An Old School Catholic Message Board

Turn Your Clocks Back Tomorrow

Anna

Just a friendly reminder that we shift to Daylight Savings Time tomorrow, turning our clocks back one hour Saturday night.

So, if you walk into Church and it's empty on Sunday morning, it may be because you forgot to set your clock back, and you're an hour early!

If that happens, spend an extra hour before the Blessed Sacrament, and remember me to Our Lord! :)

Pax Christi. <><

Would I do a thing like that?????? :)

But I did misspeak. Daylight Saving Time ends (not begins) on Sunday.

But the rest of my suggestion is correct.

Fall back, spring ahead.

Set your clock back one hour Saturday night when you go to bed, or Sunday morning when you wake. (But not both! :P )

This is only tricky if you're a Hoosier. See: http://www.infoplease.com/spot/daylight1.html

Pax Christi. <><

Kilroy the Ninja

Down with Daylight Savings Time!!!! Leave our time alone!!!! Vow to NEVER spring forward again!!!

(How did you think I'd feel about it? I am married to Don John after all. You know, the man time forgot... :P )

you know, this is such a good thing that you posted this, cuz I was just thinking about it! Also, I'm proclaiming at the 9am Mass at my church this weekend and I don't want to be late!

is arizona the only state that doesn't change their clocks?  i like it...never late or early because of time change

Indiana and Alaska don't do it either.

IcePrincessKRS

Thanks Mom, I totally forgot about this! I'd better warn Matt, because I'll be out of town this weekend.... better put a post it on the clock or something. lol :lol:

unless you live in Australia where daylightsaving is just beginning in most states.

It usually means people are later than ever!!!!

Oh my, so we've turned our clocks back one hour, and you've turned yours ahead an hour...Now we're 14 or more hours' difference, from our Aussie friends, right?

Ok, fess up! How many of y'all forgot to change your clocks.

*raises hand sheepishly*

My hubby reminded me this morning, when I thought I was gonna be late for Mass. :P

Pax Christi. <><

P.S. I prayed for y'all at Mass this morning. :wub:

I went blading, took a shower, ate breakfast, then noticed that no one else was up yet. I was mad because we'd be late for church. Then my mom goes "Ay, Vera, your head is always in the clouds, we get an hour more of sleep today". Hmmmph. <_< :D