An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fallen Angels And Demons Are Not The Same?

Paladin D

I've also heard that Fallen Angel and Demons are not the same. Of course this is what Benny Hinn teaches, and uses the Bible to back it up (sorry I don't remember any of the passages he uses). I'm curious to what the Church teaches on this.

I'm almost positive that fallen angels and demons are the same thing. Btu I could be wrong, and if so I hope someone will correct me.

Also, it would be better to study Church teaching before looking to what Benny Hinn says.

I'm probably going to offend someone by saying this, but I hope you will understand my frustration: Benny Hinn is a charlatan, a fraud, and a stumbling block to loving and understanding God. I wish nothing more than for him to exposed as a fraud and live a penitent life seeking the mercy of the God he has worked so hard to distort.

Now: Are fallen angels and demons the same thing? Yes and no:

First, God did not create anything that was evil. Every evil things arises from a corruption of God's creation. The fallen angels are those who rejected God's plan for creation and could not stand to be loved equally with all of His creation. I don't think I presume too much to say that God loves all his Creation equally according to his Will. This means that as he created the universe he gave all of his love to everything he created according to its own merit. He does not love one human more than another, but he does love a human more than a rock. Though he loves both so immesurably that it would be silly for us figure out how much more he loves us than a rock. That said, the fallen angels were the ones who saw the role than humanity played in God's creation and rejected it out of pride. (because we would fall and God would still love us and offer us salvation). Angels are like light switches without matter. They are either on or off but they have no matter, no body, nothing. They can, however, at God's will, take a form (Gabriel, the Angel Tobit wrestles (is that Raphael?) and the serpent). The fallen angels chose to be off, but they only get one shot. God does not send a savior to the angels because they get to see God for who he is in all his glory, we don't so you can say that we get a second shot because until Christ we did not get to see God.

Now, the fallen angels are what we commonly called demons. They tempt us and plague us and seek our destruction. They do this because God allows them to for our perfection. Our only job is to cooperate with God and reject these demons.

However, what we refer to as demons can also be our own fallen and corrupted nature. Because of the effects of sin (choosing against God) our decisions are not always made in the best way possible. We often say someon is struggling with demons of alcohol or lust, etc . . . these may be actual demons, but they are not always. Sometimes it is just our corrupted will believing something that is harmful to actually be of our benefit.

I know this kind of rambles but hopefully someone can clear up the murkiness of my response. Hope this helps!

Don John of Austria

Demons are Fallen Angels, Devils are fallen angels, the Bible even tells us what Choirs that most of them came from. The Principalities, Powers, Thrones and Dominions. It was a lowly Archangel who first stood up for God with the Battle Cry " Who is like to God?".

Benny Hinn is an idiot.