An Old School Catholic Message Board

Youth Ministers

ryanmeyersmusic

ryanmeyersmusic

Larry Nolte (of New Heart, New Voices & CrossRoads Music Festival) and myself are looking into a new means of promoting Catholic music in the US (and possibly other countries with added shipping, etc). It's in it's baby stages at the moment, but a large part of getting it off the ground is being sure that youth ministers would be interested in subscribing.

The general idea would be this:

Subscribers would pay a yearly subscription (probably $60) to recieve quarterly issues of an all-music CD. Each issue would feature 11 of the newest songs in Catholic music from 10 artists, with a featured artist getting an extra track. Artists would be paid royalties for each issue distributed.

We'd look to get enough subscribers to release a first issue this summer or fall (depending on how quickly we could get word out) and officially launch it to the country with a booth at NCYC in December.

With many friends in youth ministry, it seems like something that would be more than welcome in that community. With a yearly subscription, you could submit it to the parish for inclusion in the budget, you and your kids would both be exposed to the growing world of Catholic music, and for $15 you get a CD full of great, hand-picked music from all areas of the industry.

Let me know if you'd be interested, or have any thoughts about it.

I would do it, but I have a big budget. Hey Ryan, if you're doing any "tours" to Texas anytime soon, please PM. I'd love to bring you out to my Parish.

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

Get a hold of Theotokos (James Lewis)...He is in Youth Ministry for the next year or so...Word.

Totus Tuus,
Andrew Joseph

I will pray for you.

ryanmeyersmusic

Does $60/year seem like a lot to low-budget/no-budget parishes?

would all of you commit to a subscription once we get this thing up-and-going?

for a low budget parish maybe....maybe you could work out some sort of scholarship tyoe thing for poor parishes.....because having good Christian and especially Catholic music available for young people is imporant.....

I would be willing to...well I would have to ask my boss...he does all the budgeting but I think he would be down....

what genres of music would be on the Cd's?

ryanmeyersmusic

All genres would be accepted, but those used the most (mostly due to average quality of release and amount of releases annually) would be rock, pop/rock, and hiphop. We'd definitely include quality praise & worship tunes (with a possible offshoot in the future devoted entirely to original catholic worship stuff) and other genres if they met our quality requirements. If we're charging a premium, we couldn't feel comfortable including poor recordings.

ryanmeyersmusic

If you're seriously interested (ie. you would more than likely subscribe starting with the first issue) please send an email to

2thru7@gmail.com

Subject Line: Count me in!

And include the following:

Name:
Parish:
Address:
Phone:
E-mail:
Preferred Genre:
Favorite Catholic Artists:
Comments/Suggestions: