An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are YOU Going To NCYC?

VeraMaria

Are YOU going to NCYC??  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

- Lil Red Devil

- The queen

- jmjtina

So far, three participants? I guess 1st, 2nd and 3rd place is locked up!

The prizes will go something like this:

1st place:

1 phatmass original t-shirt, 1 phatmass vintage t-shirt, autographed Massmatics CD, a polaroid picture with dUSt in one of those cardboard easter bunny frames, and cake.

2nd place:

phatmass t-shirt of choice -and- autographed Massmatics CD

3rd place:

autographed Massmatics CD

1st place:

1 phatmass original t-shirt, 1 phatmass vintage t-shirt, autographed Massmatics CD, a polaroid picture with dUSt in one of those cardboard easter bunny frames, and cake.

sweet! I'm going for it!!! mwhahahahahahahahahahaha! ;) It's in the bag, baby!

Actually I think I'm most excited for the polariod picture! :lol:

Are you able to get in through your parish? I can try to get you in with phatmass credentials, but can't promise anything.

No not with my parish. I cancelled our spots because I couldn't get enough teens who wanted to go and because I didn't really push it since I don't like taking kids to expensive conferences unless I know what they're getting. Steubenville, Lifeteen . . . ok . . . but NCYC was kinda fluffy a few years ago when I went . . .

so I didn't really push it . . .

Anyway, if you can get me in with Phatmass Creds cool, Our Parish would be happy to pay for it, whatever it costs. This way I can check it out and see if I wanna take kids next time. If not, then I'll work on finding another parish that might need a chaperone.

BLAZEr, try to hook up with another parish. You gotta be there.

Only 3 volunteers so far? Hmmm, I thought there was more people going... guess not.

i may be able to help, but i'm commin w/ a pretty group, i thnk our youth min. may want to keep us all together, but if everyone that goes with us helps it'll be a little more people to help. I think it'd be great if we could, we're from Fr. Pontifex's parish, so i wanna help all i can!

Um... I'm a little slow...

Where and when is NCYC? (like city, state, date and time). And what exactly is it.

Thanks.

I'm in Cal. so I don't know if I can go. But maybe it will land on a long weekend and I can find some cheap tix. It would be SOOOO cool to see you guys in person!

GodsThespianChic

I wish I was going...but no, Fr. A decided that we shouldn't go because it is a "crappy conference" Err, that makes me sooooooo mad!!

:(

SO WISH I COULD GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( . I like the description of the chapel.... :rolleyes:

Conference Chapel

The chapel is located on the second floor of Reliant Arena in the Stockman’s Club. It is open Thursday from 1:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M., Friday from 11:00 A.M. to 6:30 P.M., and Saturday from 10:00 A.M. to 6:30 P.M.

Thursday, November 13, 2003

1:00 P.M. – 3:30 P.M.

Quiet Reflection and Meditation

Spend some quality time with Jesus. The chapel will be open for you to reflect, pray, and ponder. Scripture and spiritual readings and resources will be available for you to take and experience some one-on-one time with Christ.

3:30 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.

Prayer Experience: Tree of Life

Beginning with All Saints and All Souls Day, November is the month in which we as a church celebrate and remember those who have died in Christ. In the south and southwest, many of our parishes set up Day of the Dead altars and shrines for our loved ones. This prayer experience will focus on remembering all loved ones who have departed and celebrate their new life in Christ with hands-on activities, songs, and prayer.

4:00 P.M. – 4:30 P.M.

Rosary—2003 is the Year of the Rosary

Take part in this enriching prayer tradition as we celebrate the Mother of Jesus and all she does in our own lives.

4:45 P.M. – 5:15 P.M.

Praise and Worship

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord and praise him with music and song. Parishes from the Diocese of Galveston-Houston share their gifts and invite you to be a part of God’s joy through song, prayer, and praise.

5:30 P.M. – 6:30 P.M.

Mass

The Ultimate Prayer Experience!

6:30 P.M. – 7:00 P.M.

Spend some quality time with Jesus. The chapel will be open for you to reflect, pray, and ponder. Scripture and spiritual readings and resources will be available for you to take and experience some one-on-one time with Christ.

Friday, November 14, 2003

11:00 A.M. – 11:30 P.M.

11:30 A.M. – 12:15 P.M.

Mass

This Mass will feature the music and traditions of the many Asian communities that are part of the Diocese of Galveston-Houston.

12:15 P.M.– 4:30 P.M.

Exposition/Adoration

During Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, a consecrated host is removed from the Tabernacle and reverently displayed on the altar (often in a special vessel called a monstrance), providing a focus for devotional prayer before Jesus in the Eucharist. A solemn silence is observed throughout the period, though Scripture, hymns, meditation, and spoken prayer may also be used.

4:30 P.M.– 5:00 P.M.

Benediction

This ancient ritual brings closure to the period of exposition/adoration with prayer, song, and a special blessing of the assembly using the monstrance containing the consecrated host. It concludes with the solemn reposing of the eucharistic species back in the tabernacle.

5:00 P.M.– 5:30 P.M.

Prayer Experience—The Woman at the Well

This is a prayer/reflection service to help youth prepare for the sacrament of reconciliation being offered Friday and Saturday.

5:30 P.M.– 6:00 P.M.

Praise and Worship

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord and praise him with music and song. Parishes from the Diocese of Galveston-Houston share their gifts, and invite you to be a part of God’s joy through song, prayer, and praise.

6:00 P.M.– 6:30 P.M.

Liturgy of the Hours

This official daily liturgy of the church is Scripturally- based. Join the seminarians of St. Mary’s Seminary as they lead us in this sacred tradition said throughout the world.

Saturday, November 15, 2003

10:00 A.M. –10:45 A.M.

Mass

This Mass will feature the music and traditions of the many Hispanic Communities that are part of the Diocese of Galveston-Houston.

11:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.

12:15 P.M. – 1:00 P.M.

Prayer Experience

Experience the richness of prayer in this interactive service from one of the leaders in developing Catholic resources. Sponsored by St. Mary’s Press.

1:15 P.M. – 2:00 P.M.

Witness: A Holocaust Survivor’s Story

“We must never forget!” In this special experience you will hear a survivor’s story of the horror of the Holocaust and the beauty of forgiveness and social justice. A survivor from Houston’s Holocaust Museum will share her/his story and provide reflection on the power of God.

2:00 P.M. – 2:45 P.M.

Praise and Worship

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord and praise him with music and song. Parishes from the Diocese of Galveston-Houston share their gifts and invite you to be a part of God’s joy through song, prayer, and praise.

3:00 P.M. – 3:45 P.M.

Taize Prayer

Through music and prayer our relationship with God and one another is deepened. This community form of prayer began in France in the 1940s and has become an enriching form of prayer in communities around the world.

4:00 P.M. – 4:30 P.M.

Prayer Experience: Many Faces of God

Discover the many faces of God in our lives through music, Scripture, art and hands-on activities.

4:45 P.M.– 6:00 P.M.

S.P.L.A.S.H.—Singing, Praying, Life-Giving, Adoration, Sharing, Happening

Plunge into the River of Life through praise and worship, exposition/adoration, faith-sharing, and benediction.

littleflower+JMJ

houston here we come baby!!

its okay vera! me and tina will take lots and lots of pics for you!

every two steps we'll stop and take a snap! :D so you dotn' miss anything!!

houston here we come baby!!

its okay vera! me and tina will take lots and lots of pics for you!

every two steps we'll stop and take a snap!  :D

*tear...tear....* such a friend... :P

Thanks you flowery! You da bomb! B)

littleflower+JMJ

and guess what?

their going to have a cafe lounge place there with computers and the internet!!!

so this'll mean we can keep up to date with all of ya'll by postnig whats happening thru the WHOLE weekend!!!!

phatmass!.....its everywhere you want to be...

:lol::lol: :lol: