An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Is Really Sad

M.SIGGA

It looks like members of Christ the King Parish in Pleasant Hill, CA will be trick-or-treating a little bit early...like during mass this weekend!!! All ages are invited and everyone gets to put on their favorite costume too. Check out the bottom of their parish webpage:

Christ the King

I wonder what Fr. Bryan will be dressed as?

hmmmm :unsure:

he should go as the Pope!!!!

lol, if he got a good costume, and i went to that Parish, i'd like faint at the processional, seein Pope John Paul the second the GREAT goin down the aisle... yeah... thad be amesome

if i were Pope, i'd make random sneak visits to random parishes like that! :D B)

anyway, they better not have candy, NO FOOD AT MASS... these kids should learn that young...

other than that, it's a bit strange but doesn't really seem WRONG.

I think its a novel approach although they should of maybe limited it to saints and popes costumes. watch some kid show up as Micheal Myers getting communion with a play knife in one hand.

The Church I used to go to back in Wilmington, DE. They held a halloween/Christian like tour in the large basement. Your mission was to help two marines find a missing soldier, and you used Blessed Crosses to fight off evil forces (zombies, ghosts, vampires and such).

It was fun, but not sure if it was against the rules of the Church. The Priests knew and even attended it.

As Pope John Paul II marks 25 years as Bishop of Rome, the Catholic world is both celebrating and taking stock of his pontificate: how he has helped shape political events while urging clergy to stay out of politics; how he has set firm new directions for a Catholic Church that is currently being described as “a people adrift”; how he has preached the unique gospel of Jesus Christ and offered spiritual inspiration to people around the globe, both Christian and non-Christian alike.
umm . . . what the heck does that mean? We're a "people adrift" who is currently describing us that way?

This Priest writes like a schizophrenic . . .

There are also some interesting "liturgical" roles

PROJECTIONISTS

Members of the Parish serve as Slide Projectionists at all the Masses. Instructions for each Mass are provided in a binder in the pew where the Projectionist sits. Parishioners who volunteer for this ministry serve approximately once a month at the Mass they usually attend. Everyone is welcome to participate!

Fr. Joyce, ahhh, let us pray fro him . . .

Fr. Joyce's - Top three for personal reading:

"All Saints" by Robert Ellsberg

"Is Jesus God?" by Michael Morewood

"The Holy Longing" by Ronald Rolheiser

Fr. Joyce's - Top two for current discussion:

"The Changing Face of the Priesthood: by Donald Cozzens

"Tomorrow's Catholic" by Michael Morewood

The Holy Longing isn't to bad. A little to mushy for my tastes, but...

The rest of his reading list scares me. Why read a book called "Is Jesus God"?

The Holy Longing isn't to bad. A little to mushy for my tastes, but...

The rest of his reading list scares me. Why read a book called "Is Jesus God"?

hopefully it goes through and answers "YES"

never read it though, so i donno

littleflower+JMJ

should i be worried?........because i am....very worried..... about the parish.....:unsure::unsure:

anyone you have to call named "Bunny" and "Bill" for one of the church functions is kinda weird :blink:

+JMJ

There are also some interesting "liturgical" roles

Projection TVs are big in the yuppie evangelical churches like Willow Creek in the NW suburbs of Chicago - kinda like a big college lecture hall. I would like to officially adopt the term Powerpoint Mass to describe the use of projection TVs at Mass.