An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Secret Catholic Celebrity For The

Cure of Ars

Jake Huether

Welcome flip!

C'mon. you don't know who that is? It's Chunk from the Goonies! Remember? He becomes best friends with Sloth.

God Conquers

InDEED's avatar is the best. He hooks Sloth up with a Baby Ruth and ends up saving the day!

littleflower+JMJ

for all of ya'll you haven't seen it....heres a pic of st. john vianney

stj18003.jpg

is that cool or is that cool? God is amazing! -_-

Cure of Ars

Dude...seriously...WHO IS IN YOUR AVATAR???

IT CREEPS ME OUT!!!

In a good way or a bad way?

I Kinda like it man.

Did you know that in the KJV, Psalm 46, if you count 46 words from the beggining there is the word shake, and 46 from the end there is the word speare.  Coinkidink?  Maybe....  Maybe not....

Jake,

I presented that fact to my Shakespeare professor this past semester...she was sooooooo impressed...it was the greatest feet of butt-kissing I have ever accomplished!

actually, from what I hear, Shakespeare actually helped translate the KJV bible, as the king had the most brilliant men of the time work on the project. and he put the Psalm 46 thing in their himself. but, if it's not the truth, it's a pretty cool legend to say the least.

and by the way, from what I could make out, Willie was about 50% Catholic and 50% protestant in his plays as a whole...in my opinion he was just trying as hard as he could to please the monarch of the moment and not get his head chopped off. the various rulers drastically shifted between catholicism and protestantism during Shakespeare's era, and I think he was just trying to keep up (or go against?) the "mandatory" faith during the time he was writing his plays.

IcePrincessKRS

Incorruptables, by Joan Carol Cruz is a good one--not sure if the one referred to in this thread, but I'm guessing it is. :lol:

• 14 years later...