An Old School Catholic Message Board

Just wanting to know

PaxVobis

I can't ever remember which of you guys are seminarians/ priests/ religious/ looking at a vocation/ just visiting. So maybe we could do a thread on where everyone is right now with their vocation discernment? I'll start

I'm a sophmore at Conception Seminary College (www.conception.edu) and am studying for the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City and I'm lovin it!

Tony

I'm Kathleen, and I've felt a call to the religious life on and off for the past eight years. I've been in a state of serious discernment for over a year now. I'm feeling drawn toward the contemplative life, but God will provide answers in His own good time.

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

I am Andrew Joseph Joseph Jaeger...I am 19, a Freshman at Benedictine College in Atcison, Kansas. I am just discerning where I am to serve Christ's Church.

Totus Tuus,
Andy

Thy Geekdom Come

I'm Micah Murphy and I mostly just visit, but you already know me, Tony.

For everyone else, I was a seminarian last year for the Diocese of Omaha and am now ready to start preparing for marriage, as I have discerned that it is for me.

daugher-of-Mary

I'm Elizabeth and have been discerning a vocation to religious life for about 6 years on and off again. I feel God is calling me to contemplative life (specifically Carmel) and hope to enter as soon as is permitted!

I'm Andrea and I have been discerning religious life for about 6 years, but only seriously the last 3. I hope to enter the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist in either August 2005 or 2006 depending on my student loans.

My name's Dave, a seminarian for the Diocese of Buffalo, NY.

I'm in between 2nd and 3rd theology, serving a pastoral internship which is mandatory for our diocese. Looking at ordination in 2007 (Deo volente). The pastoral assignment has given me a very realistic view of diocesan priesthood: the good, the bad, the ugly, and the joyful. So far, it still feels right.

Enjoying the conversation here. You folks inspire me.

Edited by daveybe

My name is Jenny and I am currently discerning the religious life (and have been on and off seriously for the past 6 years). I love Franciscans, and am leaning somewhere between the Sister Servants in Alabama and the Martyrs in Alton. Now I just have to pay off my loans!

I believe that God is calling me to the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, but I can't join right now, so I'm hoping to enter in 2006.

My name is Veronica and I am currently discerning my vocation, in particular to contemplative life(possibly with the Passionists).

goldenchild17

My name is Colin and I am 18, a freshman at my local community college. I've been considering a vocation to the priesthood for the last few years. I don't know if I'm called to the diocese or an order. I'd love to be a part of an order but I also feel really called to work in a diocese(especially my local one). Most likely join the Society of Our Lady of the Trinity, or the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal.

Edited by goldenchild17

ThyWillBeDone

Hi,
My name is Chris. I am in Second College (Sophmore Year) at Saint Charles Borromeo Seminary in Philadelphia. It is my first year here, I transfered in after a year at a regular college.
God Bless

I'm Emily, 19 years old and currently discerning religious life. At this point I think I'm more inclined toward active instead of contemplative orders. I feel very called to the Nashville Dominicans, but I still have a lot of orders to check out!

God Bless!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Sanvean' date='Nov 10 2004, 08:40 PM'] My name is Veronica and I am currently discerning my vocation, in particular to contemplative life(possibly with the Passionists). [/quote]
Oooo... Passionists ^_^

Hello, I'm Angela... I've been discerning religious life, quite possiably as a cloistered nun, for about two years. I am still "convent shopping" and still looking for the Order CHrist wants me in. :hearts:

JMJ
11/12 - St. Josaphat

I'm Ryan Hilderbrand, a seminarian for the Diocese of Evansville, in my fourth year of philosophy (aka senior in college).