An Old School Catholic Message Board

Topic #1010

ReformationNow

Jake Huether

Hey Jake,

I debated about whether or not I should say this, but I can't stand the song "November Rain," which you listed as one of your favorites.  I found the video extremely depressing for a number of reasons, and so to this day I can't listen to the song without crying.

But as long as you like the song, that's fine as long as I don't have to listen to it!  :P

I know it is pretty sad.

The lyrics are sad too.

I just love the tune!

Man, there's a lot of songs that I love the tune to, but the lyrics just blow holes in it. Take for instance, "What if God was one of us". The tune rocks! But I refuse to listen to it because of the blatantly ignorant lyrics.

November Rain is cool though.

- but I agree about the video. Totally stupid. Like, did he have to jump THROUGH the cake!? And they didn't have to show them frenching when they got married.

How about "Don't you Cry"? That's a good one too!

I think I need to redo my survey . . . I made the choices off the top of my head and didn't really think about my choices first. So here's my new survey . . .

Favorite Rock song: "Love In An Elevator" by Aerosmith, "I Hate Myself For Loving You" by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts, "When It's Over" by Sugar Ray, "Falls Apart" by Sugar Ray, "Semi-Charmed Life" by Third Eye Blind, and "Never Let You Go" by Third Eye Blind

Favorite Country Song: "Meet In The Middle" by Diamond Rio, "The Way That I Am" by Martina McBride, "Every Little Thing" by Carlene Carter, "Kick A Little" by Little Texas, "Wink" by Neal McCoy, "Seven Year Ache" by Rosanne Cash, "The Closer You Get" by Alabama, and "Don't Come Home A-Drinkin'" by Loretta Lynn

Favorite Pop song: "Love At First Sight" by Kylie Minogue and "Why Can't I" by Liz Phair, and many others from the 80s and 90s

Favorite Oldies song: "Come Go With Me" by The Dell-Vikings, "Blue Moon" by The Marcels, "Wishin' and Hopin'" by Dusty Springfield, "Shake, Rattle and Roll" by Bill Haley and His Comets, "Dancing In The Streets" by Martha and the Vandellas, "Double Shot Of My Baby's Love" by The Swinging Medallions, and "These Eyes" by The Guess Who

Favorite Soundtrack: "Saturday Night Fever"

Favorite Christmas Song: "O Come All Ye Faithful"

Favorite Christian song: "Just Between You And Me" by DC Talk

Favorite Rap song: "Boom! Shake The Room" by Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince, "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot (a cool song despite what it's about), "O.P.P." by Naughty By Nature (again, a cool song despite the subject matter -- for a long time I didn't even know what it was about -- I didn't even know the words except the chorus), and "Jump Around" by House Of Pain

Favorite Rock song: Dance Song 97 -Sleater Kinney

Favorite Country Song: Desperado - The Eagles

Favorite Pop song: Happy Sad - The Happies

Favorite Oldies song: Hey Jude- Beatles

Favorite Soundtrack: My Fair Lady

Favorite Christmas Song:Silent Night

Favorite Christian song: Jesus Don't want me for a sunbeam -as performed by Nirvana

Favorite Rap song: Sabatage - beastie boys

Wrong! It's Guns 'n' Roses.

Nope. It's Kenny Rogers.

You want to know something sad?

On the way home from work, I went *DOH! I said Sweet Child of Mine was by Aerosmith!*

Ok so I had a major brain fluffy air extraction. I know Sweet Child of mine is Guns N Roses, you can't miss the Axel in the song.

What I MEANT, was: my favorite rock song is Sweet Child of Mine by Guns N Roses AND anything by Aerosmith (they are my favorite band)

and I really couldn't remember which Kenny sung with Dolly. Thanks.

I have these brain fluffy air extractions all the time, that's why I'm so happy (see my signature).