An Old School Catholic Message Board

Canadian Priests Are Preparing For Jail

cmotherofpirl

GF I am sorry to see you are going through a "non-Catholic" phase and that you assume you will be non-Catholic forever soon. The Gospel is not easily rejected. Are you sure you're ready for the Hound of Heaven? I will pray for you.
I have not rejected the Gospel.

Are you defending Homosexuals will over that of Gods? However unruly these people are (as long as it does not turn to violence), they most likely feel they are defending gods will over homosexuality.

First of all, I don't believe the verses you quoted are God's will. The verse from Leviticus is null and void. If we're going to take that verse from Leviticus, we're going to take them all, so I suggest that every woman in the world start sacrificing a dove during her menstrual period. As for the later verses from the New Testament, we know more now than Paul knew when he wrote those verses. For instance, we now know that homosexuality is not just another sin that people willfully commit, we know that it is brought on by psychological, environmental, and possibly biological conditions. Paul didn't know that.

The Bible says that the world was created in seven days. We now know otherwise. Are we, then, to continue believing that it was created in seven days, or are we to move on and realize that the Bible was reflecting the uninformed customs and traditions of the time? The Catholic Church has said that we are to realize that the Bible was reflecting the uninformed customs and decisions of the time when they pertain to the creation of the world. Why, then, are we not also to realize that the Bible was reflecting the uninformed customs and traditions of the time when it comes to homosexuality?

So you're saying that the Apostle Paul, and in fact scripture itself, was not written under divine inspiration from God?

AS Good Friday says he is in his "un-catholic" phase.

So they are gonna start treating us like the old Pagan romans treated the first Catholics huh? Yeah well I will fight for truth to death, and the Lord my God will battle for me.

ReformationNow

So they are gonna start treating us like the old Pagan romans treated the first Catholics huh? Yeah well I will fight for truth to death, and the Lord my God will battle for me.

Don't forget, there's gonna be Protestants in there too. We ALL need to pray for and encourage eachother. We are family.

So you're saying that the Apostle Paul, and in fact scripture itself, was not written under divine inspiration from God?
AS Good Friday says he is in his "un-catholic" phase.

I did not say that scripture is not inspired anymore than the Catholic Church says that scripture is not inspired. But the Catholic Church has acknowledged that the creation story is not to be taken literally, because the people who wrote it didn't know what we know now. I see no reason why this same reasoning shouldn't be applied to homosexuality, since the person who wrote it (Paul) didn't know what we know now.

The Church teaches that scripture is divinely inspired, it is not divinely dictated. The Muslims claim that St. Gabriel the Archangel dictated the Qur'an to them, but Christians make no such claim about the Bible. Rather than being dictated by God, it was written by men under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The men who wrote the Bible didn't know what we know about how the world and mankind came about, nor did they know what we know about homosexuality.

I don't believe the Bible is inspired, no. But even if I did, I could still believe that the verses written by Paul regarding homosexuality do not apply to all times and places.

I have not rejected the Gospel.

As for the later verses from the New Testament, we know more now than Paul knew when he wrote those verses.  For instance, we now know that homosexuality is not just another sin that people willfully commit, we know that it is brought on by psychological, environmental, and possibly biological conditions.  Paul didn't know that.

Why, then, are we not also to realize that the Bible was reflecting the uninformed customs and traditions of the time when it comes to homosexuality?

You have rejected new testament scripture. Am I the only one who believes this scripture to be inspired scripture? I understand your position on it but in my heart they are excuses for full acceptance.

You have rejected new testament scripture. Am I the only one who believes this scripture to be inspired scripture? I understand your position on it but in my heart they are excuses for full acceptance.

And I should care what you think because... ?

And I should care what you think because... ?

Look Friday, Im sorry to come off like a bigot or something. Im not trying to get your goat. I have gay family and believe me I dont try to preach to them. I let them know I love them and they are in my prayers. I do tell them jesus's church wants them to come back home. And I pray for the day that they decide to remain chaste and do come back. You mention the muslim book and other stuff about inspirational writings, well it probably is my opinion but theres only one bible. So thats why I quote from and remain faithful to it. Peace be with you always.

Look Friday, Im sorry to come off like a bigot or something. Im not trying to get your goat. I have gay family and believe me I dont try to preach to them. I let them know I love them and they are in my prayers. I do tell them jesus's church wants them to come back home. And I pray for the day that they decide to remain chaste and do come back. You mention the muslim book and other stuff about inspirational writings, well it probably is my opinion but theres only one bible. So thats why I quote from and remain faithful to it. Peace be with you always.

And that's fine for you. But don't expect other people to give up their whole lives (something you don't have to give up) for texts written 2,000 years ago by men who didn't know what they were talking about. I would be fine and dandy with y'all having your religion, what I'm not fine with is your insistence on forcing it on others.

And that's fine for you.  But don't expect other people to give up their whole lives (something you don't have to give up) for texts written 2,000 years ago by men who didn't know what they were talking about.  I would be fine and dandy with y'all having your religion, what I'm not fine with is your insistence on forcing it on others.

This is the debate table.

:( good friday

when i found out about u and hyper when i came to this board, i was overjoyed to meet some cool ppl with SSA who were fightin it! i was like wow, these ppl are REALLY strong in their faith, that's gotta be a really tough thing to do. I mean, i know if i had to fight opposite sex attraction (hehe) to follow the will of God, it'd be really hard. In fact, as i discern more and more about my vocation, that might be something i will have to combat (OSA lol) and yeah, that's a tough thing to give up

i can understand why u have fallen. it is really tough when the world around u tells u it's alright to give in, and your very being finds itself attracted to something that your soul wants so much to avoid. i will pray for you. please, even if u cannot stay the course against your same sex attraction, do not leave the Church. we love u and would mourn your loss.

pray. pray. pray. and at all costs, do not drop your faith over this snare of the devil.

i remember u said Michael was ur confirmation name.

St Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May GOD rebuke him!, we humbly pray. And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Let them not drag your servant away from your Church by the temptation of same sex attraction.

St michael, be with us on this great day of battle.

Such legislation would never pass the US Congress. At least not for the next 20- 30 years. Several states have pased such laws, but I don't think they would be a problem. Those laws usually exempt religeous instituions.

I think the key to changing hearts does *Not* lie in harassing people who we disaprove of by holding ups igns saying that god hates them or that god didn't make adam and steve. In most cases those are not catholics. So to that extent that shouldn't effect us from actively expresng our views in a manner which would have a chance of influnincing people.

As someone mentioned, we are not called to hate people who have tendancies towards same sex attraction. We are called to live a chaste life free of sin. A mortal sin is a mortal sin.

But don't expect other people to give up their whole lives (something you don't have to give up) for texts written 2,000 years ago

I dont know about you GF or others but I have given up my whole life to follow something that was written 2000 years ago buy ppl who "dont know what they are talking about"

Dont assume that we havent given up our sins and taken up our own crosses.

Just because you are gay doesnt mean carp. You take up your cross whatever it maybe just like everyone else has to.

In fact, as i discern more and more about my vocation, that might be something i will have to combat (OSA lol) and yeah, that's a tough thing to give up