An Old School Catholic Message Board

Chinese Doctors Keep Hearts Beating After Abortion

God Conquers

God Conquers

I don't have the link, sorry, but Chinese doctors have managed to do something "incredible".

After a baby was aborted, it's heart was placed in a special solution and it kept beating for hours afterwards and (gasp) continued to grow!

Doctors were "amazed" at these results, and were glad that they were able to prove that harvested parts from aborted fetuses could be kept alive for extended periods of time and actually continue to grow. They say this has major implications for transplant research.

Incredible no? Now we're actually aborting HEALTHY BABIES to give their parts to SICK BABIES!!!!!!! Is it much of a stretch to think that a poor girl could be convinced (monetarily) to get pregnant for this pourpose? I think not.

The sound you hear is me retching.

Has anyone read "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley (1932)? It used to seem like science fiction.

JMJ Jay (Likos)

Brother Adam

It wasn't an easy read and I didn't understand some of it when I read it, but yeah, I agree.

I've read "Brave New World" too. At the time it seemed something like that could/would never ever happen. It makes you kind of uncomfortable when you're reading it.

What I find amazing is that Huxley wrote it in 1932...long before many of the current technologies were even dreamed of. I guess he saw our society taking a downward spiral before alot of other people did.

Kilroy the Ninja

I read Brave New World and had hope at the end that if the story were allowed to continue then people would revert back to normal. Maybe I am an optimist....

Frankly, I'm surprised that the leading embryonic research people, (sick as they are), haven't flocked en mass to China where forced abortions are the norm. One would think that it would be a stem cell research paradise...

Pray for all these people, the so-called scientists and the Chinese. Pray that they realized the wickedness of their ways and revert back to normal.

Kilroy, you brought up a question I've been meaning to ask. You mentioned stem cell research. I heard not so long ago that scientists have found a way to obtain stem cells from your own body (blood marrow maybe...i'm not exactly sure where it was they said they could obtain it from) instead of having to get it from aborted babies.

Has anyone else heard this? If so, isn't is possible that aborted babies will no longer be used for this kind of research eventually? If they stopped using the babies and only obtained stem cells from grown individuals, does that mean that stem cell research would be ok?

Forgive me for asking so many questions...my curiosity is piqued.

Kilroy, you brought up a question I've been meaning to ask.  You mentioned stem cell research.  I heard not so long ago that scientists have found a way to obtain stem cells from your own body (blood marrow maybe...i'm not exactly sure where it was they said they could obtain it from) instead of having to get it from aborted babies.

Has anyone else heard this?  If so, isn't is possible that aborted babies will no longer be used for this kind of research eventually?  If they stopped using the babies and only obtained stem cells from grown individuals, does that mean that stem cell research would be ok?

Forgive me for asking so many questions...my curiosity is piqued.

Stem cells can be obtained from human fat cells. Why not just obtain them from the local lyposuction office, instead of killing babies...?

Thanks for the info. Anna, I'm also baffled as to why they wouldn't just obtain the stem cells from the fat cells instead of from babies. That would kill alot of the controversy. I guess they just don't care.

God Conquers

Yes, they are much easier to manipulate and cost less (in so many ways) than fetal cells to research and experiment on.

All of the important stem cell advancements you hear about are from somatic stem cells. (the good kind)