An Old School Catholic Message Board

Regnum Christi

Dudette

• 2 weeks later...
missionarybelle

Im not in Regnum Christi but I'm in the younger girl's version called ECYD and a team leader in Challenge girls club. I Love the consecrated ladies they are amazing women of Faith!!

• 8 months later...

[quote name='Madonna' date='Dec 13 2004, 05:28 PM']I am in Regnum Christi.  :D
[right][snapback]449622[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Do you like it ? I honestly do not know what to think of it.
There are a few sites on the Internet that feature "horror stories."

I am confused as to what to believe.
Coutd you tell us about your experiences?

I was in RC for about two years. I was a team leader for the Challenge Club. That was fun, but I am glad I did not officially incorporate in RC. All I can say is that it is not for everyone. I really wouldn't recommend it to an individual with a family who's whole family is not involved, because it will certainly take you away from your family for too much time otherwise, in my opinion. I enjoyed the time I spent with Regnum Christi, but I am very glad that I personally did not incorporate. :)

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Oct 7 2005, 07:10 PM']Do you like it ? I honestly do not know what to think of it.
There are a few sites on the Internet that feature "horror stories."

I am confused as to what to believe.
Coutd you tell us about your experiences?
[right][snapback]749882[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I am in RC, I LOVE it. I wish I could be more involved but in my area there is practically nothing.

Do not believe any word of those "horror stories" If you want good information, go to trust worthy, completely orthodox sites.

I've even discerned with Regnum Christi, and though it wasn't my vocation, I learned [i]a lot[/i] and can help others with all that I've learned.

Like Totus Tuus said, it's not for everyone. Though what she said about it taking you away from your family, it really depends on how much/often you go to what they offer. You may be asked to go, but you're not [b]forced[/b] to go. It's not inevitable that you'll be taken from your family, I actually highly doubt that. Some people have different experiences. Overall, Regnum Christi is amazing, I suggest you go to one of their retreats. :)