An Old School Catholic Message Board

Return Of The King Trailer!

Kilroy the Ninja

When the first one came out, I was EXTREMELY peeved at Arwens role so early in the movie, (she doesn't save him in the book, he rides by himself with Ringraiths on his tail) and Elrond saves him with the flood. I was also peeved with other things but you know what? This movie is amesome. What do you mean by blasphemy? :huh:

When the first one came out, I was EXTREMELY peeved at Arwens role so early in the movie, (she doesn't save him in the book, he rides by himself with Ringraiths on his tail) and Elrond saves him with the flood. I was also peeved with other things but you know what? This movie is amesome. What do you mean by blasphemy? :huh:

Well not having seen the movie yet it would be impossible to list them all, but the one from the trailer that has me really peeved is the sword thing. Narsil was made whole again for Aragorn before they even left Rivendell. It was never repaired after they departed and then delievered to him by Arwen in the third book. It's just blasphemy. I'm sure it wont be the only thing.

Edited by mp15

Definitely, they gave it to him as his gift b/4 they left. Also, Sam's "a bit of earth". How are they going to go back and show the audience that Galandriel gave it to him as a gift, and he uses it to fix the Shire after the "Scourging"? Also with Boromir, they should have found him (his kinsmen) at the river, remember that? Or when Shelob was SUPPOSED to be in the TWO TOWERS NOT in the third one!

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :angry:

okay, I've calmed down. <_<

I can't wait to see this movie!!!!!! :blink:

Edited by jmjtina

ya know the thing with Arwen in the movie is just to get more of the "romance" in it. She came out in book2 (barely, if you can count 13 or more pages about her in almost 2000 pages of all three books) and just to get more audience. It's Hollywood. <_<

But I'm over that anger. I forgave PJ along time ago! :P

I can't wait for LOTR: Return of the King.

Your right, I can't wait either, even with all the changes. Still has me wondering though, why did he feel the need to do it? The Story would have stood just fine on it's own.

Edited by mp15

I know, I know, and why make the movie only 3 hours and cut off some of the most HALIROUS conversations of Merry and Pippin, (the seeing stone) as well as countless others.

I could have sat there 5 hours, as I'm sure Cmom and Ice would have too! :D

I'll give him credit for making the movie though, I would NEVER have been able to decide what to get rid of! :)

Kilroy the Ninja

There is no way they could have made a movie (or several movies) that were absolutely true to the books... they were lucky to get three as it was. They had to condense the story into three (fairly long) movies, so of course some things get cut or altered.

I think they did an admirable job at getting Tolkien's basic story out there. These movies are amesome (particularly in their uncut natural state) and they shall stand on their own merits as rich cinematic history.

It's a good time to be alive.

:ph34r:

Well not having seen the movie yet it would be impossible to list them all, but the one from the trailer that has me really peeved is the sword thing. Narsil was made whole again for Aragorn before they even left Rivendell. It was never repaired after they departed and then delievered to him by Arwen in the third book. It's just blasphemy. I'm sure it wont be the only thing.

MP, that was my first thought when watching the trailer. I was hoping that the sword delivery scene would be a flashback, but I'm afraid that it won't be.

Otherwise it looks amesome! Eowyn is my total favorite!

The Mumakil and Shelob look great.

I also hope the scene with Galadriel is a dream Frodo has when he's out of it.

cmotherofpirl

It's a good time to be alive.

Yep .

Between LOTR, the Luminous mysteries, and Theology of the Body,

its amesome.!!!!!!

IcePrincessKRS

I know, I know, and why make the movie only 3 hours and cut off some of the most HALIROUS conversations of Merry and Pippin, (the seeing stone) as well as countless others.

I could have sat there 5 hours, as I'm sure Cmom and Ice would have too!  :D

I'll give him credit for making the movie though, I would NEVER have been able to decide what to get rid of!  :)

Agreeing with you on this one Tina! I wish they could have been totally true to the books, but like Kilroy said, its just not practical. We'll just have to be happy with 3 great movies and the 3 great books. ;)

The scene with Pippin and the Palantir will be at the front end of the next movie.

And the reason to get the extended versions of the movies is to see all the witty banter between Merry, Pippin and Treebeard that was cut from the movie!

The Fellowship Extended Version was wonderful, I thought it added just enough needed details to be a very well-rounded adaptation. I am hoping the same will happen with the Two Towers Extended Version.