An Old School Catholic Message Board

Assisted Suicide (content Warning)

Guest jrob8503

Guest jrob8503

City Says No To 'Suicide Show', But Band Says Yes - Sep. 25, 2003

Florida shock-rockers HELL ON EARTH have vowed to go ahead with their plans to stage a live suicide during a concert in the city of St. Petersburg next month.

Despite the fact that the city officials, in cooperation with the Florida Governors Office, have "strong-armed" venues into canceling their previously announced performance at State Theater on October 4, bandleader Billy Tourtelot has announced that the show will inDouche take place at an undisclosed location within St. Petersburg city limits. The concert, which will include a live suicide by a terminally ill Euthanasia Society member, will be broadcast live over the Internet on (Edited by dUSt).

Commented the singer, "This show is far more than a typical HELL ON EARTH performance — this is about standing up for what you believe in and I am a strong supporter of physician-assisted suicide. This performance will go on in its entirety and it will [take place] in St. Petersburg on October 4th."

The Tampa group said last week on their web site that a terminally ill member of a right-to-die group planned to commit suicide on stage in a political statement about euthanasia. St. Petersburg police, unable to do anything before the performance, had planned to have officers in the audience if a suicide was attempted.

Past band performances have included sodomizing skinned calves and blending dead rats then having fans drink the concoction.

Can you believe it's become this bad? What's worse is someone actually supported this on the forum I found the article? They weren't kidding either.

What's next, abortions and executions as part of a Sigfred and Roy magic show?

Edited by dUSt

BlondewithaBrain

WOW..your post if pretty disturbing!! Yikes, it's scary what society has come to .. I never thought people would pay to hear bad music and see a live suicide..my question is what kind of venue would support this?? :unsure:

I heard this on the radio the other day. This makes me sad. Who would even want to watch someone kill themselves...much less...the other things they did.

Guest jrob8503

My apologies for leaving the band's web address in. It didn't occur to me at the time.

Edited by jrob8503

ThereseFlower

This makes me very sad. :(

I can understand standing up for what you believe in. But why would anyone want to die on stage? Is it supposed to be glorious or something?

I can't imagine any venue allowing something like this to happen. <_<

Let's pray for the terminally-ill person that they find a better way to deal with their affliction.

peace,

~TF~

I saw this somewhere else on the phorum, and I said, "And I thought Ozzy Osbourne biting the heads off bats was bad!" I think the stuff this band is doing makes Osbourne's antics look tame!

Only one answer to something that sick....

Pray, Pray, Pray!

And pray especailly for the man comitting suicide. May God have mercy on his soul. May God reach his heart and change his mind. Talk about the furthest thing from dying in a state of grace. Horrible.

May God have mercy on our souls.

I hope someone finds out where they are and stops this.