An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pastor Ed Rice.... Another Email To Me.

ironmonk

I cant believe he wrote that to you...not even considering asking fellow Catholics of the truth but would rather listen to a woman with an agenda.

you should write him back and strongly say that you did inDouche read that article of hers and you was not only heart broken at the lies she is spreading but also felt pity for this poor woman who has an agenda against Christ..

Man, wish i could write him..

LET ME AT EM (*holding me bacK*) LET ME AT EM

CatholicAndFanatical

Be my guest :)

something like:

"Dear Pastor Ed,

A friend of mine gave me a link to Charolette's testimony and I read it.

yadda yadda yadda

God Bless,

me"

....would be really cool... so he will know that other Catholics are reading it... he did wish for that.

His email is up there.

Your Servant in Christ,

ironmonk

CatholicAndFanatical

im on it like an MC Just song

i'll copy and paste what I write as well

thanks,

CatholicAndFanatical

im on it like an MC Just song

i'll copy and paste what I write as well

thanks,

CatholicAndFanatical

u da bomb!

God Bless,

ironmonk

I'd love to know how this woman's agenda started. What triggered her hatred, I wonder?

Exactly my thoughts as well, usually when they have that much hatred there is more than meets the eye.

Praise God Ironmonk! You should go apply at Catholic Answers! ;) B)

Exactly my thoughts as well, usually when they have that much hatred there is more than meets the eye.

Praise God Ironmonk! You should go apply at Catholic Answers!  ;)  B)

Thanks!

I have applied, but the webmaster decided to stay. :(

GB & PC

ironmonk

Maybe an apologist then?  ;)

I would love to do that for a living... but I don't think I could make enough to support family.

That's why I do it on the side sort of say...

GB & PC,

ironmonk

CatholicAndFanatical

Ok, thanks IronMonk for allowing me to email him..Although im not sure how good it will do.

I re-read that article from that supposide 'nun' and I actually read all of it, ugh, disgusting are her accounts.

But here is my email to him..its not as good as yours was IronMonk, but I wasnt feeling inspired Like i like to be when im posting or commenting..hope I didnt spout off to much. im sure you'll let me know if i am ;)

Email to Ed

Dear Pastor Ed,

A friend of mine gave me a link to Charolette's testimony and I read it. I cannot tell you how heart broken I am about the lies that were spread in her article. I knew from the beginning of the article that he claims would be false and she had no real clue as to what the Catholic Church is. In her article she claims that she didnt not have a Bible but only a Catechism of the Catholic Church, so whos fault is that? I dont know any devout Catholic personally that does not have a Bible. The Church teachs that to be ignorant of the Bible you will be ignorant of Christ. If she didnt have a Bible then she should of asked her Priest to give her one. She goes on to say that the Priests told her that if she stayed in the convent that her family will be 'saved' and go to heaven. Never does the Church teach that, the Priest may have said that, there are screwed up Priests in this world, their human. Just like there are screwed up and misguided baptist pastors. Does that make all baptist churchs wrong based off one baptist minister? Of course not, but people like Charolette and other prots love to accuse the Church as a whole for something one person does.

Another error filled topic she touched on was chastity. She is right when she says that as a nun she is espoused to Christ. She will remain a virgin her whole life..and whats wrong with that?? Jesus Himself was celebate, St. Paul was celebate, St. Peter after following Jesus was celebate. St. Paul says in 1 Cor 7:8 "Now to the unmarried and the widows. I say: It is a good thing for them to remain as they are, as I do." Being Celebate is a virtue, a gift from God. Priest stay celebate so they can give 100% to Christ. Exact same thing the Apostles did.

As I kept reading Ed I became more and more disgusted at her claims:

Quote:

In other words, they teach every little nun this: As the Holy Ghost placed the germ in Mary's womb and Jesus Christ was born, so the priest is the Holy Ghost and therefore it isn't a sin for us to bear his children. And let me tell you, that's what they come to the convent for. For no other purpose in all of this world do priests come into the convent but to rob those precious little girls of their virtue.

This is absurd and disgusting. Never does the Church teach that the Priest is the Holy Spirit, nor would we ever say that the Holy Ghost placed a 'germ'..what is that suppose to mean? I am deeply offended at this message and the lies that are being reported.

I had to stop reading after that, it literally made my stomach turn. Ed, this woman has an agenda, an agenda against Christ and His Church. I know you dont believe its His Church, but if you would like I would like to show you what we teach and why the Church teachs what we do. I am a devout Catholic, very knowledgable in the Teachings, I will never say we teach something if we dont. I will never deny the things we do teach. If you truely want to know the truth, then allow me to show you.

You need to take an honest look Ed at the Catholic Church. Dont look at one individual, but look at it as a whole. Look at the teachings, the traditions, the Apostolic Succession, the mere fact that we've been here for 2000 years and the prots only 400. Think about this Ed, you wouldnt have the Bible you read hadnt it been for the Catholic Church. We put the Bible together in the year 300AD by the Council of Rome. Its documented History that cannot be refuted. You mean you can trust St. Jerome (the Catholic Priest who translated it and compiled it) with the Bible but you cant trust the Church who defined the canons that St. Jerome put together?

One last thing Ed, Im sure in your church you recite the Apostles Creed, most prots do but have no clue on what is means. What do you suppose it means when it comes to the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church part? Catholic means Universal, the earliest words were recorded in the year 100AD by St. Irenaeus "Where the Catholic Church is, there is the Spirit of God; and where the Spirit of God, there the Church and every grace. The Spirit however, is the Truth" (Against Heresies 3, 24, 1). You see Ed its impossible to think that a baptist church would be considered 'universal' for obvious reasons, you go to one baptist church and hear a piece of scripture, you go to the one down the street at the same time and you'll hear something completely different. In most cases two baptist churchs dont really believe 100% same thing as another one does. The same goes with any protestant church. There is no universal in that. However, in the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church - when you attend Mass at your local Catholic Church, you are hearing the exact same Scriptures, homilies, and sayings that are being said at the exact same time all over the world, different languages, same sayings. As the body of Christ and as the Holy Catholic Church. Now thats truely Universal.

For your learning pleasure Ed I've included the list of Popes below. See for yourself that there is NO breakage in the links and every single one of these Popes can be traced through History and proven to be correct.

Please at least look through them

Pax Christi,

Steve

CatholicAndFanatical

Thanks guys, I await in anticipation for his email..im sure it will be a typical dance around it.

The Electric slide...boogie woogie woogie...lol

anyway, im going home, im still at work trying to catch up on things. my internet is down at home, so I might have to come back into work to read my emails and some threads. Have a great morning everyone. Dave, sorry I didnt get to chat, i'll catch up with you tomorrow when i come back into work..peace bro.

God Bless,

CatholicAndFanatical

I'd love to know how this woman's agenda started. What triggered her hatred, I wonder?

... I am becoming convinced it all surrounds approaching the Eucharist with an unbelieveing and mocking heart as St Paul warned so strongly agianst. Judas found out the hard way.

... Also, feel free to quote this ex-protestant stateing for the record I nor any of my Protestant friends ever saw a Bible in each others homes. I never knew we had a Bible until my late teen years. My Catholic friends family who lived at the end of my block on the other hand had a big white Bible opened and on display in their living room.

Peace of Christ, Ken

Edited by KennC