An Old School Catholic Message Board

Spinnest Habit?

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

What Order has the most dope Spin habit?  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not going to be a cistercian, but they have the best habits in the world!

Society of Jesus? Since when are there Jesuit nuns?

Edited by zunshynn

The most interesting habit I have heard of is coming from a new order called Children of Mary the habit is purple and white. Very Cool. Check out their site at childrenofmary.net

I will not and have NEVER considered any order that does not wear a habit.

Is it all about the habit, of course not. But the habit strips away alot of pretense. I was in the army and loved wearing the uniform. It keeps your focus on your purpose.

I don't know how else to explain it any better but ya'll get it anyway.

ForHimAlone

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Jul 9 2005, 05:41 PM']I'm not going to be a cistercian, but they have the best habits in the world!

Society of Jesus? Since when are there Jesuit nuns?
[right][snapback]637604[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I agree!! :D

mariology21

I went with the Carmelites. I love everything about the Carmelites. For awhile there, I actually thought I'd be one of the one's wearing the habit. But alas, God has other plans. Oh well. I still think they're really cool!

~Jen

Marieteresa

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Feb 6 2005, 03:50 AM']I'm still deciding!  I'm between Franciscan and Carmelite...  hmmm...
[right][snapback]514988[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I am right with you hon.....I am torn between Franciscan and Carmelite
~S. Brooks

ForHimAlone

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/singinkat43/OCistLotH.jpg[/img]

Yeah, the Cistercian habit is beautiful!! :hearts:

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Sep 10 2005, 05:14 PM']Yeah they look like giant burnt marshmallows... in a very holy and beautiful way. ^_^
[right][snapback]718464[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol_roll: :lol_roll: Oh goodness, that is hilarious!

The picture of the Cistercians i suppose... didn't show up, i am curious to see these beautiful habits. But somehow i find that the lighter colored habits reflect a dimension of beauty in God that dark habits don't.

I feel stupid for asking, :huh: but spin? is that the new cool slang term. I am quite the square type of person, and find it hard to catch up on such things. :idontknow:

oh well, be patient with my foolishness please.

SHALOM

Edited by MC IMaGiNaZUN

I'm terrible with posting pictures, forgive me. If you wish to view what the habits look like, the Cistercian nuns' website is:

www.nunocist.org

AlterDominicus

[img]http://www.sistersofmary.org/newsletter_articles/may05pic14.jpg[/img]

Front ^ and Side >

[img]http://www.sistersofmary.org/graphics/srseveprayer.jpg[/img]

The Back <

NOW Thats what I call dope spin!

(Fresh page for full quality by right click)

My favorite nun habit would be the Carmelite ones (?), like on [b]Sister Act [/b] (it's a movie, they were Carmelites). The black and white habits, with the white "helmet" top thing. :)

I guess most nuns don't have those types of habits, since they wrap around the neck pretty tightly.

[quote name='Paladin D' date='Sep 11 2005, 12:46 AM']My favorite nun habit would be the Carmelite ones (?), like on [b]Sister Act [/b] (it's a movie, they were Carmelites).  The black and white habits, with the white "helmet" top thing. :)

I guess most nuns don't have those types of habits, since they wrap around the neck pretty tightly.
[right][snapback]718975[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Actually, I think the Sister Act movie portrayed the Carmelite habit wrong. The Carmelites were a brown tunic and scapular with a black veil and a white wimple. The Benedictines are ususally the ones with the black and white as seen in the movie. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.