An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Prayer Homies...

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

Blessed be God!

[i][b] "Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life; everyone must carry out a concrete assignment that demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated, thus, everyone's task is unique as his specific opportunity." - Viktor Frankl [/b][/i]

Here is the prayer we are going by, you can use it or not, which ever you prefer:

[quote]Most High, Glorious God,
enlighten the darkness of our minds.
Give us a right faith, a firm hope and a perfect charity,
so that we may always and in all things act according to Your Holy Will.

Amen.[/quote]

[u][b]Master Spin Prayer List:[/b][/u]

[quote]Sanvean - J.R.D

Andrea348 - voiciblanche

Adam S -ForHimAlone

daugher-of-Mary - hugheyforlife

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua - FutureNunJMJ

St Colette - FutureSoror

PedroX - geetarplayer

daveybe - PaxVobis

the_rev  -  LiL Kat Said

Trinity Addiction - Mr Bubble

slywakka250 - Paladin D

WillT - (TBA)

(This will be updated as people join so check often)[/quote]

[b]ALSO-[/b] Please keep us updated on any thoughts, calls, or prayers you have. Also let us know if you want to go on a retreat or will be going on a retreat.

[b]If we want holy men and women in our Church we must pray, and pray hard, and pray now![/b]

I consecrate this Discernment group to Our Lady of Gudalupe.

Totus Tuus!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

I placed my prayer buddies name on an index card and have it in my liturgy of the hours book. Every night during Night Prayer I pray the prayer and lift her up. Unfortunately, I haven't spoken to her, but Voiciblanche, I am praying for you.

TrinityAddiction

As for me, Mr Bubble and I sent eachother brief PMs about ourselves and all that, but we haven't talked since.

If you read this, yes, I am still praying for you daily. ^_^

Peace and Love in Him,
Leslie

I dropped J.R.D. a note, haven't heard back from him, unfortunately, but he's been very busy, I'm sure.

Still, I remember him(and, for that matter, the rest of you, as well) in my prayers daily.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Sanvean' date='Nov 8 2004, 07:59 PM'] I dropped J.R.D. a note, haven't heard back from him, unfortunately, but he's been very busy, I'm sure.

Still, I remember him(and, for that matter, the rest of you, as well) in my prayers daily. [/quote]
Have you tried to contact him through MSN messenger? You could... if you wish ^_^

God Bless and Mary Protect!
Angela

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

Stay connected with your partner. You have to know them, so you can better pray for their Vocation. Also once you get to know the person, tell each other why they would be good for a certain Vocation.

Totus Tuus,
Andy

Ditto! :D
Prayers for my prayer partner daily!

could i ask a favor?
could yall pray that i am able to make it to my retreat on friday and saturday? Some complications have come up and i find out tomorrow if i'm able to go or not.

Thx!
Kathleen

Hey, Kathleen! I love your name, by the way. I'll pray for you. If the Lord wants you at that retreat, you are not going to miss it!

In the love of Christ,
Kathleen

Thanks for your prayers!

They obviously worked! I got to go on the retreat and I met some awEsomE people. It was amazing. You know how you've been moved in such a great dramatic way there are no words to explain how awesome it was? that's how i feel. ^_^

Love you all and my prayers are with you
~Kathleen

p.s. I love your name too!! haha :) ;)

I'm so glad you were able to go! How wonderful! I think Jesus likes us pull us, like his apostles, away from our daily routines to really spend some hard-core time with Him. I'm glad your special time with Jesus was awesome! Did you have a well-known speaker there?

Well i guess if you can call Righteous B a well-known speaker, then yes ^_^ . But i see him like every other day.

It was just a few people from our youth group and a few people from 2 other youth groups. It was a very spontaneous retreat, haha the leaders would just pray about something to do and then they'd get an idea and we did it! :D I think in total there were about 45-ish people there.