An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hunger Strike

CatholicAndFanatical

CatholicAndFanatical

OK, Fellow Catholics. This was a tough decision, im still doubting myself but the feeling is pretty strong that I should do this..

I cant make it to Florida, so Im just going to have to do it where im at.

I am going to attempt a hunger strike for one week without food or water. If after one week I can go longer I will.

Please note: Im not doing this post for recognition and for the "you rock CAF" posts, so please dont post those, I only post this so others may decide to join in.

My first thoughts on this was that the media would catch wind of this and My hunger strike would force the law makers into action. Not sure if this is a good idea considering im not in Florida where it would be a better idea.

Starting tomorrow morning Oct 21 2003 I will begin.

I ask others to join me, doesnt have to be the whole week, but some type of fasting would be good. Not for me, but for Terri.

The only exception for my fasting is to recieve the Eucharist and Blood of Christ. other than that no water nor food.

I am both excited and nervous at this, I pray to God I have the strength to do this.

God Bless,

CatholicAndFanatical

cmotherofpirl

You will die without water. :angry:

This is not one of your better ideas. :(

God wants your holy, but not necessarily dead! :)

REgular fasting and prayers are quite acceptalble to GOD!

CatholicAndFanatical

agreed but this isnt for blessing from God, This wasnt suppose to be something id do during Lent. This is for a cause, not of my own, but I would think that if other people were to protest like this, they would replace that tube in fear that others would die.

this is how some people save animals, tree's and the environment and so far its worked..why wouldnt it work for this.

albeit, its fanatical and a big drastic..but it would be amesome if it worked.

I'm contemplating doing it Catholicandfanatical!

He won't die. He said that basically he'd go til he couldn't go no more. Unlike Terri, who is on a permanent and forced "fast". When we fast, we always have the option of breaking fast. ;)

cmotherofpirl

agreed but this isnt for blessing from God, This wasnt suppose to be something id do during Lent. This is for a cause, not of my own, but I would think that if other people were to protest like this, they would replace that tube in fear that others would die.

this is how some people save animals, tree's and the environment and so far its worked..why wouldnt it work for this.

albeit, its fanatical and a big drastic..but it would be amesome if it worked.

People can give up food for a long time, but you must have water.

I would join, but my parents wouyld get wind of it and kill me. Seriously. "You're a growing girl, you;re behaving like a Catholic fanatic, blah, blah, blah...."

I'll help in other ways!!

No sweets

No pillow ( :( )

Doing HW first thing when i get home ( <_<:( )

Wearing my too-small shoes to school (pinch, OUCH, pinch)

I WOULD give up phatmass....but don't make me.... :(

:ph34r:

CatholicAndFanatical

Ok, after several IM's...I will concede to what you all say..I will drink water..

I dunno, I shouldnt of posted this thread..my bad.

My original thought of this was on the RED Alert thread, it was a good idea if I would of done it the way it was originally planned for me to do it.

if you didnt read that thread then heres the just: I woke up Friday morning with a very strong urge to go to Miami where Terri is at and stay in front of the place that she is at and protest the judges decision, saying that I will go on a hunger strike until that tube is replaced. Since there are media there they would catch wind of it and soon the judges would know and the governors and such..

but it didnt work that way. I couldnt go to florida, but now I feel like im tooting my own horn by posting this thread when in fact I was only trying to get support. I wasnt boasting about this..just wanted to make that clear.

How am I going to get the media involved in this if im not even in Florida where its at? That was the whole point is to get media involved.

anyway, im still praying about this..

cmotherofpirl

Killing yourself will not help Terri.

Choosing to follow the lenten fast rules and praying the rosary, and going to Mass for the saving of her life will.

C&F,

Truly, I also had that same inclination.

However, we must demonstrate a love for all life, even the one God gave us. To perform a penitential fast will be much more efficacious with the One Who is really in charge of this situation, than to react and "play" to the media. Believe me, if you were doing it to save a tree, you'd be heroic. To draw attention to Terri's plight, you'd just be labelled...Catholic and Fanatical! ;)

I support you in prayer, and will strive to do my most mudane duties with renewed dilligence and gratitude. It's really too easy for me to avoid eating. But I'll avoid things that would be most pleasing to the pallate.

Show reverence for the body which God gave you, for it is a temple of the Holy Spirit. Fast only to the point of penance, not to sickness.

I will also attempt to get to the Sacraments more frequently, as I usually only attend weekly.

May God help us help Terri.

Pax Christi. <><

CatholicAndFanatical

well not if i do it in privacy it wont help terri.

but in public, where the judges can see and the legislators can see, then it might help terri.

I could have some odd logic, but it seems to me if a guy can save a forest by tying himself to a tree and go 3 months without food or anything, then the same logic can help to save a life.

I understand where your coming from cmom, I do. But i feel guilty setting here drinking a diet coke while a woman sits in some hospice in florida dying from starvation and dehydration, you know she doesnt deserve that.

it was a drastic action that the courts took to kill her. It will take drastic actions to get it reversed.

As soon As I can find a media to pick this up im going to do it. Its just getting them to listen is the hardest part.