An Old School Catholic Message Board

Looking For A Fair Balanced News Station?

Paladin D

Considering I watch this news station very often, almost everyday, it is very well balanced.

http://www.msnbc.com

Fox News tends to lean to the Conservative side, while CNN leaning to the Liberal side. MSNBC is practically 50/50. They have some programs that are Liberal (like Hardball) and some programs that are Conservative (like Scarborough Country) or both (Buchanan & Press).

Hopefully you have the channel on your TV, watch it for a week time to time.

Note: It's NBC and MSN (Microsoft) newstation.

Edited by Paladin D

CatholicAndFanatical

I dunno, ive always like Fox News..

Although im getting pretty upset at Bill Oreilly for not reporting on the important stuff like Terri, and the fact that He's selling Arnold Schwar(somthing-another-doesnt-matter) T-Shirts on his website.

but Hannity and Combs is a great show, Hannity is a good Catholic from what I can tell..in fact, on Ash Wednesday of this year Hannity was the ONLY Catholic I saw on TV (Fox News, CNN, MSNBC) that had the Ash on his forehead while on TV...I was pretty happy that he did that.

so im a Fox Fan, but to each his own, I just like Bill Oreilly and Hannity and Combs, besides that the station can go off the air any other time.

As a journalist, I've always prided myself on not being liberal. However, having tired of all the carp coming from the media's left wing, I've gotten where I prefer the media's right wing, and Fox News delivers, baby!!!!!

Fox News has plenty of Liberals on it's payroll. Yes, it is a bit more Conservative than the rest, but I still think it is more balanced. MSNBC is just a cable version of NBC, and NBC is far from being fair and balanced. The show I happen to like the most on Fox is the O' Riley Factor. Bill pulls no punches that's for sure.

MSNBC is the only station I watch b/c I can get Chris Matthew's liberal side and Scarborough Country comes on right after - they are pretty creditable too. Buchannan and Press is pretty good too. If can't tell I'm a news junky.

I must disagree PMSnbc (no offense meant to any women suffering from PMS)... is not as bad as CNN, but worse than Fox.

50 years ago, a little bit liberal was good. Being moderate was good... but librals kept crossing the line... not, not much more space to draw a new line....

Today, liberal is bad.

Conservative is the way to go... because of libral's lies, peolpe think that Conservatives do not want to help the poor. Conservatives do want to help the poor, and have plans that actually work...

For those who disagree, I'm not debating it... librals lie about Conservative policies, just like the lie about partial birth abortion being necessary...

If you see someone lying on one point, they are lying on others...

If you see someone lying to others, they are lying to you, but you don't know it.

Facts of life. People will treat you the way they treat others.... if you have a "friend" that is trashing other friends in your click when they're not around... then that "friend" trashes you when your not around.

That is the liberal mentality... it's proven time and time again.

God Bless, Your Servant in Christ,

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

I don't like Bill O'Reilly, because like others, he twists what people say and makes things up without checking sources or providing where he got information. I don't take a lot of things for granted in journalism anymore. If something sounds sensationalist, then it probably is and you should check for more information.

I don't like Bill O'Reilly, because like others, he twists what people say and makes things up without checking sources or providing where he got information.  I don't take a lot of things for granted in journalism anymore.  If something sounds sensationalist, then it probably is and you should check for more information.

He claims to be Catholic, yet has very little knowledge of the faith. I can't remember what it was, but he was on the attack to the Church... this was not cool.

I lost all respect for him as being informed about everything he talks about, sometimes he knows, but he makes the biggest mistake that ignorant Catholics make... if they don't know, they guess or go by what they have "heard".

I wish I could have called him, got through and set him straight.

God Bless, Your Servant in Christ,

ironmonk

very true, ironmonk. I have watched the show and "caught" him in other lies, exaggerated stories, etc. That's why I've vowed to look up for myself if I'm unsure of something reported by the media. Pax, Edited by moderator: personal information

Edited by Lil Red

I try watching Fox News time to time, but I just enjoy MSNBC better. I don't watch NBC, but I watch MSNBC (which is a little different, since Microsoft is also part of it).

But the programs on MSNBC are great, there are both Liberal and Conservative broadcasters (you can obviously tell pretty well) on the news station. I get to hear a fair voice from liberals and from conservatives on one news channel.

:)

I still like him. He may not get the facts straight all the time but he does take people to task, which is a good thing. Just remember, all Catholics are sinners. That goes for Bill O'Reilly as well. You gotta admit, he is funny sometimes.

I don't admit that because I don't think he is. And "getting his facts straight" is part of his JOB as a journalist! I think we've lowered our standards when it comes to journalists in this country.