An Old School Catholic Message Board

For Our Friendly, Neighborhood Pagan

ReformationNow

ReformationNow

This one's just for you Raven, I'm curious as to some of your beliefs and such.

What gods/goddesses do you follow?

Why did you choose Wicca?

I believe that you stated somewhere that you are still in High School. If so, how did you become a Wiccan? Since I know that they are generally reluctant to initiate those under 18.

I'm sure that more will come to me later, but these will suffice for now. Have a nice day!

yes, i am also interested in learning more about thee

hmmm i seem to have a wierd new thing using thee instead of you... wonder why

I blame the Spanish!

a

nyway, yeah, why are u a crazy wiccan? :P

Ya'll just remember to be nice to my Raven or the velvet hammer shall fall upon ye head.

She may be just showing up on the new phorum, but she's been around the block.

Now that I got her back, I don't want her to leave. Not that she scares easily. LOL

i just called her a crazy pagan! :rolleyes:

i wouldn't mind if anyone called me a crazy Christian,,, in fact, i am a CRAZY CHRISTIAN! B)

Alrighty.....

What gods/goddesses do you follow?

I found my Matron Goddess to be Artemis and my Patron God to be Apollo, I won't bother to write about what they are like, because I'm sure you've probably heard of both

Why did you choose Wicca?

I choose Wicca because it's were I finally found a place I belong, something I beleived in and knowladge that hit home. I can't really say I myself choose Wicca, it was more subconcouis, more like being found actually.

I believe that you stated somewhere that you are still in High School. If so, how did you become a Wiccan? Since I know that they are generally reluctant to initiate those under 18.

For me it was more or less like Accepting Jesus into your life to become Christian, I've not been batised Wiccan, more or less a spiritual cleansing and accpeting and keeping this path as my own....

So that's all that you asked, feel free to ask more ^_^

ReformationNow

Artemis- goddess of the wilderness, fertility, and the hunt. Twin sister of Apollo. Used a silver bow.

Apollo- god of light, music. Twin brother of Artemis. Used a curved bow.

Interesting choices, why those two? I myself was always drawn to the dark gods and goddesses when I was dabbling with paganism. Although I suppose it could be argued that Artemis and Apollo were just as evil as any of the dark gods or goddesses.

Anyhoo, I need to go to bed. It's late.

Jake Huether

I found my Matron Goddess to be Artemis...

That's too weird! I just finished reading Acts Ch. 19 in the Bible (for the second time - but this time I actually consiously made a note about this goddess)!

The Riot in Ephesus

23 About that time there arose a great disturbance about the Way.

24 A silversmith named Demetrius, who made silver shrines of Artemis, brought in no little business for the craftsmen.

25 He called them together, along with the workmen in related trades, and said: Men, you know we receive a good income from this business.

26 And you see and hear how this fellow Paul has convinced and led astray large numbers of people here in Ephesus and in practically the whole province of Asia. He says that man-made gods are no gods at all.

27 There is danger not only that our trade will lose its good name, but also that the temple of the great goddess Artemis will be discredited, and the goddess herself, who is worshipped throughout the province of Asia and the world, will be robbed of her divine majesty.

28 When they heard this, they were furious and began shouting: Great is Artemis of the Ephesians!

29 Soon the whole city was in an uproar. The people seized Gaius and Aristarchus, Paul's travelling companions from Macedonia, and rushed as one man into the theatre.

30 Paul wanted to appear before the crowd, but the disciples would not let him.

31 Even some of the officials of the province, friends of Paul, sent him a message begging him not to venture into the theatre.

32 The assembly was in confusion: Some were shouting one thing, some another. Most of the people did not even know why they were there.

33 The Jews pushed Alexander to the front, and some of the crowd shouted instructions to him. He motioned for silence in order to make a defence before the people.

34 But when they realised he was a Jew, they all shouted in unison for about two hours: Great is Artemis of the Ephesians!

35 The city clerk quietened the crowd and said: Men of Ephesus, doesn't all the world know that the city of Ephesus is the guardian of the temple of the great Artemis and of her image, which fell from heaven?

36 Therefore, since these facts are undeniable, you ought to be quiet and not do anything rash.

37 You have brought these men here, though they have neither robbed temples nor blasphemed our goddess.

38 If, then, Demetrius and his fellow craftsmen have a grievance against anybody, the courts are open and there are proconsuls. They can press charges.

39 If there is anything further you want to bring up, it must be settled in a legal assembly.

40 As it is, we are in danger of being charged with rioting because of today's events. In that case we would not be able to account for this commotion, since there is no reason for it.

41 After he had said this, he dismissed the assembly.

Interesting choices, why those two? I myself was always drawn to the dark gods and goddesses when I was dabbling with paganism. Although I suppose it could be argued that Artemis and Apollo were just as evil as any of the dark gods or goddesses.

Once again, I wouldhave to answer by saying, I didn't really choose them, more or less they chose me, like being found. At first I was pretty sure I'd be taking on Loki as my patron god, but it didn't seem quite right, and later I found Apollo. I metitated on the two, and it just seemed right, it made sense, made me feel more complete.

As for the dark gods and goddesses, most people who dabble feel as though they are supposed to. It actually kind of pains me that alot of people look into is as a way of rebelion, or possibly just an alternet lifestyle. Most people who run around and claim to be witches and name the gods and goddess associated with "darkness" and claim to use spells and curses and hexes and what not, are nothing more then dabblers... expecially if they claim to be pagan as well. It's my expirence that it's incredibly easy to find "witches" but rather hard to find Pagans and Wiccans....

hehehe, have fun, sis! I'm here if you need me.

And Artemis was actually said to have used a bow of pure gold. *shrugs* I guess it depends, although silver does make more sense. I hate how things can get mixed up like that

Edited by Clover

Raven,

just curious, did you choose (or do you think you were chosen by as you put it) Artemis AND Apollo because they are twins? Do you pray to other gods/goddesses as well as your two patrons? what's your opinion of the Christian God/Jesus/Holy Spirit?

Sorry if my questions seem odd or intrusive, I love learning about what others believe.

Peace and God Bless,

Willguy

ReformationNow

Once again, I wouldhave to answer by saying, I didn't really choose them, more or less they chose me, like being found.  At first I was pretty sure I'd be taking on Loki as my patron god, but it didn't seem quite right, and later I found Apollo.  I metitated on the two, and it just seemed right, it made sense, made me feel more complete. 

As for the dark gods and goddesses, most people who dabble feel as though they are supposed to.  It actually kind of pains me that alot of people look into is as a way of rebelion, or possibly just an alternet lifestyle.  Most people who run around and claim to be witches and name the gods and goddess associated with "darkness" and claim to use spells and curses and hexes and what not, are nothing more then dabblers... expecially if they claim to be pagan as well.  It's my expirence that it's incredibly easy to find "witches" but rather hard to find Pagans and Wiccans....

Actually, Dark or Gothic Paganism is on the rise. Here's a couple links:

http://www.waningmoon.com/darkpagan/lib/lib0022.shtml

http://www.waningmoon.com/darkpagan/lib/lib0026.shtml

http://www.darkness.com/archive/354.php

By no means does this mean that I am endorsing any form of paganism, lol.

Did you explore other forms of religion before deciding on Wicca?

Answering in between getting mobbed by a puppy ^_^

just curious, did you choose (or do you think you were chosen by as you put it) Artemis AND Apollo because they are twins?

They fill the aspects of day and night which is was attracted us to eachother the most, I beleive... I didn't find until after they'd become my mother and father gods that they were twins

Do you pray to other gods/goddesses as well as your two patrons?

Yes... Bast, or Bastet who is the Egyption goddess of cats was almost my Matron, so I hold her very close,and Athena has always been close in mind as well, though Apollo is the only god I find myself atracted to.

what's your opinion of the Christian God/Jesus/Holy Spirit?

I honestly beleive they every religion prays to the same sorce of light, we just perceive it as different faces, so I can't really say I have a set opinion about your deities because I believe when it boils down to it, it's the same as mine, just with a different face.

Did you explore other forms of religion before deciding on Wicca?

Yes... I was raised Mormon, then felt I should be Christian which only lasted about 2 months before I realized I felt hollow, then began to feel like a bad Christian, and found Wicca in a very round about way. For a while I considered Druidism, but in the end Wicca was felt my heart most.

And the puppy continues to rush the keyboard o.O

What are the differnces between Druidism and Wicca and Paganism?

okay... Whichout dragging evidence and facts into, more or less my understanidng. Paganism is like saying Chrisitanity... Wiccans and Druids and Shamans are all part of the Pagan religion, just as Jews and Mormons and Catholics are all Christian. There is an actual Pagan religion, but I've always seen it as very vague on it's foundation. Wicca is basically a more direct version of Paganism, with a more stable foundation and whatnot. Then Druidism is basically an all Nature worshiping, rune stone divination... things that are generally nature based.