An Old School Catholic Message Board

Inquisition

VeraMaria

I'm mad today. All year we've been reading anti-catholic garbage in my grade, in english and world civ. People went from not caring to calling it the :corrupt church" the whole time. And catholic people in my grade (9th grade high school) are ashamed to say they're catholic. when they were taunting a girl who went to catholic school last year about how "your church burned innocent people for centuries" she immediately said "oh, i'm just catholic because my parents want me to be. i'm converting as soon as i move out of the house...." or something like that.

really, i'm mad. this is a ranting thread. i warned you.

we've spent 4 months now on the Inquisition, reading so many anti-catholic articles i'm seriously sick. SICK and tired.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

I'm suprised they teach you this stuff in school. It's rediculous, you should complain. The Church actually never meant for the Inquisition to get out of hand like that, it was a result of rogue officials, not the Holy See. Obviously somebody there doesn't know their history very well. If the girl converts, she doesn't have any faith anyway. Its sad that they are so ignorent.

why don't u tell them to get FIRST HAND sources

why don't u tell them to get sources written at the time of the inquisition

not sources written centuries later when the protestants were losing battles <ich, those were bad but we were all at fault> so they just wrote all this propaganda

why don't they look at all the ppl who were gonna be tried for a crime who blasphemed in order to go to the inquistion courts cause most of the time all they'd get was a penance.

the ppl killed at the inquistion were ppl who commited crime because of a heresy, not necessarily just for bein heretics. like if someone was in the heresy where they believed in abortion, the inquisition would've given them penance, but if they were in that heresy and had an abortion, then it would be a crime and possible death to the person.

i suggest looking it up, offer the teacher other sources and show how they're more reliable. ask the teacher to show that History Channel special in class to show the other historical opinion.

ich, dumb anti-Catholic garbage. ask the teacher to mention that the Inquisition courts were the most fair of their day, and that protestant countries were burning ppl at the steak far more frequently. maybe the kids'll think of protestants as a currupted church then? err not likely, they'll think ur just makin stuff up cuz they don't want the TRUTH.

yeah, ask the history teacher to teach the truth about history, and stop with the lies about it. or at least show both opinions, and the reasons each one should be trusted. i'm sure u'll find that the school's historical opinion won't historically be as close to when the events actually occured than the historical opinion u would present to them.

or of course, they'll just continue to be obstinate and ignorant cause they dont wanna listen.

thanks. i'm just really mad, because my teacher basically didn't give up until every single one of us had written that the catholic church was horrible and that it never had anything divine or good about it. When i objected in my essay and said pretty much what you said, aloysius, he gave me a big fat F and told me that it was "historically incorrect" and it was "historically proven that the catholic church is the most corrupt "organization" on earth that it's sad it has survived through 2, 000 years."

I AM MAD.

:( there's gotta be something u kan do! do u have parents that would consider legal action if u asked em to? kuz he's definitely not allowed to tell u that in a public school.

u shuld appeal to the school board or something...

:huh:  :o AYYYYYYY!!!

Run for your Lives!!! It's the Spanish Inquisition!!!

Beware the Inquisition!!!

lol . . . :lol:  :lol:  :rolleyes:

<_<

school is hell. literally. :angry:

give me the adress and telephone number of your school...

i'll call em up and yell at em! B)

:ph34r: u kant get detention from schools u don't attend, CAN U??? :unsure: :ph34r: :ph34r:

littleflower+JMJ

oh no! thats horrible!!

i really reallly dislike teachers who are anti-catholic but many times thats ALL they do is preach preach preach and try to brainswash everythign how evil the Church is.

and many tiems your at his/her mercy because of various reasons,

today in british lit. we went over the bible and translations......apparently my teacher thinks the King James Version is the BEST and our catholic bible is biased?!

whatever. thats carp if i ever heard any.

<_< those ppl you can see it, the Church really bothers them so much that its sad...... :(

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Does the ignoramus know that his ancestors were Catholics during the Inquisition. What an idiot. :rolleyes:

The KJV was translated from faulty manuscripts. It also doesn't contain all the inspired books.

give me the adress and telephone number of your school...

i'll call em up and yell at em!  B)

:ph34r: u kant get detention from schools u don't attend, CAN U???  :unsure:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

:D Thanks Al !!! :D

littleflower+JMJ

:lol: :blink::lol::lol::lol: i meant carp...

hahahahahaaha

thanks vera you made my day!

man, i'm soo out of it righ now its not even funny :(

rest......rest i need.........

:lol:  :blink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: i meant carp...

hahahahahaaha

thanks vera you made my day!

man, i'm soo out of it righ now its not even funny  :(

rest......rest i need.........

so do i....i should be studying for algebra II and i'm on phatmass....this is affecting my grades.... :(:P

go get some nice rest, flowery.....ahhh....sleep.....in those old days when i could still get some!! :D :P