An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pastor Ed Rice.... Another Email To Me.

ironmonk

Here is an email that I received from a concerned Baptist Pastor... and my reply :)

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 9:26 PM

To: irishmax@tampabay.rr.com

Subject: Nuns

I wish you would read Charollets testimony.

I wish every Roman Catholic would.

Pastor Ed Rice, Good Samaritan Baptist Church, Dresden NY

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/charlot1.htm

Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 12:24 AM

To: 'Ed Rice'

Subject: RE: Nuns

Dear Ed,

Do you love Christ? If you love Christ, you will love the truth. I love Christ, so does every Catholic. It's a requirement to love Christ if someone is Catholic. If I wanted to learn about Baptist teachings, I'm going to ask a Baptist, not someone who hates Baptists. I ask that if you really want to know what the Catholic teachings are, you need to ask knowledgeable Catholics. You have the title pastor, since you are a pastor, you have an obligation to weed out lies and seek the truth… If you want to know what the Catholic teachings are, you have an obligation to ask Catholics, not people who hate Catholics.

I could make this a very long reply, but I will try to keep this short by sticking to her second paragraph. I would like to continue our dialog, for the sake of truth and the Love of Christ. There are many misconceptions about the Catholic faith and I pray to Christ that you find what the Church really teaches.

Charlotte is a liar. The second paragraph is as far as I had to go to see her lies. I really wish every non-Catholic Christian would ask the Catholic Church what the Church teaches and why, instead of listening to hate mongers.

Here is the second paragraph:

"First of all, as we slip into this testimony, having been born in Roman Catholicism, not knowing anything else, not knowing the word of God because we didn’t have a Bible in our home, we had never heard anything about this wonderful plan of salvation. And so, naturally, I grew up in that Roman Catholic home as a child, knowing only the catechism, knowing only the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church. And, because I loved the Lord, and because I wanted to do something for Him, I wanted to give Him my life. I didn’t know of any other way for a Roman Catholic girl to give her life to God other than entering a convent, and to going to the confessional box where, naturally, I’m under the influence of my father-confessor, the Roman Catholic priest, his influence over my life."

Anyone who is Catholic will know immediately that she is a liar because of this paragraph. Every Catholic has a bible in their home, normally multiple bibles. I have yet to meet a Catholic that does not have a bible in their home. I have been Catholic all of my life. She states that she never heard of salvation, the whole basis of the Catholic teaching is that Christ is the way to salvation. If she grew up in a Catholic home as a child, she would know the bible. The majority of every Mass is Scripture readings. There is also singing to the Lord and prayer to the Lord. If you have ever been to a Mass, you would know this. The Catechism is not read at Mass. Every day the Catholic Church worships Christ in the Mass. If someone would go to Mass everyday for three years, they would have heard the entire bible read. If you want to see an example of what is read at the Mass, please go to: http://www.usccb.org/nab/today.htm That is the teachings that are taught at every Mass for a given day, all over the world. This woman is lying, she is playing on people's ignorance and hate, just like Hitler did. This woman is not Christian, if she was, she would not lie like that. It is obvious she has no fear of the Lord with such slanderous lies about the Catholic Church.

If you like, and if you would read it, I will be more than happy to produce the errors that she writes about the Faith. She has a long page, so it will take about 10-20 times more space to clarify for you.

I invite you to visit my website and join my message board, where you can learn what the Church really teaches.

Also, there is another message board with many other knowledgeable Catholics, and some non-Catholic friends (Baptists, Presbyterian, etc…) that is http://www.PhatMass.com/Phorum/

God Bless, Love in Christ,

Max

Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 12:29 AM

Subject: FW: Nuns

Dear Ed,

I forgot to add, I will post this on the Catholic message board that I mentioned in my reply… I want other Catholics to read it as well. Please be sure to come to our board to ask for thoughts on it… http://www.PhatMass.com/phorum/

God Bless, Your Servant in Christ,

Max

Unfortunately there are way to many people who think like this. Someone came to me one time and said they were no longer catholic because they had found Jesus Christ. I simply said then you were never really "catholic".

P.S. I have to add after reading the rest, this is a very digusting and insulting low Blow. Its an outrage that this type of propaganda exist. :angry:

Edited by foundsheep

Jake Huether

Hey Max, I thought if you attend Sunday mass alone for 3 years you would heave the entire Bible, and if you attend daily mass it'd take 1 year (or am I wrong).

Also,

I didn't necessarily think she was lying. She might have been lied to. There probably are MANY Catholics with no bible in their house (unfortunatly). In reality, they are not really "Catholic", but they do call themselves so.

Therefore, I might not have gone so far as to say that she was intentionally lying. More along the lines of she was propagating a lie that she might have been told.

In either case, your point was very clear. This "pastor" needs to be informed of what real Catholics believe and are taught.

Thanks!

Ironmonk,

God has granted you patience with obstinance that I certanily don't have! :P Maybe my sanity defense system is an accute sense of humor instead of deep patience. I started laughing when I read that 'all she had was the Catechism'. If only more Catholics had the Catechism! I laughed so hard I did a Stewart ("I think a peed a little!"). :o

Thanks. :rolleyes:

I've heard of these before. There's a site online that actually did research to find that these women, who claimed to be nuns, never were in any order (some of them never even existed). Wish I had bookmarked the site.

Peace and God Bless,

Willguy

Ironmonk,

God has granted you patience with obstinance that I certanily don't have! :P  Maybe my sanity defense system is an accute sense of humor instead of deep patience.  I started laughing when I read that 'all she had was the Catechism'.   If only more Catholics had the Catechism!  I laughed so hard I did a Stewart ("I think a peed a little!").  :o

Thanks.  :rolleyes:

I don't think she was ever Catholic - saying that she only had the Catechism and did not know Christ... I could have went on and on about the errors... but I've been in dialogs with this guy before, even sent him a disk of the Early Church Fathers... I guess he doesn't even read what I write to him.

I haven't got a reply yet, but I hope I will get one.

I ended up dialoging with this guy because he was a pastor that signed Ian Paisley's guestbook... of which I emailed about 900 of them. The guy thinks Ian Paisley is a good honest man.

Jake,

I know what you mean, but I have to say she is a liar, there are contradicting statements. I think she was never Catholic and she thinks that the Catholic Church is the devil... so she feels that the end justifies the means. If she had the Catechism she would know Christ. I still say she's a liar because of that fact. Saying she "had the Catechism" is saying that is all she was taught and/or read. The Catechism is based on Christ, the Catechism states that Christ is why we are saved... there is a very large section about Salvation in the Catechism... etc...

Your Servant in Christ,

ironmonk

Jake Huether

I don't think she was ever Catholic - saying that she only had the Catechism and did not know Christ... I could have went on and on about the errors... but I've been in dialogs with this guy before, even sent him a disk of the Early Church Fathers... I guess he doesn't even read what I write to him.

I haven't got a reply yet, but I hope I will get one.

I ended up dialoging with this guy because he was a pastor that signed Ian Paisley's guestbook... of which I emailed about 900 of them. The guy thinks Ian Paisley is a good honest man.

Jake,

I know what you mean, but I have to say she is a liar, there are contradicting statements. I think she was never Catholic and she thinks that the Catholic Church is the devil... so she feels that the end justifies the means. If she had the Catechism she would know Christ. I still say she's a liar because of that fact. Saying she "had the Catechism" is saying that is all she was taught and/or read. The Catechism is based on Christ, the Catechism states that Christ is why we are saved... there is a very large section about Salvation in the Catechism... etc...

Your Servant in Christ,

ironmonk

True, very true. I found that kinda hard to believe also.

I guess I'm more of the, "benefit of the doubt" type person. But then again, after dealing with these people day in day out, you become more able to descern the real ignorant, and the "canned" ignorance.

I think it was Ayed (forgive me if I'm wrong) who posted a link to a bunch of christians who had converted to Islam. I got the same feeling you have: namely, they were lying.

Now, I have known muslims that believe that the ends do justify the means. i.e. 'by any means necessary' is what they told me that they believed because they were muslim... they used this to justify selling crack and coke to support their family.

I'm not saying all muslims are like that; but from my understanding "by any means necessary" is a teaching of Islam... so to convert Christians to Islam by lies is totally justifiable in the muslim's eyes.

God Bless,

ironmonk

CatholicAndFanatical

Hey IronMonk have you heard from this 'Pastor' yet? I highly doubt he would ever come here to learn the truth, but he might actually be sincere in his quest for Truth and show up..I pray he does so that his misconceptions will be lifted.

I was going to email the webmaster on that site and complain about the filthy lies he posts on his site, couldnt find an email to that supposide 'nun' or I would email her.

Great post though, how did this guy email you?? I need to have some pastors email me so i can show them the truth too..great opportunity..:D

CatholicAndFanatical

Hey IronMonk have you heard from this 'Pastor' yet? I highly doubt he would ever come here to learn the truth, but he might actually be sincere in his quest for Truth and show up..I pray he does so that his misconceptions will be lifted.

I was going to email the webmaster on that site and complain about the filthy lies he posts on his site, couldnt find an email to that supposide 'nun' or I would email her.

Great post though, how did this guy email  you?? I need to have some pastors email me so i can show them the truth too..great opportunity..:D

CatholicAndFanatical

Still no reply...

God Bless,

ironmonk

Good honest man my aunt Paty. That guy's site is as bad as Jack Schick. It would be humourous the lies that they can come up with if it wasn't so heart-aching.

Peace and God Bless,

Willguy

He replied!!!!

Here it is, along with my reply to him....

-----Original Message-----From: Ed Rice [mailto:edrice4@linkny.com]

Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 9:06 PM

To: irishmax@tampabay.rr.com

Subject: Re: Nuns

Your right some one is hiding from the truth. Your wrong it is not this Baptist Preacher.

You continue to deny what Catholics say and pretend they have access to the truth.

I understand why you did not even want to read the testimony of a nun. I know lots of Catholics who bury their head in the sand. I will keep sending you some truths and praying for your conversion to Christ.

Pastor Rice

Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 11:22 PM

Dear Ed,

Thank you for your reply. I am grateful that you find the time to reply to my emails.

Here is the link to the US Conference of Catholic Bishops.

Please go to it and show me with links to the pages where the lies are.

On the main page, you will find a link to the Bible and to the Catechism.

If you would would like me to provide you with direct links to parts of the Catechism that discuss salvation, purgatory, or any other doctrine, please let me know.

http://www.USCCB.org

Please think about this quote from the late Bishop Fulton Sheen:

"There are not even a hundred people in the US that hate the Roman Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they think is the Roman Catholic Church."

Your Servant in Christ,

Max

After thinking more about his email... I had to send another...

Here it is....

Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 11:37 PM

Dear Ed,

I forgot to ask one thing in my last email...

I'm sorry. I was wrong for not reading the whole testimony. Please forgive me. How can I ask you to read something, if I do not read all of what you sent.

I will read the rest of her testimony.

I tell you this, if you can show me where the lies are in the Catechism, by using the Catechism and showing me from the Catechism link that I provided... I will not only leave the Catholic Church, but my tithe will go to your church.

Please, if the Catholic Church is lying, I need you to show me with the Catechism from http://www.USCCB.org

Here is the link to the entire table of contents so it is easier to find things....

http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/entiretoc1.htm

God Bless, Your Servant in Christ,

Max

Guest shield

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrreeeee thats a nun!!!!!

As Austin Powers would say:

It's a man, baby!

What a sad/infuriating crackup.

"Sister Charlotte" wouldn't give her real name (!) Why?

You guys remember the Catholic "re-education" police that operated in the 40's and 50's right? They would track down all the fallen nuns and priests and force them back "home".... It was a rough period in American Catholic history. ;)

The funny thing about it is how this guy is sure he's doing good work by fabricating this carp about the big bad church.

I used to be amazed at the hatred.

CatholicAndFanatical

I cant believe he wrote that to you...not even considering asking fellow Catholics of the truth but would rather listen to a woman with an agenda.

you should write him back and strongly say that you did inDouche read that article of hers and you was not only heart broken at the lies she is spreading but also felt pity for this poor woman who has an agenda against Christ..

Man, wish i could write him..

LET ME AT EM (*holding me bacK*) LET ME AT EM

CatholicAndFanatical