An Old School Catholic Message Board

Here I Am Lord '05 in Rockford

jgirl

Hey, Have any of you been to the Here I Am Lord weekend in the Rockford diocese? One of the girls in the youth group I help out wants to hear Matt Smith, and I saw he was going to be there, but I didn't know if I should tell her. Is it mostly geared toward people discerning religious life or just discerning in general?

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

She can go!
They cover all vocations, but there is a huge presence of Religious there, but there is a huge part on married life. I went 2 years ago, it rocks! When iwas there, Fr. Stan was preforming :D

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

There is a site for it... I can't remember it off hand, but it is in St. Charles Illinois at St. Patricks I believe... I think that it is held in February every year, not to sure on my info though, but I should know about this too because I am hoping to go this year!

hey all of you... yeah anyone can go to the Here I Am conference...
it is a vocations and discipleship conference.
It is february 11-13, 2005.
held at St. Patrick Catholic Church St. Charled, IL
you can go to www.hereiamlord.CatholicWeb.com
or call 630-515-3315.

There will be guest speakers of:
Fr. Stan Fortuna
Chris Padgentt
Bob Rice
Matt Smith
and Backyard Galaxy will be there.

I think the guy you want to get in touch with is Mr. Zack.

I can find out for sure and get back to you for sure.

If you are going let me know and maybe we can meet up there, cause i will be there for sure!!!
pm me if you've got anymore questions

+jessica+

in addition to these guest speakers... the Religios communities that are registered are:
FELICIAN SISTERS
DAUGHTERS OF CHARITY
MERCEDARIANS
FRANCISCAN SISTERS OF CHRISTIAN CHARITY
THIRD ORDER OF ST. FRANCIS OF MARY IMMACULATE
SCHOOL SISTERS OF NOTRE DAME
SISTERS OF THE THIRD ORDER OF ST. FRANCIS
DOMINICAN FRIARS
MARYKNOLL FATHERS AND BROTHERS
SALESIAN SISTERS OF ST. JOHN BOSCO
FRANCISCAN SISTER OF THE SACRED HEART
SISTERS OF THE HOLY CROSS
MISSIONARIES OF THE SACRED HEART
SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS OF PERPETUAL ADORATION
HOLY SPIRIT MISSIONARY SISTERS
SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI
LITTLE SISTERS OF THE POOR
SERVANTS OF THE PIERCED HEART OF JESUS AND MARY
CARMELITE SISTERS OF THE DIVINE HEART OF JESUS
SISTERS OF MARY, MOTHER OF THE EUCHARIST
NASHVILLE DOMINICANS
ARCHDIOCESE OF CHICAGO - VOCATIONS
GLENMARY HOME MISSIONS
HANDMAIDS OF NAZARETH
SISTERS OF ST. JOSEPH - STEVENS POINT
RESURRECTION SISTERS
FRANCISCAN MISSIONARIES OF MARY
SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS OF THE HOLY EUCHARIST
MARMION ABBEY
ROCKFORD DIOCESE - VOCATIONS OFFICE
FRANCISCAN SISTERS OF PERPETUAL ADORATION
MISSIONARY OBLATES OF MARY IMMACULATE
POOR CLARE MISSIONARY SISTERS
DIVINE WORD MISSIONARIES
SCHOOL SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS
SCHOOL SISTERS OF ST. FRANCIS - PANHANDLE, TX

so... any more questions just go to the website, or pm me...

+jessica+

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Mr Zak is AWESOME! He knows me... I know him... He is pretty cool, but his wife had a really bad heart attack last June... SHe really hasn't made a complete comeback, that I have heard about at least... Mr. Zak is also a smoker... but he is pretty cool, St. pat's is a pretty church as well ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

bumping this topic to ask:

1) I have a friend who's almost 35 years old and discerning religious life. Would she feel at home at this conference? Or is it more centered toward teens / early college age people? She digs Fr. Stan, so the cultural milieu wouldn't be a problem. But would she be, like, the only woman over 30 there?

I'm gonna recommend the conference to her anyway, but i know she'll ask me this question. Please help me to be ready with a reply.

2) Oh, and along these lines... many orders have age cutoffs. In the orders you've looked at, is there a standard maximum age for application (35? 40?), or does it vary a lot from one order to another?

Thanx :)
D.Be

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I think she could come... I know it is mostly young adults and stuff like that, but there are older people there as well. I don't think there would be a big problem, but if I go, I will be sure to say hi to her...

And with the age cutoff, it really varies between orders and exceptions can be made! It would just require a lot of working things out with the superior and stuff like that :)

Hope that helps!

Okay, thanks, Fyooch! I will recommend it to my friend. Who knows, i may even attend myself, just to confirm that my calling is Diocesan and not Religious. I still haven't completely resolved that.

As it turns out, my retreat in the midwest starts that same weekend. So St. Charles, IL may be a good halfway point to stop for the night. Coincidence? No such thing :)

• 5 weeks later...

Turns out i am flying out to Missouri, instead of driving, so i won't be able to use the conference as an overnight stop. A shame, really, cauz i would have enjoyed it. But perhaps in the future...