An Old School Catholic Message Board

Spinnest Habit?

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

What Order has the most dope Spin habit?  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Oct 16 2004, 11:08 PM'] I agree^^

And no, I don't go to St. Mary's. [/quote]
An Institute Church?

[quote name='filio carmeli' date='Oct 18 2004, 02:00 PM'] I'M DOWN WITH BROWN BABY!!! [/quote]
When I was in high school, I was attracted to the Franciscans in Alton who either wear black or grey depending on the day. I met the Carmelites of the Divine Heart of Jesus at a work camp and loved their habits. I didn't know anything about them though. I was talking about vocation with one of the core members of my youth group, and he said, "You'd look good in gray!" I said, "I don't know, I really like brown" (referring to the Carmelites' habits). That infatuation didn't last since I realized I am very Franciscan in spirituality! (Although I just visited the Sister Servants in AL, and I must say, I just might end up in brown after all)

[quote name='popestpiusx' date='Oct 18 2004, 05:19 PM'] An Institute Church? [/quote]
Maybe... Sorry, I'd rather not narrow it down.

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Oct 18 2004, 10:12 PM'] Maybe... Sorry, I'd rather not narrow it down. [/quote]
Oh, sorry. I understand. I was just in Rockford, Wausau and Cashton back in August. That's all I was going to say.

[quote name='popestpiusx' date='Oct 18 2004, 09:58 PM'] Oh, sorry. I understand. I was just in Rockford, Wausau and Cashton back in August. That's all I was going to say. [/quote]
Ok, that's cool. :-)

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

I was reffering to the Cassock's for the SJ (Jesuit's.)...Even though they would look diosecen priest's with cassocks...I like it when diosecen priest's wear cassock's...:)

Totus Tuus,

Andy

• 1 month later...

a bump from the past! cauz in my search for a retreat house, i came across [b]The Sisters of St. Birgitta[/b]!!

Check out the [url="http://www.digitaljournalist.org/issue0210/assign/images/sm_nuns05_prayers.jpg"]spin headgear[/url] on these holy women!
--picture from online collection of Susan Markisz of NY Times (i know, i know) at www.digitaljournalist.org

Details on their retreat center in Connecticut found [url="http://birgittines-us.com/"]here[/url].

I wonder, any connection with Phatmasser Birgitta Noel? S'pose i should ask her.

[quote name='Fiat_Voluntas_Tua' date='Oct 19 2004, 11:19 PM'] This one is my favorite.

[img]http://www.aciprensa.com/Banco/images/jpii-meditacion.jpg[/img] [/quote]
Si :D

[quote name='daveybe' date='Nov 24 2004, 10:45 PM'] a bump from the past! cauz in my search for a retreat house, i came across [b]The Sisters of St. Birgitta[/b]!!

Check out the [url="http://www.digitaljournalist.org/issue0210/assign/images/sm_nuns05_prayers.jpg"]spin headgear[/url] on these holy women!

[/quote]
That is some awesome headgear!

[quote name='Paladin D' date='Oct 16 2004, 10:32 PM'] The [i][b]Society of Jesus[/b][/i] does [b]NOT[/b] have a distinctive habit. [/quote]
Ahahah Crusader_4 giving his bias again for the Jesuits!!! Now the Jesuits dont have a distinct Habit because there is no distinct work designed especially for the Jesuits although traditionally it has been teaching. Actually in Ontario the Jesuits use to wear cassocks but the Orange party outlawed it during the 1800 or early 1900's i beleive and as a result the roman collar became the norm. But if i had my way all the Jesuits world wide would wear cassocks...(ahahah neway go Jesuits!!! I am not Bias I SWEAR!! *fingers crossed* )

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Fiat_Voluntas_Tua' date='Oct 19 2004, 11:19 PM'] This one is my favorite.

[img]http://www.aciprensa.com/Banco/images/jpii-meditacion.jpg[/img] [/quote]
Techincally that is a carmalite habit.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I think we should find pics of the basic habits of several common and general orders... (ex. fransican, benedictine, carmelites, etc.) That would be cool! it would even be cooler to trace the history and "evolution" of the habit from its beginnings to now! That would be fun, at least to me it would...

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Dec 5 2004, 04:46 PM'] Techincally that is a carmalite habit. [/quote]
harrumphhhh......!!!

No, the Pope's "habit" is based on the DOMINICAN habit, ever since Pope St Pius V, who was a Dominican. The papal capuce has a split in it, like Dominican bishops used to wear, and the only thing missing is the scapular and rosary.

Before Pius V the popes dressed in red, like cardinals.