An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Strongest Dioceses In The Us....

VeraMaria

Which dioceses do you think are the strongest in the US??

Judging by number of faithful and the type of work they do, participation, the catholic influence in the community, vocations, etc.

Definitely not Miami. <_<

Lincoln, Denver, Sioux Falls, Sioux City, Steubenville, Alexandria, Somehwere in Illiniois or Indiana i cant remeber the diocese, Minneapolis/St Paul, Phenoix, Rapid City,

Lincoln, Denver, Sioux Falls, Sioux City, Steubenville, Alexandria, Somehwere in Illiniois or Indiana i cant remeber the diocese, Minneapolis/St Paul, Phenoix, Rapid City,

NOT Ft. Wayne-South Bend

Some state locations would be nice, since there is more than one place with the same town/city name. Example...Lincoln.

Edited by Paladin D

Some state locations would be nice, since there is more than one place with the same town/city name.  Example...Lincoln.

Hmm....haven't heard much about Lincoln....what makes you think lincoln is strong??

Hmm....haven't heard much about Lincoln....what makes you think lincoln is strong??

I don't know, vainney mentioned it.

hmmm... i dont know much about any of em

Pittsburgh seems pretty strong, except 4 the liberal nuns... but i don't think it's the strongest in the US.

anyway, this is a relative asessment of dioceses, i'm not lookin for somethin to be better than another, i'm lookin at how pleasin 2 God it is, not relative deviation <to use my Physics terms> but absolute deviation! and i'd say Pittsburgh doesn't have the lowest absolute deviation but it isn't bad... it produces some pretty orthodox ppl i think (of course, except for the nuns.. prayin 4 em always)...

Bishop Donald Wuerl!! he was there when JPII was elected Pope! he was a priest then, but 4 some reason he was actually in the Sistene Chapel with the Cardinals.

B)

Lincoln-- Nebraska, Denver-- Colorado, Sioux Falls-- North Dakota, Peoria--Illinois, Austin--Texas, Scranton--Pennsylvania, Atlanta-Georgia, St. Louis--Missiouri, Sacramento-California, Philadelphia--Pennsylvania, Newark--New Jersey

I'm sure there are more, but these dioceses have good strong bishops who are doing good things . . . Santa Fe--New Mexico would be on the list except for the fact that so many of their priests are flakey .. .

By the way this is MY list . . and I can't show you in the Catechism where it says anything I've said above. .. ;) :P

I took many things into account. Firstly Lincoln is a very on fire diocese with exploding number of seminarians in part do to the diocese unwaving orthodoxy.

Secondly the youth ministry programs and laity involvement in the diocese. Sioux City and Phenix are known for this.

Sioux Falls has good youth ministry along with huge seminarians.

Alexandrea again is basically in the same boat as Lincoln.

Denvers Archbishop has turned that diocese into an amazing place. Also it is important to keep in mind that when I say alot of seminarians I am not talking merely of numbers but rather numbers for that size of a diocese. Im sure D.C. has more seminarains then lets say Lincoln but per person or per size lincoln is the best.

The archdiocese of Mnpls/St Paul has large seminarians and an amazing Minor Orthodox Seminary called Saint John Vianney. The laity involvement there is amazing and the whole community in St Paul are Catholic.