An Old School Catholic Message Board

:( what's wrong with me?

theculturewarrior

theculturewarrior

I can't stand my parents house. I usually come home to visit on the weekend. I get so irritable with my family. I can't stand staying at my apartment, and I can't stand coming home to visit.

:(

theculturewarrior

I don't know. I think it's time for a new circle of friends. I'm really itching for a change of scenery, but I'm stuck here in Bangladesh for the next two years.

I need a girlfriend. :( That's all I need. But don't mind me. :unsure:

Ash Wednesday

I moved home to be with my father after my mom died. I would give anything to live in my own place again and have both parents around to irritate me, and be here just to visit.

[quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Oct 29 2004, 09:44 PM'] I need a girlfriend. :( That's all I need. But don't mind me. :unsure: [/quote]
Don't say that. You don't need a girlfriend to make you happy. Relying on someone else for your own happiness will only result in heartbreak and disappointment. You need to be happy with yourself before you can be completely happy with someone else. Looking to someone else to complete you will not make you happy. It may make you feel better about yourself for a while, but that will pass.

I know how much it smells of elderberries to be single (try it for seven years :sadder: ) But I also know how bad it hurts to realize you're incomplete without someone to complete you.

Try something new. A new hobby maybe. Take a trip. Do something.

Ash Wednesday

Having a girlfriend or boyfriend is fine, but it COMPLICATES life and does not make things necessarily better. It makes life better in some ways, but also makes it harder.

And I look forward to getting a change of scenery myself and moving to Europe. I gotta get out of my usual scene, too.

theculturewarrior

[quote name='azaelia' date='Oct 29 2004, 08:57 PM'] Don't say that. You don't need a girlfriend to make you happy. Relying on someone else for your own happiness will only result in heartbreak and disappointment. You need to be happy with yourself before you can be completely happy with someone else. Looking to someone else to complete you will not make you happy. It may make you feel better about yourself for a while, but that will pass.

I know how much it smells of elderberries to be single (try it for seven years :sadder: ) But I also know how bad it hurts to realize you're incomplete without someone to complete you.

Try something new. A new hobby maybe. Take a trip. Do something. [/quote]
"It is not good for man to be alone."

I know, I probably don't need a girlfriend to be happy...but I may need one to live my vocation...and I need to do God's Will to be happy. Of course, I'm a patient man. Don't mind me. :unsure:

(Unless you think I'm cute. :unsure: Then go ahead and mind me).

theculturewarrior

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Oct 29 2004, 08:46 PM'] I moved home to be with my father after my mom died. I would give anything to live in my own place again and have both parents around to irritate me, and be here just to visit. [/quote]
Thanks for reminding me of my blessings, Ash. That puts things in perspective.

theculturewarrior

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Oct 29 2004, 08:59 PM'] Having a girlfriend or boyfriend is fine, but it COMPLICATES life and does not make things necessarily better. It makes life better in some ways, but also makes it harder.

And I look forward to getting a change of scenery myself and moving to Europe. I gotta get out of my usual scene, too. [/quote]
Yeah...when I get into grad school I'll probably be MIA for a couple years anyway. :(

:sadder:

Don't mind me. :unsure:

[quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Oct 29 2004, 09:31 PM'] I can't stand my parents house. I usually come home to visit on the weekend. I get so irritable with my family. I can't stand staying at my apartment, and I can't stand coming home to visit.

:( [/quote]
I can't stand my parents' house either. Unlike you, I'm currently stuck at home 24/7. My parents and I don't get along well half the time. I wish I knew of some advice to offer, though. Sorry. :(

i feel like im taking crzy pills

Sooo... I know how it feels to be in the same place with the same scenery for a while. Like right now, I just wanna get up and walk out the door. But I can't. Darn it.

But hey, you DON'T need a girlfriend to make you happy. Like they said, you need to be happy first before you can be happy with someone else. It's so true. And, remember that with God, you are a complete person. Just try to be smart and do his will.

*group hug*