An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nfp

Brother Adam

Just my two cents here,

Working with your spouse like that is one of the most rewarding things you could ever do to strenghten and sanctify your marriege. You will definately apreciate every moment of intimacy in a more spiritual way.

There is also a electric device out that will tell you the exact days of ovulation. I can't remember what it's called, but it tests for hormones in the body. The woman tests her urine 3 times a month, and it tells you exact days of ovulation.

GBLCM,

ironmonk

Brother Adam

I heard about that, but I also heard it is extremely expensive. One thing though- Teresa does not have a regular period at all, it's generally around 40 days, but fluxuates. I'm not sure how this will effect NFP. :)

I heard about that, but I also heard it is extremely expensive. One thing though- Teresa does not have a regular period at all, it's generally around 40 days, but fluxuates. I'm not sure how this will effect NFP. :rolleyes:

With the electric tool, it goes off hormones, so timing should not really be an issue. Once you find out what it is called, do some research online on the company's website, even email them with your situation and ask questions about their tool.

Also, with NFP, it has to do with body temp. After a couple months you should be able to get an idea if you follow all the steps.

Do alot of study online, I'm sure your not the only couple with an issue like that. This forum probably isn't the right place to get into detail on your personal situation. It's between you and her, and none of our business.

I would find a good Catholic doctor that is familar with NFP.

God Bless, Love in Chirst & Mary

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

littleflower+JMJ

wow! bro. adam, using NFP is a great choice! instead of telling God, "we're going to work against you (artifical contraception), your going to say, "we're going to work with you, (natural family planning).

May God always bless you and your soon to be wife!

+JMJ

:rolleyes:

One thing though- Teresa does not have a regular period at all, it's generally around 40 days, but fluxuates. I'm not sure how this will effect NFP. ;)

Don't worry about that, Bro. Since we have been married I've had cycles that lasted anywhere from 21 days to 38 days. If you read the book and follow the rules they apply to all different cycle lengths. It is flexible. :) Oh and all we use is a simple digital basal thermometer. It costs 10 bucks at the drug store. You can't beat the price.

Jake Huether

Erika isn't exactly "regular" either. But that's the beauty of NFP. It isn't the rythm methond. That is, it's a day to day thing. So it really doesn't matter what the cycle is like - just that you can observe it.

Another thing I forgot to mention about NFP. When you do decide to attempt pregnancy you will know she's pregnant before any device will tell you on the market. You can know within a week or so! You just observe her cycle and if it seems to not end when it should then odds or you're a daddy. :)

Let me know if you have any questions Bro. I'll help as best I can.

God bless.

cmotherofpirl

Brother I have an article on NFP written by a Catholic couple, would you like me to send it to you?

I think somebody should invent a wristwatch that a woman can wear that tells the time, date, and ovulation cycles.

Another idea is a patch. It would change colors. If the patch is green, she's fertile. If it's red, she's not. If it's purple, she wants a pancake breakfast at the Waffle House.

My fiance and I are so excited about NFP!!!

We know another couple our age that are practicing it and are COMPLETELY devoted to it...

God is so cool....