An Old School Catholic Message Board

(Maybe) Innocent but feeling Guilty?

justfran

Is it just me or do you guys also sometimes feel guilty for mortal sins that you probably did not commit? Take impure thoughts for example - you could think maybe your head was up in the clouds somewhere and maybe you grabbed onto that thought for a moment because there was nothing that could distract you (maybe you were wearing "mental blinkers") and you thought repression would make it even worse. It's possible according to your memory, but a small voice inside of you says "LIAR", and you feel much better off not mentioning the possibilities in Confession and just say you're guilty and leave it at that.

OK so I havent been baptised yet so I can't go to Confession. Just wondering is all.

depending on the formation of the conscience of the individual, there can occasionally be a fine line between ackowledging mortal sin and being scrupulous. [url="http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=18215"][b]this thread[/b][/url] may help.

It doesn't really cover anything about the subconscious being in conflict with reason and stuff...(like if you feel like you're lying but reason tells you you're telling the truth)

Edited by justfran

i know how you feel. there are things that have happened to me awhile back and i cant really remember if i had full knowledge at the time, so it is quite confusing, but the best thing is to go to Confession any way.

Edited by Noel's angel