is dope also!

daugher-of-Mary

Fiat, your pic didn't show up so here they are again. lol
[img]http://sisterservants.com/images/No11_Sisters%26Dog.jpg[/img]

Except the two little postulants in the picture are now novices...Sr. Catherine Mary and Sr. Mary Faustina. :D :D

I do love the Dominican's white habit, but I am kind of biased too ;-)

The habits of those Sister Servants are really awesome, though. I'd never seen them before!

Guest mernie511

gotta say the Intercessors of the Lamb. Mostly because they are based in my city, have some rockin' praise and worship, and worked with my youth group a lot. but in all honesty- the teal is pretty impressive. Think about it, it's just such a bold color, it make me smile every time i see one of them. Even their (humongous) dining room table is teal!

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

They choose teal because Christ is the bridge between Heaven and earth...and the sky is blue the earth is green...mix them together you get teal. (On of the sister's told me that...it is spin.)

Ave Maria!