An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pastor Ed Rice.... Another Email To Me.

ironmonk

... I am becoming convinced it all surrounds approaching the Eucharist with an unbelieveing and mocking heart as St Paul warned so strongly agianst. Judas found out the hard way.

... Also, feel free to quote this ex-protestant stateing for the record I nor any of my Protestant friends ever saw a Bible in each others homes. I never knew we had a Bible until my late teen years. My Catholic friends family who lived at the end of my block on the other hand had a big white Bible opened and on display in their living room.

Peace of Christ, Ken

Thanks for sharing Bro!

God Bless, Your servant in Christ,

ironmonk

I think he's asking for a few lesson's in Catholic teachings... It would be so cool if each and every paragraph of the Catechism was in a database, and with a click of a button, that database would send each paragraph of the Catechism in a seperate email to one person. With a subject in the format of

"Catechism Paragraph #523 - Prophet of the Most High"

I think I will build such a database... For the Jack Chicks of the world.

Or be able to send x number of paragraph's a day... that would be beneficial to Catholics also.... I think I'll do it... much like DailyGospel.org... :)

And I think after I finish, I'll have to let pastor ed know that he was the inspiration... I'm sure that will warm his heart... (if he has one.)

I'm actually beginning to think this guy is retarded.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2003 9:46 PM

To: irishmax@tampabay.rr.com

Subject: Blindness

It is amazing to me that you can remain blind to what Catholicism is and

has done.

It is amazing that Roman Catholics burned Bibles for centuries and you

remain ignorant of their hatred for the Word of God because of their

smooth talk and pens in the last 50 years.

Their words are as smooth as the oil like the strange woman of Proverbs,

and her path leads to hell.

You may sooth your mind by calling Charollet the lying nun. She is what

Catholicism was all about 100 years ago, when they were still buring

Bibles. You choose to believe the new improved lies of Catholicism. How

unfortunate that you stay blinded to their history.

I don't need to view a catechism to find the lies in Catholicism. All

one needs to do is ask 10 RC how they are going to get to heaven. You

don't find the truth of Catholicism in thier dusty volumes of cover

story. You find it in the minds of those who are being deceived by the

system. Charolett is only one deceived. You like to call her a liar

and pretend her 100 year old story is counterfiet, fabricated and just

an attack of another catholic hater. Get out of their library and open

your eyes.

Take a moment to look at the truth of the Bible: My mom, a converted to

Christ RC, helped me understand these lies of Catholicism which you say

do not exist because you cannot find them in your precious library.

The Bible

And

Catholicism

The Pope and priests say "call me father." But Jesus said in the Bible

"But be ye not called Rabbi: for one is your master, even Christ; and

all ye are brethren. An call no man your father upon the earth; for one

is your father, which is in heaven." (Matt 23:8-9)

The Pope and priests say "Pray to Mary, pray to Saint Peter, Pray to

Saint Jude." But Jesus said in the Bible "Be not ye therefore like unto

them . . . After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in

heaven Hallowed be thy name. (Matt 6:8-9)

The Pope and priests say "bow and pray before these statues and

images." But God said in the Bible "Thou shalt not make unto thee any

graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or

that is in earth beneath, . . . Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them,

nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God," (Exod 20:4-5)

The Pope and Priests say that "Mother Mary can intercede for you." But

Jesus said in the Bible "I am the way the truth and the life: no man

cometh to the father, but by me" (John 14:6) And the Apostle Paul wrote

in the Bible "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and

men, the man Christ Jesus; who gave himself a ransom for all." (ITim2:5-6)

The Pope and Priests say that they can get your sins forgiven and can

save you from sins penalty. But the Bible says "That if thou shalt

confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart

that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. . . . For

whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved." (Rom

10:9,13)

You could be converted from the Sacramental system of Catholicism and

saved from your sin by calling on Jesus Christ today. "Except ye be

converted . . . Ye cannot enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matt 18:3)

I'll continue to pray that you get converted from Catholicism to Christ.

Pastor Rice

Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2003 12:29 AM

To: 'Ed Rice'

Subject: RE: Blindness

Importance: High

Dear Ed,

I'm going to ask you one more time. If what you say is true, then it will be easy for you to do.

if you can show me where the lies are in the Catechism, by using the Catechism and showing me from the Catechism link that I provided... I will not only leave the Catholic Church, but my tithe will go to your church.

Please, if the Catholic Church is lying, I need you to show me with the Catechism from http://www.USCCB.org

Here is the link to the entire table of contents so it is easier to find things....

http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/entiretoc1.htm

Charlotte was never a nun... She is a liar. What she says the Church teaches is a lie.

The Church did not burn bibles.

Why do you fear to see what the Church has to say.

You are like a judge that only listens to the prosecution without even hearing what the defendant has to say.

Have you picked up your bible lately? The Apostles were called "Fathers in Christ", so were the other disciples.

Luke 16:24

Ephesians 6:2

1 Corinthians 4:13-15

1 John 2:1-29

Now, if you do not go to the Website that I posted and show me where the Catechism lies, I will send you emails, until you do.

I find it hard to believe that you love Christ and judge our hearts when you will not listen to us.

Here is something from the Catechism…

The Council of Trent emphasizes the unique character of Christ's sacrifice as "the source of eternal salvation"449 and teaches that "his most holy Passion on the wood of the cross merited justification for us."450 …

Ed, you have been told misconceptions about the Catholic Church.

Listen to both sides, get the facts, then decide for yourself.

Your Servant in Christ,

Max

Edited by ironmonk

I had to send this as a follow up...

Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2003 1:00 AM

To: 'Ed Rice'

Subject: Christ's sacrifice is "the source of eternal salvation"

Dear Ed,

The Council of Trent emphasizes the unique character of Christ's sacrifice as "the source of eternal salvation"449 and teaches that "his most holy Passion on the wood of the cross merited justification for us."450

http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/pt1sec...chpt2art4p2.htm

Is this a lie? Is Christ's sacrifice the source of eternal salvation?

Please, get the facts. How do you know who is lying if you do not listen to both sides?

Your Servant in Christ,

Max

Their words are as smooth as the oil like the strange woman of Proverbs,

When I read that line from the guy's email, I immediately thought of the TV performers....lots of theatrics and smooth talking, but when you analyze their message, not the complete truth.

I also read the nun's story, and I have one question. If it was truly as bad as she says and if it upset her so much, and if she has such an ax to grind against the Catholic Church and has left, then why didn't she notify the authorities? I mean, in Chicago the big story for the past month has been how the state is trying to shut down Maryville Academy, which is a Catholic-run home for troubled youth, due to a suicide and some sexual misconduct among soem of the residents, so why didn't she pursue legal action?

When I read that line from the guy's email, I immediately thought of the TV performers....lots of theatrics and smooth talking, but when you analyze their message, not the complete truth. 

I also read the nun's story, and I have one question.  If it was truly as bad as she says and if it upset her so much, and if she has such an ax to grind against the Catholic Church and has left, then why didn't she notify the authorities?  I mean, in Chicago the big story for the past month has been how the state is trying to shut down Maryville Academy, which is a Catholic-run home for troubled youth, due to a suicide and some sexual misconduct among soem of the residents, so why didn't she pursue legal action?

I don't think she was ever a nun... I don't think anyone mad at the Church that leaves and still believes that Jesus is God could lie so much.

Your Servant in Christ,

ironmonk

ReformationNow

I also read the nun's story, and I have one question.  If it was truly as bad as she says and if it upset her so much, and if she has such an ax to grind against the Catholic Church and has left, then why didn't she notify the authorities?  I mean, in Chicago the big story for the past month has been how the state is trying to shut down Maryville Academy, which is a Catholic-run home for troubled youth, due to a suicide and some sexual misconduct among soem of the residents, so why didn't she pursue legal action?

I read it too. There would be several factors in her not pursuing legal action.

A)She was in another country that was likely heavily Catholic from the appearance of the testimony.

B) This appears to have taken place in the early to mid 20th centure, and there wasn't much any country would do about something like that back then.

And I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now.

A)She was in another country that was likely heavily Catholic from the appearance of the testimony.

B) This appears to have taken place in the early to mid 20th centure, and there wasn't much any country would do about something like that back then.

And I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now.

The foreign country aspect also occurred to me as well, as she mentioned that they spoke a foreign language there. If she is an American, then I would assume that this country is Mexico. But, for the longest of time in thh early to mid-20th century, Mexico's government was EXTREMELY anti-clerical (there is even a priest up for canonicization that was matryred by the Mexican government in the mid-1920s, I forget his name now), so if there would be a foreign government that I would think would have the will to shut it down, it would be Mexico. I recall a high school teacher mention that he was not allowed to wear his collar in Mexico, and he was ordained in the 1970s!!!

ReformationNow

The foreign country aspect also occurred to me as well, as she mentioned that they spoke a foreign language there. If she is an American, then I would assume that this country is Mexico. But, for the longest of time in thh early to mid-20th century, Mexico's government was EXTREMELY anti-clerical (there is even a priest up for canonicization that was matryred by the Mexican government in the mid-1920s, I forget his name now), so if there would be a foreign government that I would think would have the will to shut it down, it would be Mexico. I recall a high school teacher mention that he was not allowed to wear his collar in Mexico, and he was ordained in the 1970s!!!

I dunno...I don't get the feeling she was American. Or in Mexico for that matter. I'm thinking Europe.

The fact is that she knows nothing about Catholic teachings.

She's a liar, and never was really Catholic. If she was, it was only by baptism as a baby.

- ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

But, for the longest of time in thh early to mid-20th century, Mexico's government was EXTREMELY anti-clerical (there is even a priest up for canonicization that was matryred by the Mexican government in the mid-1920s, I forget his name now),

Miguel Pro!!!!! ;)

He's sooooo cool! B)

But Jesus said ...

But God said ...

I guess Mr Ed forgot about;

... Exd 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour

... Pro 14:5 A faithful witness will not lie: but a false witness will utter lies.

... Mat 26:59 Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death;

... Mar 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of [these] little ones (or cause them to sin) that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

Anyone can call himself a Pastor and as has been seen at another board, anyone can call himself an Elder.

I don't think she was ever a nun...

Here's another possibility....maybe this person really doesn't exist?? I mean, does anyone remember the email circulating a few years ago that a bill to be inroduced by Congressman Schell would impose a 5 cent tax on every email we sent? It was a hoax, and there was no Congressman Schell. And it turns out that it was just a version of a Canadian hoax email where it was Canadian MP Schell was the one who wanted to impose the tax! These urban legends tend to take on a life of their own. And it seems that the "tunnels between the rectory and convent" and the "burial pit of dead babies" is a standard staple of anti-Catholic literature, as I've heard it before.

So I would still challenge this pastor: with all the media coverage of the priest scandals including reports of abuses that happened many years ago, and with theis person supposedly telling her story throughout the US and Canada, why has this not picked up by the media - and why we haven't heard of it? It would rank up there with Gacy and Dahmer and Pol Pot as one of the most gruesome discoveries of our time! (I'd email this guy myself, but I don't want to get put on any loony anti-Catholic mailing lists - I've got enough on my hands with the sportbike board I post on to keep me busy!!)

And you know what - suppose on the off-chance this is true. It would be an isolated incident that does not affect the truth that the Church teaches. As long as the Church continues to teach the truth it will weather any storm - including the current bad apples in the clergy problem. After all, it has been weathering storms for close to 2000 years!! And I will stay with it. Where else is there to turn?

Edited by Norseman82

Miguel Pro!!!!! ;)

He's sooooo cool! B)

Thank you....I knew there was a 'P' somewhere in his name!!!

As they say, the 20th century saw the greatest number of martyrs in history...

Thank you....I knew there was a 'P' somewhere in his name!!!

As they say, the 20th century saw the greatest number of martyrs in history...

Yeah...St. Maximilian Kolbe, for example...... B)