An Old School Catholic Message Board

Wal-mart Has Done It Again!

Lil Red

Kilroy the Ninja

ummmm, Hi and Welcome to America!! Home of the Free and the Capitalist!!

Enjoy your stay! Or leave. Or do something about it.

I'm not using this as a cop out, but the fact is that ecomomics is such a complicated field of study that the most brilliant of economic experts cannot agree on the simplest of issues. You can find nobel prize winners to support what ever argurement you want to make. If you think you understand a answer to economics, it may be that you simply misunderstood the question.

``If a company knowingly hires illegal workers it can be penalized up to $10,000 per person,'' he said.

Holy Smokes!

Holy Smokes!

That equates to how much if Wall mart is found guilty? A drop in the bucket for them that's how much. More like a slap on the wrist. Please.................... If they made it a real penalty then maybe places would be less apt to break the law.

umm, 300 people were arrested.  Up to 10,000 per person?  *quickly doing math*  That's 3 million!

Like I said, for Wal Mart, that's a drop in the bucket. They make how much anually?

I know of lots of corporate companies that make billions annually but would still be peeved about losing 3 million. Remember, it's a corporation - they care about losing money! And they care about bad press.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

I like Wal-Mart just because they are the exclusive carrier of a line of WWII fighter models I collect.

Nobody cares...

Kilroy the Ninja

Most of the 300 workers belonged to contract cleaning crews, he said

These people didn't work for Wal-Mart directly. They were contract meaning that the responsibility for hiring was a third-party company - not Wal-Mart directly. And three million IS a drop in the bucket for Wally World. Chump change.

littleflower+JMJ

you come where i live and see oru wal-mart....

we need it...

maybe our walmart is amesome (i know of a few bad walmarts)

but they're what keeps us small town ppl alive.

believe me when all the other stores and ppl refuse to help us who have no where to go, cuz no one wants to make a store for all the scatter small cities because they dont think all you little coutnry ppl are worth their time so they make you almost break teh bank becuase you have to drive 2 hours out to get to the real stores every other day...

your thankful for walmart

Spiritual_Arsonist

Take a good look at my signature. I work for this company. Meijer was the first store to introduce the supercenter model for shopping. Meijer is one of the fastest growing companies and surpasses kroger and walmart in standards.

Meijer is also has a union for team members. MEIJER ROCKS