An Old School Catholic Message Board

To anyone who could be of help

Catholictothecore

Catholictothecore

Hey,

I think I weird sometimes, because I desire to love Christ on the same level of a number of saints. I have kinda always felt that God had a part for me in his plan, though in the past few years as I've grown, I've noticed how...unworthy I am. I'm okay with that, because I know that to be a saint means to do everything for his glory and honor, so if he wants me, HE'S GOT ME! I am in no way opposed to the idea.

I'm deeply attracted to the mendicant orders because of the simpleness that they strive to life and because I truly believe that is where I will be most able to serve others through my love of God. This has brought me to a very hard place.

WHICH ORDER? The Franciscans, Dominicans, or Discalced Carmelite priests? I've been to the pages of all three, and I know I'm still a few years to young for any of them. This is hard, but I can trust in God. I think, and pray that he will be my strength in the next...wow, it's only eighteen months! maybe it won't be as hard as all that.

Any tips from anyone in the religios life as what to pick when you seem so attracted of all three?

Hello! Sorry, I am not in the religous life... but I already began my application process to an order and am planning to enter a week after graduation this year. I personally feel as though God is calling me to the Dominican Nuns of the Heart of Jesus, a cloistered order in Lousiana. So... If you would like I could give you the IM of Sr. Mary Imelda of the Holy Eucharist, she could answere any questions for you, she has helped me so much!!

Under the Vocation Station you can as well read comments from me and other young girls about the Dominicans... It's under "for the Dominicans". I personally feel so at peace about their order, no doubt, just joy. I feel as though God is calling me to live this beautiful life of hidden prayer, to reach out to ALL souls through prayer. How amazing is that!

Alrighty, hope that helped...

Love in Christ,
Marjorie

Oh yes... Sorry... I forgot to leave Sr. Mary Imeldas IM, it's Ldominican . It's on aol IM so... hope that helps!! May God bless you and you are in my prayers!

Love in Christ,
Marjorie

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='Feb 11 2005, 08:48 PM']
I think I'm weird sometimes, because I desire to love Christ on the same level of a number of saints. I have kinda always felt that God had a part for me in his plan, though in the past few years as I've grown, I've noticed how...unworthy I am. [/quote]
St. Therese the Little Flower felt the same way. She said that she wanted to love Jesus as much as St. Theresa of Avila. Some people thought she was being presumtious (sp?) but look what happened, she became a saint too!

I kind of feel the same way, and I think that's how God wants us to feel. He wants us to become saints, and to love Him because He loves us So Much! I suppose it's one of the steps to becomming a saint. (Just thought I'd share because I think it's so cool! :D )

Catholictothecore

just 2 let some of you know, i'm also a guy (in case you were confused.) St. Terese is a very cool saint though. The carmelite preists i've heard of a like, so awesome, i'd feel...terrorifed, I think. But, if it is what Christ wants, then by all means, i want to be open.

To Chorusgirl: Man, to tell the truth, I kinda envy (for lack of a better word) you. It takes great courage to forsake the world for the sake of the world. You'll be in my prayers.

Catholictothecore

It's so crazy, but the more I think about it, the more attracted I am to the Carmelite [i]PRIESTS[/i] (lol) I've read about. I mean, they are so cool, and to be one of them would blow my mind, but the life they life is so hard (meaning, in terms of temptations and stuff). Huh.

Not that I'm closing my mind to the other two. I've wanted to be a Franciscan for ages, and the Dominicans are just awesome with their mandate to preach. I feel like I'm being asked to make an impossable decision for me! Oh, God the Holy Spirit, be with all here who are discerning!

Catholictothecore

[i]that's[/i] ridiculous! [i]Everyone[/i] has a vocation, just not the [i]same[/i vocation; married life, lay apostelate, consecrated life, or priesthood; all are vocations, and without any one of them, the church couldn't continue. And since we have Christ's promise of that, we can see how important each are. I've learned that much.

Plus, it wouldn't be the first Franciscan I've heard about that's been...not quite accurate. But, I'm still giving the order as a whole the benefiet of the doubt. One bad apple doesn't spoilt the whole barrel.

Amen! CTC, thank you for your desire to follow Christ in the mendicant tradition! I am a Franciscan friar in studies for the priesthood, and I would like to think that I am on fire and love Christ. I too considered the other branches of the mendicant family before I entered the friars, but I was just so attracted to Sts. Francis and Clare, their radicalness, their spirtuality. Francis is so much more then what I like to call lawn garden spirtuality. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask or send an email.

in Christ and Mary,
fr. Matt

[quote name='the_rev' date='Feb 12 2005, 05:16 PM'] One of the franciscans vocational directors told me I don't have a vocation. [/quote]
"To say you didn't have a vocation is to say that you don't have a soul." -That comes from one of my friends who use to be an Apostolic.

Catholictothecore

thanks, friarmat!

What attracts me to St. Francis is the amount of love he had for Christ. We've had...sorta similar backgrounds. You know, being an older age and still very much immature. Idealistic.

Plus, his poverty and how he treated that as his lady. Man, I can't decide! PRAY FOR ME EVERYONE!

of course you will be prayed for!

here is the prayer Francis would often pray for discernment

"Most High, glorious God,
enlighten the darkness of my heart
and give me true faith,
certain hope,
and perfect charity,
sense and knowledge, Lord,
that I may carry out Your holy
and true command. Amen." St. Francis of Assisi