An Old School Catholic Message Board

Future Nun Support Group

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

For the times when things get hard and you want to talk to people in the same boat ^_^
Just thought I'd leave it here for your needs!

I know I was talking to ForHimAlone about this... Just so we can talk and stuff... maybe meet for coffee (ewww...) or something in the future, and have a big ol' party!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
:D Okay!

I need to get some stuff off my chest...
My thing that has been weighing on my concious lately is my 10 year old sister... she has never really been away from me, and she hates me dad and my mom is so stressed because my dad doesn't do anything and I feel bad leaving... :(

Angel, that is a really tough spot to be in. I think that most of us, if we do leave for the convent, will have to deal with some uneasiness and maybe even guilt about the ones we left behind. For instance, I can't help but wonder how much pain I would be causing my dad because he has problems with depression and my leaving would be a big concern of his. I will sometimes feel guilty about it and torment myself over it, but in the end, the pursuit of Christ comes first.

It is good that we shoul worry about our fellow humans, especially our family, but I think we just need to follow where the Lord is leading us and trust Him to take care of the rest. This is an extremely hard thing to do, and you are such a wonderful big sister to be so concerned for you little sister! Just know that through all these difficult times our Lord will pull you closer and closer to Himself. We somtimes must part from the ones we love so that He can be our one Love. We may feel unhappiness and discontent, but just as a parent comforts their distressed child, so will the Lord Jesus, our future Spouse, comfort you.

I hope this helps!

daugher-of-Mary

Wonderful idea! Count me in! ^_^

Angela,
Prayers for you dear. -_- Trusting good God to take care of all the family stuff is SO hard. I'm in the same situation as you are with my little sis who is very close to me...I know our Beloved will provide for everything, but it is tough to leave EVERYTHING in His hands.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Thanks for the advice... ^_^ I really appriciate it!

I'll see what happens when I talk to mom over break...

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I have the perfect 4 day weekend to go visit too! I just hope that I can go!

Pray for my mom, that she may accept my vocation and allow this trip!

I'm def here!

I think I know what you mean, Angela. It will be really hard on my 13 year old brother when I leave, not to mention my mom and dad. He'll just be starting high school then, and it's not like it really means anything for me to say 'you can always write!' because he's not much of a writer anyway, and I'd be surprised if he started to all of a sudden.

Anyway, I feel bad about leaving, but really, I feel guiltier because my excitement about leaving by far outweighs my guilt for it. By a long shot. I suppose that could change, though.

Please pray for me. I'll be visiting the cloistered Trappestine nuns at the Monastery of Our Lady of the Mississippi over Christmas break in Dubuque, Iowa. I'm so excited!! Also, please pray that my dad will come to support a vocation to the contemplative life!

ThyWillBeDone

I just wanted to let all of you know you will be in my prayers. I am currently a seminarian so in some ways I know what you are all going throught, trying to disern God's call and dealing with peoples' reactions to it, but in other ways being a seminarian is very different. But my point is I can appreciate the struggles you are going throught and will keep you in my prayers.
God Bless