An Old School Catholic Message Board

Make's No Sense

Jake Huether

Why the heck to we have PETA, and activist groups against animal torture, yet allow for human babies to be tortured legally!?

I saw a news article on Yahoo about Pam Anderson causing a ruckus over KFC torturing chickens. So I posted this on the message site:

So Pam is all in a huff over people torturing chickens (animals mind you).

Well, that's all fine and dandy.

But while the KFC corp (worldwide) may torture a few thousand chickens anually. The US alone has tortured and killed above and beyond 45 MILLION unborn babies.

Why is it that ANIMALS have feelings enough for us to be sickened over them being tortured? But when it comes to a "Potential" (actually scientifically proven) human, it is much less than an animal while in the womb, and therefore we have a "right" to kill "it"! God have mercy on us. Where are our priorities.

Is an unborn baby dead? Or is it alive. If it is alive, yet not a human, then at the very least it is an animal! And if we have a "right" to kill unborn "human" animals, then what gives with the chickens!

Or are we to presume that abrotion doesn't torture the baby? Give me a break. Just read the facts. Failed abortions live to speak of the torture, when they are born with severe skin burns, or partially deformed!

It's as much of a "choice" that KFC torture their own chickens, as it is for a mother to abort "her" unborn baby.

If you believe in abortion, but support Pam in her effort, then you have a serious mental issue, and you will recieve my prayers.

God bless.

littleflower+JMJ

wow jake. great letter!

i feel the same way!!

they have their priorites soo wrong its sad.

they need to wake up.

before we can respect animals, we have to respect life!!!

sometimes animals have more rights than an unborn baby.

and thats just WRONG!!! :angry::angry:

pam and all them need to wake up and smell the coffee!!

<_<

littleflower+JMJ

I'm dues paying member of PETA.  I'm also pro-life.  Nothing innocent should be mistreated.

i wish all of them were like that hyper.

but i did research on this thing and some of those ppl are crazy!!

their model?

"A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. There is no rational basis for saying that a human being has special rights."

:wacko::wacko: :wacko:

It really makes me mad though. I mean, voters voted for rights for pregnant pigs rather than human BABIES!

And

whatever, i'm just plain angry at the world today. :angry::angry::angry:

Gonna pray a rosary, then come back refreshed...Sorrowful Mysteries today.... B)

cmotherofpirl

What PETA believes:

"PETA believes that animals deserve the most basic rights—consideration of their own best interests regardless of whether they are useful to humans. Like you, they are capable of suffering and have interests in leading their own lives; therefore, they are not ours to use—for food, clothing, entertainment, or experimentation, or for any other reason."

This, of course, directly contradicts some of the teaching of the Church on the place of animals in the world.

:lol: LOL hyper...

I still believe human unborn babies deserve life before animals do....

THIS IS A MESSED UP WORLD

where animals get rights before babies do, where babies are killed in the safest place they have: Their mother's womb. :ph34r:

cmotherofpirl

i know, they're wacky, but they do make the world safe for puppies.

Don't you think we ought to make the world safe for people first?

Well, Hyper, you definitely must be a rare bird among the PETA crowd! :P

But for many of them, they call killing animals murder and call killing babies choice. Oh, the hypocrisy! Oh, the humanity! :angry:

hyperdulia again

i don't get this either or stuff, i have the abality to realize that there is more than one issue the love of christ should push me to care about. abortion is a mortal sin. cruelty to animals can be a mortal sin. it is possible to be anti-abortion and anti-animal cruelty at once w/out detracting from the one to support the other.

i don't get this either or stuff, i have the abality to realize that there is more than one issue the love of christ should push me to care about.  abortion is a mortal sin. cruelty to animals can be a mortal sin.  it is possible to be anti-abortion and anti-animal cruelty at once w/out detracting from the one to support the other.

One would logically come to the conclusion that you are right, and it is JUST that simple...

But NOoooooOOOO! We humans have a way of complicating things up the ying yeng (sp?).

We have pro-lifers, who probably care less about how a puppy is maltreated. and we have peta people who could give a rats.... (hahahahaha - that's a good pun) about human babies!

But you are absolutly right. That's what's so friggin' frustratin'. People can't connect 2 and 2 together. We are all a bunch of hypocrite's (or should I say, hippo's - there that's enough puns for the day). ;) .

I think that unnecessary torture of an animal is bad. I don't go around twisting the heads off puppies . . . but there is a very BIG difference between twisting the head off a puppy and twisting the head off of a baby. First and foremost, one is a much much more serious sin. I know that no one is suggesting that they are equal, but it diminishes the subject to say "I'm against killing puppies just like I'm against killing babies."

That's like saying "I'm against over-eating just like I'm against starving a poor child to death." Both are sins, but one is a completely different sin. The problem is that we Americans have traded our humanity for sexual license and have thereby transmitted our humanity to the animals, which are not human.

PETA has this operating principle as its goal. To make the use of animals illegal, immoral and unacceptable. That means no eggs from chickens, no milk from cows, and you beaver dam well better forget the hamburger.

That animals have "feelings" is certain. They feel pain, just like our plant friends. The problem with PETA's logic is that it doesn't go far enough. Why stop with just saving our animal friends from torture and death. Lets save our vegetable friends too. Let's just destroy all humans because quite frankly they make this world a dangerous place to live for animals and plants. We horrible humans.

Which reminds me, what would PETA do with my dog who ate my neighbors cat? Should he be brought up on charges of crimes againt humanity in the Hague? I think its about time we make animals treat animals like we want people to treat animals!!

And I'm forming PETV . . . People for the Ethical Treatment of Vegetables . ..

Join me at www.petv.org . . . .!!!! It's a revolution baby! Save the baby carrots! Peas are People too! He's not a green bean, he's your brother! Pickle People not Cucumbers!!! Viva La Papaya!!

Edited by BLAZEr