An Old School Catholic Message Board

Confirmation Names

BlondewithaBrain

littleflower+JMJ

Me too!

It's almost my 5 month Confirmation anniversary!

congratulations!!!

HIP HIP HORRAY!!

HIP HIP HORRAY!!

HIP HIP HORRAY!!

:D

congratulations!!!

HIP HIP HORRAY!!

HIP HIP HORRAY!!

HIP HIP HORRAY!!

:D

wow it's really late

i thought u were saying "HIP HOP ROSARY"

anyway, mine's Aloysius, i picked it cause i had an uncle named it and it was an odd name, i didn't know anything about the saint. when i decided on it i just hadta make sure it was a saint's name, which i just asked my mom and she said yep, so i picked it. never found out about him. in fact, i didn't even decide which Aloysius it was until recently, i chose Aloysius Gonzaga!!!!! yeah willguy!

Mad props to my bro Aloysius. Aloysius Gonzaga roxxors my boxxors (don't ask me, I picked it up from my roomate last year). Although, after a little searching, I found like 9 St. or Bl. Aloysiuses, and many of them were canonized/beatified by JPII. they all rock (which should go without saying... I mean, c'mon, they're saints and blesseds, they gotta be cool). Anyways, its getting late, and I still need to say the Rosary before I go to bed, so I'll catch ya'll lata.

Mine is Aloysius (for St. Aloysius Gonzaga).  I choose him for several reasons:

1.  My sister just went with Mary (her middle name is Marie), and my parents expected me to go with Francis (as that is my middle name).  I, however, did not want to just choose a name because I was expected to.

2.  I wanted an unusual name.  So, I went to an Encyclopedia and started looking through the saints that they had there.  The name Aloysius stuck out to me.  I liked his story, partly because it was similar to St. Francis of Assisi's (giving away his wealth).  When I found out that he was the patron saint of youth and that he had died by contracting the plague from victims that he had dedicated his life to helping, I knew that this was the guy I wanted.

And that is why I am William Francis Aloysius Dotson.

sta08018.jpg

Wow! My middle name is Francis! I chose him as my Patron, for confirmation. But not just because it's my middle name. I love St. Francis! I have a connection with him.

Him and me are like this **twists pointer finger and middle finger**.

LOL!

Now, who's old enough to have been actually slapped by the Bishop?

I wasn't, but they told me about it, and I was scared! :rolleyes:

IcePrincessKRS

The Bishop slapped us when we were confirmed. Not hard, it was really just a tap. But he did it all the same.

Confessionator741

BlondewithaBrain

I can really only offer one bit of help.

Find a saint that means alot to you.

I choose St. Michael the Arch Angle bcause he is there to protect me in my battles.

If it means something to you, then it will be the perfect name.

Check out www.catholicity.com and find a link from there to a saints page...

it will give you the Dlow on any saint you could think of.

I bid you good luck in your search

B

Mine is Maria Goretti,

my mothers is Veronica

my older sister's is Antonia

my younger sister's is Agnes

You can also choose a male saint

my Dad chose Cosmos

one of my brothers chose Christopher,

another brother chose Blaze

and another brother chose Maximillian Kolbe (I think... not positive on this one)

How many siblings do you have???? :huh: :D

littleflower+JMJ

How many siblings do you have???? :huh: :D

in total theres 12 of them vera.

6 girls and 6 boys.

cool huh?

i want that many kids when i get married!!

and be just as cool as anna is too!!

ThereseFlower

I will be confirmed this coming Easter, and picking a saint has been on my mind for MONTHS already!

My baptismal saint was St. Therese, the Little Flower. My actual first and middle names are Theresa Rose. So... although she IS my absolute FAVORITE, I think it would be very redundant to have her as my confirmation saint too. I mean, it isn't a bad idea, but she is my name already!

So, I have had a few in mind. I really like Cecilia because she is the patroness of music, and I am huge on music. Maria Goretti is great because she was so brave unto the last moments of her life. Catherine of Bologna I love because she is the patroness of visual arts, and I am an art student. Joan of Arc is a favorite because she took a stand for what she believed in and saved many people. Veronica showed mercy to Jesus, just when His humiliation was at its greatest. Michael is amesome because I always feel like he is there to protect me. Brigid is close to my heart because I am Irish and she is the patroness of Ireland.

I mean, how can I choose!? :wacko:

Oh well. I think my RCIA teacher will help me when it is time to choose. ^_^

Edited for spelling

Edited by ThereseFlower

littleflower+JMJ

early congrats Therese flower for the upcoming sacrament!!

i must say! EXCELLENT choice!!

st. therese is also my saint.

i will be praying for you!!

and know your phamily is proud of you!

:D :D

God bless!

+JMJ

Veronica showed mercy to Jesus, just when His humiliation was at its greatest.

is she a saint?

i guess i would assume so, just never thought of it. did they ever cannonize her or anything?

ThereseFlower

is she a saint?

i guess i would assume so, just never thought of it. did they ever cannonize her or anything?

I believe she is. I haven't found anything that says she isn't, unless I am thinking of the wrong Veronica! :blink:

I dunno when she was canonized. Maybe a very long time ago? Sorry I can't be more forthcoming with information backup...still a n00b. ::blush::

Thx, flowery. ^_^ Your words mean a lot. :wub:

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Thats amesome Dust, I chose St. Micheal the Archangel also. When iwas younger I read about him and I thought he was really cool. I see him as the protector of the Church and the Faithful. I have interest in defending Catholicism and Micheal protects me in battle.