An Old School Catholic Message Board

Naming Your Guardian Angel?

Paladin D

I just watched EWTN, the Mass...and they were talking about naming your Guardian angel or praying to find out your angel's name. Right before Mass ended.

Not sure if anybody else caught it, but what are your thoughts?

PS: Priest said this.

There was a debate earlier, about if it's dangerous to name your guardian angel, or know of it. Since you can mistakenly name a demon or something like that?

There was a debate earlier, about if it's dangerous to name your guardian angel, or know of it.  Since you can mistakenly name a demon or something like that?

thats an interesting comment but I dont know what to think on that one.. however what you mention is the reason I dont like to mention the evil one's name... because I dont want its attention

cmotherofpirl

There was a debate earlier, about if it's dangerous to name your guardian angel, or know of it.  Since you can mistakenly name a demon or something like that?

THere is no problem talking to your guardian angel or your kids guardian angels' etc.

THey stand before God Almighty.

If God is for us, who can be against?

a priest in my parrish gave a homily once about guardian angels and giving yours a name.

he said it's good cause then you can just be like, "whats up ____?" like they were a normal person...

he then said how you can talk to them anywhere you want!

then he said that you shouldn't talk to your guardian angel in the shower if other people can hear you, cause if you're a guy and you name your angel mike, you don't want people to think you talk to mike in the shower!

IcePrincessKRS

I believe the other debate was not that you couldn't name your angel, but that you shouldn't ASK for your angel's name because a demon could take that opportunity to intercept and deceive you.

I don't think its wrong to name your angel, I did when I was a little girl, but I'd be weary of asking the angel for his name.

Jake Huether

Matthew 18:

10-11 See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

It gives me goose bumps thinking about how close we are to heaven! How close we are to God in fact! I mean, our angels are right next to us, but at the same time the ALWAYS see the face of God the Father!

Coolness!:):)

So guardian angels really do protect us? From what, like demons and things, right? And what is the point of talking to them (other than because it is really cool, because it is!)

Makes ya think, you know, that wherever you go, wherever you are, you are being watched & protected, and you are not alone! Coolness.

cantstopdancin9

Coolness!:):)

So guardian angels really do protect us?  From what, like demons and things, right?  And what is the point of talking to them (other than because it is really cool, because it is!)

Makes ya think, you know, that wherever you go, wherever you are, you are being watched & protected, and you are not alone!  Coolness.

amesome! That totally puts the SUPER in Supercalifregalisticexpialidocious

Guest jrob8503

Are you necessarily obligated to believe in guardian angels? I believe that exist in whatever supernatural plane God exists in, but don't think you have your own personal angel.

cantstopdancin9

Are you necessarily obligated to believe in guardian angels?  I believe that exist in whatever supernatural plane God exists in, but don't think you have your own personal angel.

I don't understand what you mean. :huh:

Guest jrob8503

Is it Church doctrine that we do inDouche have guardian angels? Could I say, I don't believe in that and still be a member of the Church. Unlike denying the divinity of Jesus, which is impossible to do and still be considered a member.

Edited by jrob8503