An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nfp

Brother Adam

mmm waffle house.

I have to travel down south to eat at the Waffle House. I introduced my wife to it while I was in training in Georgia. It's a family favorite!

lol_grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Do you still have the NFP booklet I sent you?  It only tells half the story, because it's based on the Billings Method (mucus sign only).  True NFP uses the Sympto-Thermal method, which is where both the temperature and mucus signs are read together.

Actually, mucus only systems are true, legitimate NFP methods as well. The Creighton Method is one such highly respected, very scientific mucus only system. Creighton is 99% effective. Billings is 97-99% effective. The various sympto-thermal methods are 99% effective.

My husband and I use and teach the sympto-thermal method through the Couple to Couple League, but I would like to learn the other methods as well. We started off using the Billings method and it was very effective.

--Jessica

Edited by jessinoelw

littleflower+JMJ

:unsure: :blink:

oh paladin!! your killin' me smalls!!

lol_grin.giflol_grin.gif your too sweet!

i will not speak upon this matter until you finish RCIA and become a catholic, then we'll converse! B)

:unsure:  :blink:

oh paladin!! your killin' me smalls!!

lol_grin.gif  lol_grin.gif  your too sweet!

i will not speak upon this matter until you finish RCIA and become a catholic, then we'll converse!  B)

Bummer, have to wait a few years then. :huh:

littleflower+JMJ

i wanted to add my posts to both threads concerning NFP, etc. for anyone out there it can help , i pray it does, to give you wisdom, strength and courage to do God's will for you......

------------------------------

(first words from Pope JPII)

as married couples, they must be open to life....while making your marriage blest before God's eyes you both promised to love and be open to life and children....did one not mean it?

i believe Pope John Paul II says it best by this...

"Americans are known for generosity to your children. And what is the best gift you can give your children? I say to you: Give them brothers and sisters"

we must be open to life and open to God's and His will for us....if we refuse God's gift of life, we are refusing God Himself and all his blessings He wants to bestow on them.....

----------------------

(now words of wisdom from Mother Teresa of Calcutta)

Please READ!!! http://priestsforlife.org/articles/contrac...ptionmaster.htm

i also wanted to add words of Mother Teresa,

"...the most precious gift you recieved on your wedding day is the gift of each other. So know each other as God's special gift of love to you and love and cherish each other. Keep the joy of loving each other and share this joy with your own and with those who ahve nothing and no one to call their own. As the fullness and fruitfulness of marriage is found in children, welcome children into your wedlock and help them grow up to be the sunshine's of God's love in your family and neighborhood.

From the first day of your life together as husband and wife, pray together. for the family that prays together stays together in love, peace and unity. Prayer gives a clean heart and a clean heart can see and serve God in one another. Let us pray."

~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

----------------------

thank you and God Bless!

+JMJ

Thomas Michael

Whoa, what happened to the first two pages of this thread? I click on 1 or 2 and I get a "Fatal Error" message. :blink:

littleflower+JMJ

i tried it too and it worked maybe you need to refresh or go back to the main page then come back again i know thats happen to me several times and i just hjave to work with it.....it should show up though...

:o