An Old School Catholic Message Board

Change in Vocation...

the_rev

Hey everyone,

As some or most of you know, there has been a change in my vocation.

If you don't know, this past summer, I worked at an orphanage, and the little kids loved me. I felt the "need" to have children. So I prayed about it for about five months, and God has let me know, that he wants me to get married and have children.

Right now, I just ask for your prayers, that I will be able to make it into a good Catholic College that offers an excellent Political Science program, and pray also that I will find out what God wants me to find in a girl, who would be my future wife.

Thank you very much!

Be assured of my prayers for u.

God Bless,
ED

• 2 weeks later...
Pope St Clement 1

You have my prayers too.

And congratulations on discerning your vocation.

Just a thought for others, (not you, rev, since God has made it clear that he wants you to get married) the fact that kids, little or big, love you does not necessarily mean that you are not called to the consecrated life (orsingle life). There are orders like the Salesians and Priests like Father Antoine do great work with children.

God bless you, rev.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I feel I misinterpretted that call, as I do a lot.

You can read all about htis on my blog at:

[url="http://catholicbandgeek.blogspot.com"]http://catholicbandgeek.blogspot.com[/url]

At this time I feel called tot he priesthood.

Pax,

Ed

Dude, as I've told you before, take your time. Don't get blown about by the gusts of changing passions and desires. Just keep an even keel for right now. You've still got years to decide, and there's no rush.

[quote name='BurkeFan' date='Dec 11 2004, 12:18 AM'] Dude, as I've told you before, take your time. Don't get blown about by the gusts of changing passions and desires. Just keep an even keel for right now. You've still got years to decide, and there's no rush. [/quote]
I agree, my prayers are with you