An Old School Catholic Message Board

Confirmation Names

BlondewithaBrain

IcePrincessKRS

Thanks for answering for me Flowery! :) I'm the second oldest out of 12. :)

TheDude, that wasn't dUSt's post. That was Confessionator. ;) The avatar threw me off at first, then I noticed dUSt had changed his to the Phatmass CD art. lol

I chose St. Therese.

I couldn't decide between St. Therese and St. Teresa. I love them both!

Then I read in STOTY OF A SOUL how Therese was named for Teresa, and had a special devotion to her her whole life.

So I chose St. Therese and in that way I'm also connected to St. Teresa.

Gotta love the little flower!

Gotta love Teresa's wit and hot-tempered yet good-natured Spanish Temper!

I picked St. Elizabeth of Hungary. 1)It's my middle name. 2)Her story has always been one of my favorites. 3)I couldn't find the patron saint of Theater Arts\Drama.

Does anyone know who the patron saint of Theater\Drama is? Or the patron of Music?

IcePrincessKRS

Does anyone know who the patron saint of Theater\Drama is?  Or the patron of Music?

Art Catherine of Bologna

Artists Luke

Musicians/Music Cecelia, Gregory, Arnulf of Soissons, Benedict Biscop, Dunstan, Genesius of Rome, Notkar Balbulus, Paul the Apostle

Actors Genesius

I picked St. Catherine of Siena b/c our teacher told us that girls couldn't have guy saints (I wanted Maximilian Kolbe), so I picked my patron saint. (Katrina is a form of Catherine)

The more I got to learning about her, she's pretty cool! One of the few women doctors of the church, she bossed the pope around.. :P

I kinda adopted Max, too.. so when people ask what my Confirmation name is, I can say "Katrina Linn Catherine Maximilian" :D

I chose St. Dominic because of his loyalty to Our Lady and his strong and fevrent desire to preach and right the wrongs of his time (which were a bunch of different heresies all over the place).

He was THE biggest promoter of the Rosary and I also thought Dominicans friars had really cool robes too. :D

post-6-1066790095.jpg

IcePrincessKRS

:huh: CAN girls have guy confirmation names???

i knever knew that!

Yup, anyone can choose any sait they want. I think its pretty much common practice to keep to girl saints if you're a girl and guy saints if you're a guy--it may have even been a "rule" at one point, I'm not really sure. But I do know lots of girls who have chosen male saints for their Conrifmation patrons.

I chose Maria Goretti because I wanted a holy and pure role model. If I had known at the time that I could choose a male saint I may have chosen Augustine. He was very human, he had his faults but he overcame them. Very cool. :) Or maybe St. Jude... we all know what he's the patron of. lol

littleflower+JMJ

Yup, anyone can choose any sait they want. I think its pretty much common practice to keep to girl saints if you're a girl and guy saints if you're a guy--it may have even been a "rule" at one point, I'm not really sure. But I do know lots of girls who have chosen male saints for their Conrifmation patrons.

I chose Maria Goretti because I wanted a holy and pure role model. If I had known at the time that I could choose a male saint I may have chosen Augustine. He was very human, he had his faults but he overcame them. Very cool. :) Or maybe St. Jude... we all know what he's the patron of. lol

thats cool! i didn't know that...

though i do have alot of saints who are guys who are my tight buds..

st. anthony, st. jude, st. thomas more, st. thomas aquanis, st. michael......

and the list continues

:unsure:

IcePrincessKRS

dominic

:o Ohh, my bad I thought you chose St. Christopher.... maybe it was because you had Fr. Chris for your sponsor? (Did you have Fr. Chris? Sheesh... now I'm not even sure of that! lol)

My confirmation name's Veronica, b/c when I was little my Grandma would always take me to her prayer hour. I loved doing the stations of the cross, and she told me the story w/ Veronica, and I wanted to have that kind of humility. First to step up and offer comfort to someone who was unjustly condemed, but also to give all I can offer to Christ. The thing is when I got confirmed I didn't really know how important humility is and how much I'm in need of it.