An Old School Catholic Message Board

Colledge

Aloysius

do you think if i apply to a Catholic colledge i should put PhatMass on my resume?

i think i'm gonna

i wanna apply to Fransican University of Steubenville

although some ppl around here (particularly some nuns (sp? wow, i don't know how to spell nuns, i dont wanna say nouns cause that's just a person place or thing quality or idea) to avoid confusion, some sisters!

well, the sisters around here tend to be a bit liberal, but they seem to be concerned with 'cultish' activity from franciscan, any1 know anything about strange happenings there? i went there and it was amesome! Blessed Sacrement Chapels and a nature trail stations of the Cross!

My sister and her (now) husband went there, and had only wonderful things to say about it. I know it is quite serious about being faithful to the Church Magesterium (is that how you spell it? I don't know) so maybe that is why the flack.

Phatmass.com is one of the coolest web sites ever - if I could brag about it in any forum (phorum? :P ) I would!

My sister and her (now) husband went there, and had only wonderful things to say about it.  I know it is quite serious about being faithful to the Church Magesterium (is that how you spell it?  I don't know) so maybe that is why the flack.

For most heterodox "Catholics," orthodoxy is a huge turn-off because it's a blow to their consciences. So they do all they can to make anything orthodox look bad.

And BTW, it's spelled Magisterium.

cmotherofpirl

Steubenville is a Catholic College faithful to the Holy Father and the Catholic Church. The teachers there have ALL signed a document plegding this fact.

I can see why the nuns would be worried.

Most of them caanot say the same.

ure right there CMOM! we're both in the Pittsburgh Diocese right?

anyway, the thing they described to my friend was that they got a group of ppl from there. and apparently they were supposed to refer to a person in their group who was not a priest as "Father" or something, and like groups of women have a fellow student they have to address as "Mother"

i donno, it seems wierd and im not exactly sure wat they were talking about. and now that i think of it, i just came up with a theory to explain it. maybe it was a project to see what it would be like to live in a community. i betchya that's what it was! the sister prolly just didn't understand.

littleflower+JMJ

wow i wish i could go to stubie...

:(:(:(:(

taht is like the most awesomest (do'nt even start with my grammer!!) school ever!!!

i would go there if i had a chance too.....its the one college i CAN trust to teach me and promise to stay true to the Church teachings...

not to mention Scott Hahn would be your teacher for theology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just too darn expensive for my pocketbook.....:(:(

good luck though i hope you get in! its worth every penny!!

Jason Evert also went there and got his theo degree!!

Yes, scott hahn is still at Stubenville. There isn't anything strange going on at stubenville. Well, except for my roomates younger brother. That kid's all sorts of weird. It is very faithfull to the church's teachings. I decided not to got there, but that was because they didn't offer my major. But many of my good friends did, and they absolutely loved it. As great as it is I would recomend any one who is considering attending stuebenville to decide on a career path before signing up. They produce good teachers, and Youth ministers, but in my opinion, I wouldn't go there for anything else. I mean, would Would you go to Milwakee school of engineering to become an accountant?

College/University lecturers are always interested in what 'makes young people tick' and why they want to apply to their College or course, so anything that can make your application stand out from the rest is a good idea. PhatMass will certainly help do that and give you something different to talk about at interview!

Wise advice from nottbilln too. The reputation of courses from different Universities is often well known within the professional field of the course and can influence people's job opportunities later.