An Old School Catholic Message Board

Youth 2000 w/ Franciscan Friars of the Renewal

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

Okay forget LIFETEEN, who has been on a YOUTH 2000 retreat?

They are put on all over the country by a group of young people along with the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal (in the Bronx). It is one of the most awesome retreats I have ever been on. I've been to anywhere from 4 to 6 of them (once a year) and I have loved it every time.

Okay.... so have [b]you[/b] been?

I have been!!! i have been!!! Oh man it is sooooo awesome!! This year will be my third year. On april 1 2 and 3. i cant wait i look foreward to it all year! Omgosh!

yeah, i love YOUTH 2000. i have been to 5, i think. i served on the steering committee for 3 years, before i left this past year for college. Cincy puts on a great Y2K retreat every year. we've had as many as 1,300 ppl attend. and the FFRs are amazing ppl!! the brothers, fathers and sisters are all awesome. our retreats are always done with both the Franciscans and Dominicans, being that the parish that has sponsored it is Dominican.

franciscanheart

karin youre in dallas? did i know that?

im sure SEAS will be going and if they are i will go with them ^_^

I've been going to Youth 2000 (or Journey as it's called in Maine) for four or five years. I'll probably keep going until they tell me I'm too old, and then I'll chaperone. :D

Father Terry is from Maine. :cool:

To Clarify...They also live in Yonkers, New Jersey, The Bronxs, and their new home in Hondurus. ^_^

...And yes SEAS will be there in April....I've been to about 5 or 6 maybe 7. I've lost count. I've been to the ones in Ft. Worth/Dallas, San Angelo, and North Little Rock, Arkansas....all GREAT! every time I go I try to meet a new Brother. I always LOVE Fr. Terry's, Fr. Bob's, Fr. Bernard, and Br. Augostino's talks!!!

God Bless
Jason Gregory

oooh yeah bro augusttino last year was so funn did you go last eyar? when he gave that talk with the hats. i also LOVE father bob. I got the forms for the retreat tonight

franciscanheart

Hey Jason Do you think you could give angela a heads up that I want to go with yall?

My first one (or maybe it was second) was the one in Arlington. Maybe my first one was the one at .... sheesh whats the name of that town?

*shrug* when i remember ill post again :P