An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Hail Mary of a Protestant

jmjtina

Brother Adam

[quote name='Benedict' date='Jan 9 2005, 04:12 PM'] I have said it before, I will say it again:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/EldricIV/604.jpg[/img]

My first Hail Mary was before I knew I was Christian. My neighbor invited me to Sunday school at the Catholic Church and I prayed 40 Hail Mary's. Since then, I have known the prayer. [/quote]
Sweet Poster.

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jan 9 2005, 04:20 PM'] Sweet Poster. [/quote]
yeah, is there a bigger version that i could use as my background?

Peace,
Joe :)

Wow this is a great work of God. I was saying a hail Mary the other day and started wondering why protestants opposed it soo much cuz the whole thing is found in the bible. Although this post doesn't answer my questions, its kool that i was just thinking about htat, and now its on here.

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Honour' date='Jan 9 2005, 03:05 PM']
How funny I did the same. I've only prayed the Rosary once. I secretly ordered the free Rosary and CD online. How scared I was when my Father, a Baptist minister handed me the package, wich had apparently been torn in the mail. The purple plastic beads almost fell out into my hand. I hid them in my room, and tryed to forget about them for weeks. Then one day I pulled them out and prayed. Unfortunatly I put them back and after a few years and a few moves later, I still have the CD, but not the beads. But I'm back here looking for answers. [/quote]
let us know how we can help you. :) i think you came to the right place! ^_^ its wonderful to have you here! :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
Thy Geekdom Come

When I met Dr. Scott Hahn a couple of weeks ago, there was a woman in front of me telling him about her father, a Protestant minister, who had become addicted to his books. She then told him that they had caught him praying the rosary in secret and Dr. Hahn said, "yep, he's a goner!" :lol:

[quote name='littleflower' date='JMJ+Jan 9 2005, 08:51 PM'] let us know how we can help you. :) i think you came to the right place! ^_^ its wonderful to have you here! :cool: [/quote]
Yes, very! Welcome to phatmass, and to the Church! :)

I'm so glad you decided to come home.

• 4 months later...

I absolutly love this story and have used it so much in my ministry of AMS and my own personal life to ignite a spirit of Marian Devotion.

sweetpea316

Ah..what an awesome story... it sounds like how my parents would react to me and whatnot... -_-

franciscanheart

[quote name='Raphael' date='Feb 1 2005, 01:26 PM']When I met Dr. Scott Hahn a couple of weeks ago, there was a woman in front of me telling him about her father, a Protestant minister, who had become addicted to his books.  She then told him that they had caught him praying the rosary in secret and Dr. Hahn said, "yep, he's a goner!" :lol:
[right][snapback]510359[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol: :wub:

this was an awesome story!!