An Old School Catholic Message Board

>>>please Read This<<<

Freaky Chik

Hello all my friends :P

I just wanted to write a post to apologise to you all. See, I came onto Phatmass to learn from you all. My intentions was to ask questions, hear your answers, and try to understand where you all come from. (Not to be converted though, just because I wanted to know more about what my other brothers and sisters believe) Now, I have to apologise, because as of late my intentions had changed... and I began to be pretty sarcastic and not too Christ-like. So would you please accept my apologies?

Now, though, the reason why I did become sarcastic was... well, I have to be honest okay... I have poor grammar so you're going to have to do your best to understand what I'm trying to say :) I'm not a theological student, I ain't the brightest kid around, specially when it comes to all of this sort of stuff... so I obviously find it hard to even try and respond to what you guys say, and to answer qustions you guys ask... because I know that you'll all just shoot it down.... The times though when I did answer, I could only relate things to my own personal life and to what I have discovered for myself in my christian walk... and some of the things I have shared have been very much from the heart, and I just felt like you guys were all mocking me and bringing me down and to be honest it really hurt.... so as a stupid human, I retaliated by being sarcastic and not too nice myself... and I'm sorry for that. I hope you forgive me, and I hope that you guys will also be humble enough to see how you might have hurt me (or my friends).

Anyways, that probably didn't make sense....

so yeh.. thanks for listening :)

And I, on my part, offer my apology if I came sarcastic and spiteful and was not open to the possiblity that God was wanting us both to share our Faith so we can help each other come to know Him better.

Maybe He was teaching you patience, and me humility. ;)

And I, on my part, offer my apology if I came sarcastic and spiteful and was not open to the possiblity that God was wanting us both to share our Faith so we can help each other come to know Him better.

I second that, Freaky Chik.

If you've come to learn, this is a pretty good place to pick up on the basics.

Few of us are theologians, either, but we are blessed to have a few here to guide us if we speak error.

It's hard to just teach yourself what Christ has been passing down for 2003 years, or what God has been handing down since He created the earth & all its inhabitants!

Truly, Our God is an amesome God.

We're at our best when we both realize that, and take it from there.

I think that your attitude may also have been influenced just a bit by the "pack mentality," meaning that when a few people pack together, they sometimes conduct themselves in a way that they would not act as individuals. (Dogs do this, too, hence the reference to packs, but I'm not calling you a dog!)

But the things that we said which may have provoked hurt feelings or a sarcastic comeback were unkind things to say, and for that you have my sincerest apologies and warm, mommy-like Christian sister (((((hugs)))))).

(mommy-like, cuz I'm a mom! ;) )

Pax Christi (The Peace of Christ to you.) <><

I hope that many people here have learned this lesson. Good point, jasJis

CatholicAndFanatical

FreakyChic,

Im not sure if I was ever able to debate with you on things, but I apologize as well.

Its good to see someone in here where their actual intent was to learn. We dont get that alot in here, in fact we usually get people in here that constantly like to put us on the defense. either by stating were all going to Hell, or saying they know what the Church teachs, but have never been a part of this Church to know.

I hope your time on this board is better now that you stated your intentions. I would be more than happy to help you understand what the Church teachs and where She stands if youd like. I promise I wont bite your head off for asking a question or hurt your feelings.

Again, im sorry. Have a blessed day,

CatholicAndFanatical

Oh, I can't believe I forgot! (I usually have my own way of apologizing, but I'll just say it now), I apologize.

I need to learn to control my anger at times, and be more patient.

we 4give u if u 4give us!

i think we all just get into this crazy mentality when we click "Debate Table"

like... here we go let's shoot down all the stuff against what we believe!!! ready.. aim... fire!

which kinda ends up hurtin ppl when they're not smarty in the theological field, which u really don't have 2 know it all to be a good Christian. so when those ppl relay their personal experiences, i think we should all take our hand off the trigger.

hmmm... maybe we shouldn't be so trigger happy to begin with. it kinda makes ppl resent u when u just shoot down their arguments with a "The Church teaches" or a taking their post quote by quote and tryin to tell them how stupid it is.

don't sweat it, Freaky. we were also at fault, tearing down ur personal experiences with God cause we're trigger happy.

Peace of Christ be upon us all!

Thomas Michael

This degree of debate is actually pretty mild compared to what I experience on the Defenders board.

We're basically like one big family (hence the "Pham") ... we have our bickering amongst ourselves, but at the end of the day, we still love each other.

So don't get too discouraged at our flare-ups. Stick around... you'll be glad you did.

:) :):):):)

Why can't we have more of these warm, we-are-a-happy-phamily threads??

And to put in my two cents: If I hurt or annoyed anyone in my posts, I apologize!