An Old School Catholic Message Board

Regnum Christi

Dudette

I'm not a member,but hear great things about it.

It's the laymen side of the Legionnaires of Christ, who are awesome. It was just recognized by the Vatican recently as "official".

Opps, my spelling was horrible..."Have hear"...man oh man.

Back to the topic. That's wicked! Well, at least some of you have heard of it. If you want to know more....here's their webpage. Awesome movement! :D

[url="http://www.regnumchristi.org/"]http://www.regnumchristi.org/[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

You don't really "sign up" for Regnum Christi. Here's a link for more information[url="http://www.regnumchristi.org"]Regnum Christi[/url].

If you search on the site, it'll give you a lot more info about what RC does. It's a bit bigger of a step than just signing up. It's a lifetime committment, sort of like joining a religious order, but on a lay level. You can contact someone through the site to see if there are any RC people in your area.

I'm in Regnum Christi, and this year I'm doing a volunteer program with them. I'm working in Chicago helping with Catholic girls clubs and evangelization missions downtown. It's awesome!!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me. Right now I'm living with the Consecrated women of Regnum Christi (kind of like nuns), so I have the inside scoop!

Edited by morostheos

melporcristo

It is good to hear some involved with RC. I have been praying a lot about becoming consecrated ... I will be going to a Come and See retreat this Feb. in Rhode Island and I am super exited about that. I just wish I didn't have to have so many student loans because I have to get those paid off in order to join an order. Its been bugging me a lot lately. Please pray for me on this.
I also really would like to wear a habit. It sounds weird I know, but I feel that if we are Christs' brides we should wear them as a sign of purity and obedience. So there is lots to pray about.
Besides that, RC rocks! :P

Edited by melporcristo

Thats awesome that you want to wear a habit. I have a friend who is going into the Sisters of Mercy in Alma Michigan September 1st and she LOVES the habits...sweet.

Technically, the "Consecrated Women" of Regnum Christi are not religious. They are lay women who make promises (not vows) of the evangelical councils. They are what is called a secular institute but live in community with apostolates. So, they can't wear a habit because they aren't religious.
I'd thought about Regnum Christi myself because I was really impressed by them but I agree, I'd want to wear a habit and to have the graces and stability of the vows.

• 2 weeks later...