An Old School Catholic Message Board

Updates on my discernment

goldenchild17

goldenchild17

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Feb 6 2005, 03:41 AM'] I know that it can depend on the Charity organizations willing to help. I don't know if that would affect your ability to be ordained, but I do not see why it would. It is good that you have contacted some Superiors on the matter. Have you heard back about that? [/quote]
Not yet... The SOLT vocations director said he would talk to his superiors and get back with me. I think I will email him again just to remind him. And the diocese isn't doing much of anything about giving me the information on whether I can serve here or not.

Hey! Let Gods will be done, not anothers. You can do anything with God and if God wills it he will give you the grace to do whatever. May God be with you! I encourage you to follow your will, do what you feel God is placing in your soul. It's sort of like St. Therese... she was too young to join the order but she didn't allow that to get in her way. The pope had said to her, if it is in Gods will then it will be done, and she did join that order!! Well... I don't know if those are the exact words... but thats what happened in the movie, hee hee... great movie!! May God bless you always and I am keeping your vocation in my prayers, please keep mine in yours as well!

Love in Christ,
Marjorie

goldenchild17

I know. As my vocations director told me, this is how I can test my vocation. I will push it as hard as I possibly can, I will go through every possible scenario that could get me into the priesthood. And if every single door closes, no matter how hard I push it, then I might be able to know that this isn't what God has in store. If He means for it to happen, then He will make it clear for me. If not, then this will be clear as well. I'm open to either, I just need to know that I am following His plan and I'll be happy.

GoldenChild...good luck! I really mean it.

I have CP and am considering a vocation. I've been told not to waste my time by some, but after hearing there are other disabled people on the same path, it give me hope.

Keep the faith brother!