An Old School Catholic Message Board

Naming Your Guardian Angel?

Paladin D

littleflower+JMJ

have you read the sermons of cure de ars?

he says never to mention that "Name". for if we realize who we are calling when we say that name we would never say it.

yes what you said is true but whenyou say God's name, his there. well the same thing with Mr. Old Scratch aka Mr. D.

only in defense and in prayer should it be said

my sister, angie, read the book. maybe she can explain better. but after she read it she realize what st. john vianney was saying and made sure we also understood it what st. john vianney was saying

*goes to bug her sister*

ah! found it...

"....this instance (of a man who called the "d" word casually and the "d" had appeared) shows us, my dear brethen, how closely the Mr. D hovers around us, waiting to cheat us and cause us to lose our souls whenever the opportunity presents itself."you should take great care to never say it and never to allow your children or those around you to say it either. "

--st. john vianney

sermons of the Cure De Ars page 69

Wow so you're not SUPPOSED to say.. you know... the L name or the D word? Does it make him closer to you? How can there be so much power in just saying a silly name??

Sorry to bombard you with questions!! I've been doing that a lot lately; it seems the more you learn the less you know!

littleflower+JMJ

Dude PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, I dont wanna start an argument or anything! 

I just happened upon that line and thought of Harry Potter.  You know, where everybody's afraid to say "Lord Voldemort" because he's so evil and stuff?  Yeah but see, in the books that fear actually gives him more POWER, see? 

Ok.  So like, plese don't think I'm ragging on you - it's 1:30 AM and I have NO SCHOOL TOMORROW so I have planted my happy little delirious behind in front of the computer, and Harry Potter happened to pop into my head!  :D

i wouldn't try to compare harry potter to anything catholic because its not.

that author is as far away from catholicism as one can get.

different as light and day.

us being light and her being nite... :ph34r:

i wouldn't try to compare harry potter to anything catholic because its not.

that author is as far away from catholicism as one can get.

different as light and day.

us being light and her being nite... :ph34r:

*shrugs* Yeah, well. I'm not trying to tie in Catholocism to Harry Potter. It was a reference to a piece of literature that I have read that happened to be similar to a statement is all.

littleflower+JMJ

Wow so you're not SUPPOSED to say.. you know... the L name or the D word?  Does it make him closer to you?  How can there be so much power in just saying a silly name??

Sorry to bombard you with questions!!  I've been doing that a lot lately; it seems the more you learn the less you know!

Good questions blue rose that not too many realize the seriousness of this situation.....and im glad you asked it. :)

its simple.... with words, come power

and that itself carries.

the scary part is that its not something simple or casualy.

that name is one that belongs to full-fledge evil spirit that is not weak or silly, that is around us that many times we cannot see. and even in saying it casually is enough to provoke what we may not want to provoke or even suspect we provoke.

its a continuous battle here on earth. wouldn't you want to make sure you call out names of the good guys and not the bad guys. less they find you? :ph34r:

we are weak already, so in saying it we make ourselves more weaker and vulnerable

st. john vianney was attacked alot by the Mr. D. he knew how he worked.

just like theres good, theres bad.

Here's the actual story from St. John Vianney's book about saying that name:

"There once lived a man well respected for his steady living who, returning one day from a journey, called his servant in a very offhand (casual, silly) manner, saying to him: "Here, you, you old d---- of a valet! Come and get my boots off!" Immediately his boots began to draw themselves off without anyone touching them. He was absolutely terrified and started to cry out: "Go away, S----! It wasn't you I called, but my valet!"

-st. john vianney

and thats something that we all need to listen from the great words the holy Cure

You might say that the very thought of saying the D word in just a "silly" manner is the D's smokescreen--saying that name is never a trivial matter... how can saying the liar of liars name every be taken lightly? We have to be careful not to fall for that.

The D is out prowling like the lion out to devour whomever he can....

why make ourselves susceptible...

Calling the name of Jesus I can be sure to have him near me because He loves me!

just mentioning the D's name in jest is the same in the opposite effect-- because he loves to ruin souls

littleflower+JMJ

also note that st. john vianney was such a cool saint that converted so many people that he's incorrupted!!

cool huh?

oh and also the Mr. D hated him because if there were three Cures de Ars the whole world could have been converted.

ahh...the saints are just so cool!!

B) B)

:D :D *jmj goes off to go find Cure de Ars feastday on her catholic calender* :D :D :D

wouldn't you want to make sure you call out names of the good guys and not the bad guys. less they find you? 

But I thought that the devil cannot harm us because God is protecting us? And guardian angels are too?

littleflower+JMJ

when jesus got tempted in the desert in the desert by mr. d

the d said to Jesus," then throw yourself off this cliff for scripture has it that the angels will catch/save you from any harm"

then Jesus responded, scripture also has it that you shall not test the Lord your God

so we know we're going to be protected but would one want to gamble it?

knowing when calling, its the real deal

we know the harm in that name. and if we invoke it, we're taking that risk.

i paraphased the scripture but its in there when Jesus was 40 days in the desert and when the "d" tempted him three times.

so its better to not say it at all. unless in defense in prayer.

(like the st. michael prayer)

:D must be nice to be off tomorrow!

i got a mid-term tomorrw (today?) morning! :(:( :(