An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Am So Sad

Lil Red

That fan had nothing to do with the Cubs losing. Did you stop and consider that if Gonzo had not bobbled the ball they could have turned the double play and ended the inning? I'm mean really, look at all the pictures that have been shown of this guy reaching for the ball. How many of the other fans around him were sitting on their hands? 99.9% of all baseball fans would have done the same thing. It seems a bit petty to blame a fan as the reason for the Cubs losing the series. There are a host of reasons, but some just want to blame it on the easiest scapegoat.

ummm . . . it looks like most of the fands around him are just sitting on their hands . . . in fact it looks like one guy is trying to push him away and save the day. And it looks like this guy is actually pushing the glove down!

Maybe you've never played Baseball Mp15 . . . but this guy is a loser . . .

:rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Keep on telling yourself that if it makes you feel any better.

Oh and by the way, I'm a huge baseball fan and was watching the game when it happened. All I saw over and over on the replays were a lot of arms in the air trying to catch the ball. I'm not sure what you were looking at, but I saw something totally different. The simple fact though is, it is just a game, get over it. I got it; let's just persecute the guy for being a fan (and by all accounts a huge Cubs fan) and wanting a souvenir. Sheesh.

littleflower+JMJ

haha i probably late and all but that was funny!

i can't believe that guy caught the ball!

oh well! if thats the way the ball bounces.................

:unsure:

Guest VölligChristi

I'm not too sure if some of you guys are kidding when you're saying that you are disgusted by this fan and can't believe he's Catholic...I really hope you are. There are far greater things to worry about and be upset about than a baseball game.

In the end it's just a game!...nearly not as important as the game of life.

Völlig Christi

Exactly Völlig!!

Look, the simple fact is that when people saw this ball coming their way they were reaching out to try and grab it. I have seen some photos that show people with their hands pulled back, probably due to the fact that they realized at the last second that it might be caught. But you can clearly see several people here with their arms extended trying to catch the ball. I think it very likely that the guy was telling the truth when he said he didn't see Alou coming. When your focusing on having a chance at catching a ball that was used in a playoff game I believe that tunnel vision kinda sets in. Anyway, that's my take. Lynching the guy for doing what most fans would do, over just a game seems kinda silly to me.

Edited by mp15

look, I'm not blaming the fan. In fact, all I said was "Stoopid boy" and that he didn't apologize. Well, I have to say I'm mistaken about the apology. I guess he did say he didn't know Alou was going for it. Have I condemned him? No. Am I blaming him for the Cubs losing the series? No.

Just a game? I'm sorry, but to fans like my husband who have been watching their whole lives, it is not just a game. I can understand people being upset.

No, it's not more important than living our lives. I never said that. But to some people it is more important than a lot of things. :)

BTW, my husband (who is a lifelong fan) and many other people who are die hard Cubs fans aren't blaming that fan.

And Vollig, when you say,

There are far greater things to worry about and be upset about than a baseball game. In the end it's just a game!...nearly not as important as the game of life.

you are absolutely correct. ;) But a lot of people have dreamt about this their whole lives. Do I understand that in the context of sports? No, because I'm not big into sports. But in the context of life? Yeah, I do understand. To want something to happen all your life, to have it within grasp, and then be denied? Yeah, that would be very painful, humiliating, embarrassing, and frustrating.

Anyway, I'm done with this. I'm still sad though that the Cubs lost. :(