An Old School Catholic Message Board

Red Alert! Terri To Die 2:oo Pm Today

Donna

I dunno.

Greed?

I just don't understand it...just like I don't understand this whole ugly decision against human life.

I can't imagine a case strong enough to merit starving someone to death.

Why, they wouldn't do that to a condemned murder/rapist!

Yet, to an innocent, suffering soul.

I feel that Terri suffers along with the Crucified Christ, in atonement for our sins & those of the world...

Even now, as her dignity is stripped from her, and as she begins to thirst with succour, I hope that the heavenly angels attend her...

CatholicAndFanatical

I wrote to the Judges yesterday, not that they read it, but in the subject I told them to allow her to see a Priest. There was some reports that she wasnt able to see a Priest or recieve the Sacraments.

but in my email I told them that even Jeffrey Domer was able to have a Priest present, but yet they wont let an innocent woman have peace when they do this.

Im just getting nervous to whats coming up next. If anything else major happens in the next 6 months im gonna flip.

CatholicAndFanatical

nah, im going insane with ya..I need to know more people..maybe I should travel around the country and meet all the congressmen and governors..that way anything like this happens I know who and how to call them and slap em into shape.

Oh, so I'm not the only one who feels like I'm losing my mind over this...... :huh:

Good!

Misery loves company!  :lol:

nope, i'm seriously going crazy

Me too. I don't even feel like eating. I feel self conscious, like, who am I to be eating, when there is someone out there who is being forced to starve!

I wish there were something I could physically do.

I would seriously consider kidnapping her, if I was in Florida. The I would take her to another country's hospital and reattach the tube. If I had the money. Then I'd let her LIVE. And I take her out on sunny days to see the birds, and feel the cool breeze on her face.

God! That's all she needs to live.

What a wicked, EVIL husband she has. Lord change him! Show him his sins Lord. Convict his heart! Amen.

Me too.  I don't even feel like eating.  I feel self conscious, like, who am I to be eating, when there is someone out there who is being forced to starve! 

I wish there were something I could physically do.

I would seriously consider kidnapping her, if I was in Florida.  The I would take her to another country's hospital and reattach the tube.  If I had the money.  Then I'd let her LIVE.  And I take her out on sunny days to see the birds, and feel the cool breeze on her face. 

God!  That's all she needs to live.

What a wicked, EVIL husband she has.  Lord change him!  Show him his sins Lord.  Convict his heart!  Amen.

Amen.

I feel like you do Jake.

I'm in Florida. But there's not much i can do.

She wasn't covered here in Miami's newspapers.

It was all eclipsed by the Marlins game.

That's just not fair. Life's not fair.... <_<

God is!

God's will be done!

cmotherofpirl

Just Received from the Thomas More Law Center

ADVERTISEMENT

Former Prosecutor of Jack Kevorkian Delivers Emergency Letters Urging

Governor Jeb Bush To Intervene in Terri Schiavo Euthanasia Case

ANN ARBOR, MI –Richard Thompson, responsible for the initial

prosecutions of Jack Kevorkian, now Chief Counsel of the Thomas More

Law Center, delivered two emergency letters to Florida Governor Jeb

Bush Wednesday evening and Thursday morning, outlining the

constitutional authority of the Governor to intervene in the case of

Terri Schiavo, including a factual basis for initiating a criminal

investigation. The letters were prepared hours after a feeding tube

was removed from Schiavo, depriving her of food and water, leaving

her to starve to death unless immediate action is taken.

Recognizing the emotional and political issues involved, the two

letters explain that the Florida Governor has authority under the

Florida Constitution to intervene, and urged him to initiate a

criminal investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement

based on a growing list of facts which suggest criminal wrongdoing

and a conflict of interest on the part of Terri Shiavo's husband

and guardian Michael Shiavo.

Joining Thompson in the letters were former federal prosecutors

Edward White III and Robert Muise. White served as Assistant U.S.

Attorney for the Middle District of Florida, and Muise served as

Special Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of North

Carolina. Both now work under Thompson at the Thomas More Law Center,

a national public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, MI. Based on

the extensive law enforcement experience of the attorneys involved,

the letters set forth facts and steps upon which a formal criminal

investigation should be initiated.

The letters assert that the facts of the case clearly establish

probable cause to initiate a formal criminal investigation, and call

on the Governor to direct the Florida Department of Law Enforcement

to conduct a full investigation of the facts and circumstances of the

case, including securing search warrants, interviewing witnesses and

medical experts, and to take measures to prevent future harm to Ms.

Schiavo pending the outcome of the investigation.

Thompson noted in the supplemental letter that he was responsible for

the initial prosecutions of Jack Kevorkian, and that in at least one

case of physician-assisted suicide, the wife was a victim of domestic

violence, and her death was used as a cover-up for the husband's

wrongdoing.

In a statement Thursday morning, Thompson urged the Florida Governor

to review the letters, and take immediate steps to intervene in the

case. "It seems prudent under the circumstances that the

presumption for life should prevail and a formal "time-out" should

take place, allowing for a formal criminal investigation by the

Florida Department of Law Enforcement and allow Terri's parents to

administer the necessary rehabilitation services to determine if Ms.

Schiavo is able to ingest food on her own."

I just received this email update on Terri this morning.

> Mary Ann Kreitzer

> Les Femmes

> Woodstock, VA

> In the Diocese of Arlington, VA

> www.lesfemmes-thetruth.org

>

> "The first law of history is not to dare to utter falsehood; the second,

not

> to fear to speak the truth." Pope Leo XIII

>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jackie Doucette"

>

>

> Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 10:46 PM

>

> Subject: [cathmedia] Update on Terri

>

> Mary Ann, Thank you for your excellent work on behalf of Terri and her

> family. I just returned from the 4th night of the vigil. Terri's family

> was there and many supporters. Terri is running a fever. Her father was

> telling us that Terri's face is very red and hot. He said that a "death

> squad" nurse was sitting on a chair reading a book while Terri was

> suffering. Her father cried as he was telling us the situation. He told

> the nurse that Terri had a high fever and to help her - the nurse said

> nothing and continued reading her book. He wondered how anyone could be

so

> heartless.

>

> Around midnight, a K-9 patrol car showed up. The dogs were barking loudly

> in the car. I took photos of the K-9 cruiser- I just couldn't believe

that

> this was happening.

>

> Terri's father said that attorney George Felos is paying for the police to

> guard the hospice. Each night there are about 20 police men and woman

> guarding hospice, plus a K-9 unit. All compliments of Mr. Felos. The

> funds to pay for the police come directly from the trust fund that was

> established for Terri's rehab and care.

>

> This afternoon, a man came to the vigil with a box of 24 roses. the roses

> were placed near a large color photo of Terri and her mother. There is a

> novena to St. Therese (Little Flower) in which you praying 24 Glory Be's.

> We prayed this novena last week on the eve of the federal court hearing.

>

> Please continue praying for Terri and her family. The family is suffering

> so much.

>

> Jackie Doucette

CatholicAndFanatical

I feel just like Jake does. I ate last night like a madman, I couldnt believe it, I felt sooo bad. I'll fix that today though and offer it up to her.

You know what was wierd, I had an idea. An idea that just might work to save Terri.

I wont say God spoke to me, but when I woke up this morning I had the very strong urge to go to Florida for the weekend.

I would go to the hospice and declare that I will not eat nor drink until that tube is replaced inside Terri. If she has to starve to death, an innocent woman, then I will to.

If the media caught wind of this they would react, why wouldnt they, they broadcasted alot about a guy that went on a hunger strike living in a tree for 3 months to save tree's. Why wouldnt this save Terri?

Not only would they have terris' blood on their hands but mine as well. Maybe others will join me and it would force them to take action. They wont let other innocent people die right on tv.

But that was my urge this morning. Not sure what to make of it, I just never really thought about something that drastic before. But if I did have an opportunity to do that I would. I dunno, maybe it is a call..what do you all think?

God Bless

omigosh, what've y'all been doing...well, i haven't time to read now either.

gone for two and a half days and wow...

please keep praying.

p.s. i regret the topic title 'terri to die at 2 pm'... copuldn't fit 'remove feeding tube'

or figure out how to do it so very late at night. mea culpa, brutha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATTERS OF LIFE AND DEATH

Lawyers: Bush can step in for Schiavo

Briefs on behalf of brain-damaged starving woman urge criminal probe

Posted: October 16, 2003

4:35 p.m. Eastern

By Sarah Foster

© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

Florida Gov. Jeb Bush has the authority and the legal obligation to use his executive powers to halt the death of Terri-Schindler-Schiavo and to launch a criminal investigation into the case, according to attorneys queried by the governor's legal office yesterday.

"Not only does the governor have such power, but the governor has the constitutional duty to prevent any action taken pursuant to such a court order, because such action would violate Ms. Schindler-Schiavo's constitutionally guaranteed 'inalienable right to enjoy and defend life' regardless of her 'physical disability' as secured by Article 1 Section 2 of the Florida State Constitution," wrote constitutional attorney Herb Titus, of Chesapeake, Va., in a memorandum faxed to the governor's legal office.

Titus, one of the constitutional experts contacted by the governor's office, represents Judge Roy Moore in his battle over the 10 Commandments monument in Montgomery, Ala.

Attorney Richard Thompson, who heads the Thomas More Law Center, a public-interest law firm in Ann Arbor, Mich., noted in a letter that Terri is "a victim of abuse and neglect," and under Florida law, "it is a crime to abuse or neglect a disabled adult" and to encourage another person to do so.

He further called on the governor to launch a full-scale criminal investigation into the circumstances of the case "and to take measures to prevent future harm to Ms. Schiavo pending the outcome of the investigation."

Terri's life-sustaining feeding tube was removed yesterday afternoon in compliance with a judge's order as her mother and husband, Michael Schiavo, who demanded the removal, looked on. Although Terri is well into the second day of forced starvation, it's not too late for Bush to take the woman into protective custody and halt the death process.

But the clock is ticking. Without food and water, doctors say the 39-year-old brain-disabled woman will die within seven to 14 days. The documents were made public today at a noon press conference outside the Hospice of the Florida Sun Coast's Woodside Facility in Pinellas Park, where Terri has resided since April 2000.

Bush has insisted that his hands are tied and Terri's fate is "in the hands of the court." However, he met yesterday morning with Terri's parents, Robert and Mary Schindler, and assured them that if there were some way he could intervene he would do so, and she could have her feeding tube reinstalled.

Randall Terry, noted pro-life activist and founder of Operation Rescue, accompanied the Schindlers at their meeting with Bush.

Terry told WorldNetDaily, "We put the question to him: If there was a legal means for you to intervene and it did not violate the separation of powers, and you were in fact upholding your oath of office, would you do it? He said, 'Yes. I would be very interested. Let us know.'"

Terry said there were "crews working all night, different law firms putting together legal briefs, memoranda of law showing that he does in fact have the constitutional authority, even the duty, to intervene on Terri's behalf. So his legal people have all of those memoranda right now, and we're just hoping and praying that he will step up to the plate, issue the order and rescue Terri."

As WorldNetDaily reported, the Schindlers have been fighting with their son-in-law for 10 years over the lack of care and therapy Schiavo has provided for their daughter, who suffered massive brain damage when she collapsed at her home 13 years ago under mysterious circumstances at the age of 26.

The contentious family dispute escalated into a major euthanasia battle in May 1998, when Schiavo petitioned the Florida courts for permission to end his wife's life by disconnecting her feeding tube, insisting she is in a "persistent vegetative state" and that in casual conversations she had told him she would not want to be kept alive "artificially." Although Terri breathes on her on and maintains her own blood pressure, she requires a simple tube into her abdomen to her stomach for nourishment and hydration.

Although Terri's parents and siblings have claimed for years that she recognizes them and tries to talk, and over a dozen prominent doctors and therapists have stated under oath that she is not in a persistent vegetative state and with therapy could be rehabilitated, a handful of doctors have testified she is "vegetative." They claim her expressions and vocalizations are simply reflex actions and she will never regain consciousness. Despite a scarcity of expert testimony and evidence for Schiavo's position, the Florida courts have consistently sided with him and attorney George Felos.

When the seven-member Florida Supreme Court in August turned down a petition by the Schindlers to review the case, the way was clear for Schiavo to order his wife starved to death.

On Sept. 17, Judge Greer scheduled Oct. 15 as the day Terri's feeding tube would be removed.

The memoranda and other legal documents and information on Terri's fight for life are posted on the family's website.

I'm surprised that the what the Thomas More legal society is doing now was not attempted earlier.

A lot of people are going to answer for this.

And with the K-9 patrols...it looks like the SS is reincarnated....

I'm so sad for Terri's family. I think Terri will be received right into Heaven. This whole thing is terribly unjust . . . she is a Martyr of the Culture of Death.

Here is an article on AOL (I was afraid of that) here is the text:

Parents Have Hope for Comatose Daughter

The Associated Press

PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (Oct. 17) - Mary Schindler leaned over her daughter, trying to coax a word or a smile from the 39-year-old woman the way a mother would try to prompt a response from a baby.

"Mommy loves you,'' Schindler told her daughter, as she nuzzled her on the cheek. Terri Schiavo moaned and blinked during the session, secretly recorded more than two years ago by the Schindlers.

Through six years of legal battles, Bob and Mary Schindler have never given up hope that their daughter, who has been in a vegetative state since 1990 after a heart attack, might one day be able to talk, or that the courts would stop their son-in-law Michael Schiavo from ending her life.

Michael Schiavo has won the legal fight. A feeding tube that kept his wife alive was disconnected Wednesday, and doctors say she will die within two weeks without it.

The Schindlers still hope their daughter can be saved.

"It's an emotional roller coaster,'' Bob Schindler said. "I go one day at a time.''

A judge denied an effort Friday by the Schindlers to reinsert the feeding tube. The last-minute legal tactic would have directed Gov. Jeb Bush to intervene in the case, supporters of Schiavo's parents said. Judge Jonathan Sjostrom quickly rejected the request.

The Schindlers said they would take the argument to the 1st District Court of Appeal in Tallahassee.

Terri Schiavo's husband says he is carrying out his wife's wishes that she not be kept alive artificially. Her parents believe she responds to them and could benefit from therapy. They have been encouraged by her moans and groans, by what they see as a smile or a tear, and by what they believe is an occasional word from their daughter. But doctors say it's all reflexes.

The Schindlers have received support from many corners. Anti-abortion activists are helping them stand 24-hour vigils outside the hospice where Terri is. Thousands have sent them e-mails and messaged Bush in support.

Bush has been sympathetic to the Schindlers' efforts but said he has found no legal means to override the courts.

Make Your Opinion Count

Get the day's hottest story delivered to your e-mail box — then vote, chat and post.

Pat Anderson, the Schindlers' attorney, said she was not surprised by the judge's swift denial. The legal battle between the Schindlers and their son-in-law has passed through the hands of 19 separate judges and now six different courts.

On Thursday, Mary Schindler briefly visited her daughter, who was not responsive, family supporters said.

"Her mother's a wreck,'' said Randall Terry, a national anti-abortion activist who has taken on the Schindlers' cause.

The Schindlers have accused Michael Schiavo of wanting his wife dead so he can marry his girlfriend, with whom he has a child and another baby on the way. They have begged him to divorce Terri and let them care for her.

"This is not about the Schindlers' wishes, it's about Terri's wishes,'' said George Felos, the attorney for Michael Schiavo.

The Schindlers wanted the court to compel Bush to order an investigation into their allegations that Michael Schiavo has abused Terri Schiavo. They say they want the tube reinserted so law enforcement can investigate.

Michael Schiavo has adamantly denied mistreating his wife, and state police and prosecutors have declined to investigate the claims.

what is the silliest thing to me is how they keep referring to "Pro-Lifers" as "Anti-abortion activists" It seems particularly silly in this situation where we aren't opposing abortion, but we are standing up for Life . . . Pro-Life, it's what we are . . . Deal with it!

Mother Teresa used to have her nuns pray an "express" novena in times of great need. It was 9 Memorare's in a row repeated as many times as needed to get God to perform his miracle . . .

I'm gonna pray the Express Novena for her now . . . I'm not sure if I will repeat it non-stop . . . but I will say it everyday until she either enters into her Glory or is rescued from this tortuous starvation. May God have mercy on her horrible husband's soul.

Edited by BLAZEr

this death by starvation is 100 billion times her due purgatory in my mere mortal opinion

----:::::::---------------

----IIIIIII---------------

------IIII----------------

-------I-----II -------------

-------I__I------------

-------I--------------------

------II--------------------

i-----I-------------

anyway, i wish someone would do a hunger strike. thad be sooooo amesome, great idea C & F, if u did that, thad be soooooooooooooooooooo amesome

but we'd miss u here at PhatMass if the Culture of death just continued with it's court ordered cruel and unusual death without even paying attention to u

anyway, someone should do it! they'd be instantly cannonized in my book (i know it's the Church's book that matters, but my book is still kewl right? )

anyway, this is making me sick.

on monday and tuesday, i'm not eating anything. i don't think i' strong enough 2 go on a full hunger strike though.