An Old School Catholic Message Board

Scientists Create Human Male-female Hybrid

cmotherofpirl

cmotherofpirl

Scientists Create Human Male-Female Hybrid

By Bill Fancher and Jody Brown

July 10, 2003

(AgapePress) - Private researchers experimenting on human embryos have developed a being that is part male and part female.

A Chicago researcher, Dr. Norbert Gleicher of the Foundation for Reproductive Medicine, has announced the creation of "she-males," the result of injecting male cells into a female embryo. MSNBC reports that the work "provoked repulsion" when presented at a meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology in Madrid.

Dr. Nancy Jones, a pathologist at Wake Forest University in North Carolina and a member of the Christian Medical and Dental Associations, was shocked at Gleicher's announcement -- but says she expects such experiments will continue until federal regulations are enacted prohibiting them.

"They injected male cells -- probably a stem cell line -- into the embryo and then asked where these cells went. Similar experiments have been done on animals in developmental models," Jones says.

Researchers tracked the male cells for six days before destroying the human embryo. Jones, who serves on Wake Forest's standing committee for ethics in research, says U.S. law forbids such experiments when federal funds are involved. However, no restrictions apply for private facilities conducting this kind of research.

"There are no guidelines available for the privately-funded facilities -- it's just whoever they are beholden to, if they have some sort of ethics committee. To me it clearly shows that we need more comprehensive regulation on what is and isn't ethical research on the human embryo," Jones says.

According to Jones, researchers claimed they were seeking better treatments for single-cell disorders, but that in similar experiments on animals, their efforts resulted in high death rates.

I truely think we will see the second coming in our lifetime.

Sign of the beast is man trying to be God.

3 is the number of God.

7 is the perfect number.

6 is the number of man, falling just short of being perfect.

6 6 6 is man trying to make himself God.

Signs of the times.

When I was 19, I remember seeing on CNN how this company has created a chip that implants under the skin, and can house all of your financial info. A group in Europe was trying to push for a law to requrie everyone to get it.

The company is called Digital Angel Corporation. http://www.digitalangel.net

Not trying to alarm anyone or scare, just pointing out that this, with everything in Romans 1, is the sign of the times. Never has the whole world been on such a downward moral spiral.

It'll be like a thief in the night... I'm so glad we have our Church.

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary,

ironmonk

reminds me of all the secret genetic experiments that happened during WWII inder the Nazi regime.

Just how many embryos do they dispose of?

Do people that donate sperm and eggs know what really happens to their babies?

sad, very sad.

Don John of Austria

Iron monk---- We should only be so lucky. I fear that this is just the beginning of one of those great battles between Good and evil, unfortunantly few bif any are prepared or willing to fight it. Our lord promised taht Hell it self would not prevail agianst his Church, Prevail is a very iffy word, He did not promise that the remailns of his Church wouldn't be fifty people huddled in a cave, I pray that he returns soon, if not well then I fear the Church shall soon be reminded of what persecution is all about.