An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help Stop Female Genital Mutilation

Good Friday

Did you know about FGM prior to reading this?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I also disagree with what you've all said about me, but I'm not going to argue with you over your assaults on my character.  They stand on their own as malicious and foolish proof of your own distance from Christ.  At least I admit my distance.  That's more than I can say for the rest of you, who think you're pious when you're really no better than I am.

Now THAT is judgmental. Who are you to think you know our hearts? No one here thinks they're more pious than anybody else! And how do you know we're so far from Christ? Actually, I think your guilt is burdening you so bad that you have to act like everyone else is in the state of mortal sin too just to comfort yourself and salve your conscience. Please change your attitude; I'm sick of it, and so is everyone else.

Nathan,

You posted

I'm not going to be the one saying: "SHUT UP YOU FREAKING IDIOT!" and things of that nature.

I am the one that will say that. If the shoe fits, wear it. The things you posted are more vile and ugly.

You post opinion, and others are free to post their opinion about your opinion. Defend it or not, that is your choice. I know how far and how close I stand by Christ. I know how much I love my daughters, wife, mother, and grandmothers. I don't need this carp from some teenager who hasn't been married for 20 years, or fathered and parented two daughters for 18 years. I don't think dUSt deserves it either, or any husband or parent:

Perhaps if it were your wife or mother, you would react differently? Or perhaps not.
or this
A friend of mine told me that some of the pro-lifers don't care about the woman, only the fetuses, and not even those once they've been born. I told her she was wrong. Was she?
I also wanted to post my opinion on this comment by you?
I don't think we should put an end to the less-than-hygienic circumcision until FGM is stopped. Actually, I think we should go a step higher and start castrating the pigs until they stop mutilating their women. But that's just me.

And this suggestion by you was sophmoric as was explained to you. I have FAMILY in countries that suffered US econmic sanctions, including Iraq. My grandparents and mother-in-law suffered under imposed economic sanctions. My grandparents lost brothers, sisters, parents, nieces and nephews to starvation from economic warfare. It violent war against the innocents so the ignorant self-righteous, like you, can feel good about not shooting a bullet.

What we need to do is impose economic sanctions on governments that allow or turn a blind eye to the practice. In the following countries, 90% or more women are subjected to FGM: Djibouti, Ethiopia, Sierra Leone, Somalia, and Sudan. You can't tell me that these countries couldn't do something about this widespread practice. It's not a question of inability, it's a question of unwillingess. Perhaps when they're not receiving any aid and/or when they're unable to trade with significant members of the international community, this issue will become more important to them.
I'm also not going to be patient with your twisted and cunning slander of the Catholic Church with posts such as this:
Hopefully the Catholic Church will join the battle against FGM, rather than continuing to bellow about abortion as if that's the only problem in the world.

Personally, I'm not willing to entrust this issue solely to the Catholic Church. How long have missionaries been in countries like Sudan, Ethiopia, Sierra Leone? And yet 90% or more of the women in those countries are subjected to these procedures. Obviously, the Catholic Church is not doing well.

In my opinion, and as posted by others, this is the point. The Catholic Church holds all life as inherently sacrad. Wether female, male, born, unborn, concieved, potentially concieved, gay, straight, bi-sexual, molester, murderer, healer, or saint. It is our gift to God. When you get over your blindness to the fact the Church wants to seperate the sin from the sinner, and get over you bitterness, it will be obvious to you too. You SSA is a cross, not a sin, unless you choose to take action to make it a part of you. When you post this:

I'm pro-choice, so I totally disagree with the abortion thing. But that's not the point.
you post about my flesh and blood family who were murdered because their mothers were told by people like you it was okay and moral. My wife and one of my God-sons are some of those inconvenient people who could easily have died in the womb and never known God's love. Selfishly, I cry at the thought I may not ever have known the love of my wife.

When you post 'I'm pro-choice, so I totally disagree with the abortion thing.' while cloaking yourself as being more moral or a better person then the rest of us, my opininion is:

SHUT UP YOU FREAKING IDIOT!

I think it conveys my horror, shock, and anger quite well. Coming from me, I hope it shocks you and makes you consider the reasons for it. It is you who wants to paint us more sinful than you so you can feel comfortable and justifed to act on your SSA and for leaving the Catholic Church that loves you for who you are and simple wants to help you be everything God has enabled you to be.

Greg

Edited by jasJis